Would you? I'm tied to the ridiculous 375 etf from their BOGO last year O_o

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-14-10 08:11 PM
    looks like your sporting the storm 2. why not check ebay for the listings to see if you could cover the etf; that is if you want to get rid of the phone. If you can break even from the etf and want the iphone go for it. I made the break from the original storm but my etf was still low.
    06-14-10 08:26 PM
    Yeah even if I can pull 300 for the s2 but I doubt it

06-14-10 08:33 PM
    Try to get whatever you can for your phone.. and take the loss, my wife and kid are on verizon and i have a 3GS, until tonight that is, i could not handle another flimsy pseudo smart phone from verizon..... and cant wait until november for thier contracs to expire... iphone4 is definetly the way to go.
    06-14-10 10:16 PM
    Yeah even if I can pull 300 for the s2 but I doubt it

if your in good standing with vz call and get the unlock code, will get you extra cash
    06-14-10 10:17 PM
    $375 would be too much for me to swallow. This is
    why I stay with GSM & AT&T. AT&T usually gets
    some awesome phones and even when they don't,
    I buy them unlocked. The Nexus One being an
    example.
    06-14-10 10:48 PM
    I might...its tempting. I have some willing to do an AOL on both of my lines.

06-14-10 11:07 PM
    At my house, work and camp, AT&T isn't as good as Verizon. So I wouldn't switch to AT&T for any phone. If they were on the same level, the iPhone would be something I'd look into.

Good luck trying to get VZW to eat the ETF, that's a large chunk of change. But isn't there something that says it reduces a certain amount per month? So maybe it will only be around $300 or $250?
    06-14-10 11:13 PM
    No way! We have a 3G and the reason we didn't upgrade to the 3G(s) last year was AT&T, which is also the reason we probably won't upgrade to the 4. And there's no way in he double hockey sticks I'm giving up my BB for one because it's still better for what I need. We're trying to get both phones on Verizon, so it looks like the 3G is going to have to give way for a Google phone since Apple and Verizon won't pull their heads out of their you know whats!
    06-15-10 12:18 AM
    Verizon has the Droids and AT&T has the iPhone. You can't go wrong with either platform. I've owned both and personally prefer Android.
    Last edited by fearmychickens; 06-15-10 at 01:17 AM.
    06-15-10 01:11 AM
    yes i will leave for iphone 4g
    06-15-10 02:07 AM
    if your in good standing with vz call and get the unlock code, will get you extra cash
    would they tell me if i asked?
    06-15-10 03:48 AM
    would they tell me if i asked?
    I have had people tell me this in the past as well but when I called VZW and told them I would be traveling internationally and needed my storm unlocked (so I could sell it on e-bay ) they told me the storm had international capabilities and that they could just set me up with an international plan but they wouldnt unlock the phone. I ended up paying 15 bucks to get the unlock code from Cell Phone Unlock Codes | Unlocking.com - Trusted By Millions

sucks but hey you get more for it on ebay if its unlocked. Good luck
    06-15-10 04:36 AM
    How much did you get for it?

06-15-10 05:27 AM
    How much did you get for it?

I got $280 for it on ebay plus shipping. If you do put it on e-bay make sure you add to your listing that you will only ship to the US. I had a lot of bidders from over seas on mine. A guy from Florida won it though. Good Luck
    06-15-10 06:32 AM
    OP good luck!

I've thought many times about leaving VZW and going to ATT for the iphone, but I like that I am out of contract with VZW and I don't have to stay, I choose to stay.

I just have a good feeling that if I went to ATT, I would hate it and it wouldn't be worth the money I crapped out for a phone. I like my service with VZW...looks like it is gonna be Droid for now.
    06-15-10 06:42 AM
    My family is switching to AT&T for the new iphone. and the ETF is pro-rated which means its determined on how many months left in your contract. i would go to your local AT&T and asked if they ever have switch over specials because in my town they give you $100 towards ETF's.
    06-15-10 07:23 AM
    They give no deals in nyc lol I'm so torn I dunno what what to get ... This or droid x -_-

06-15-10 08:19 AM
    lol well i live in a small town where they dont get that much business.
    06-15-10 05:03 PM
    I left verizon for the iPhone earlier this year and couldn't be happier. I love the phone, and the network troubles of AT&T (in my area) were greatly exagerated. However, I don't think I'd cough up the current ETF to do so. I had to pay like $80 or something and the sale of my original storm easily covered that. So I guess depending on how much you could sell your storm 2 for would inluence my advice. If it will cover it or be close enough than go for it! If you hate the iPhone or AT&T the sale of your new phone would cover your new ETF to go back lol.

06-15-10 06:24 PM
    I'm in the same boat - subject to a hefty ETF w/my Storm2 but considering an iPhone4.

I'm going to ditch the Storm2 in the near future, the question is for what though. The Droid phones on Verizon have some great specs, but I just don't find them aesthetically appealing. I think the Incredible is the best looking out of the bunch, but when I handled it, something felt missing in the build quality. Sure, functionality is probably more important than looks, but to me, I couldn't deal with a phone that I didn't like the looks of. In terms of the new Droids coming out on Verizon in July/August or the EVO, I think they are just too big.

With that, it'll probably come down to the iPhone4 or Nexus One. The iPhone is what it is, and my intention isn't to start a debate on the iPhone vs. Android vs. Blackberry. I'm looking for a more media and app-friendly device, so the two formers are currently better options for me.
    06-15-10 06:27 PM
    op, i'm in the same situation
    06-15-10 07:57 PM
    i'm trying to sell my Storm2. and I have 16 months left in my contract
    06-15-10 07:58 PM
    My Eft has been pro rated as well. But still would like to get some cash for my Storm2
    06-15-10 07:58 PM
    Im out I did the preorder today
    06-15-10 09:04 PM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD