I upgraded to a Blackberry Bold (my first Blackberry) this past Tuesday and I must admit, I love the thing.

Of course, I have thirty days from this past Tuesday to trade it in for anything else I want, and the iPhone is very tempting, but I have a couple of questions that I want clarification on:

1.) Is it true that you aren't able to save email attachments (with the exception of pictures) on the iPhone? (and by save, I mean actually save an .mp3, or doc, or whatever to the physical drive, not moving a message to another folder on your different email accounts, etc.)

2.) Is there a jail break application, or anything anyone can do to add the attach function to the email interface? I know you can go to the photo album, and attach a picture via that method, but, not being able to attach files via the usual method really is a big deal to me.

3.) How's the battery life? On my current phone with a day (8 hours) of heavy usage (texting, emailing, listening to music) I have a little less than half charge left, which is one of the main reasons I adore it.

4.) How's the call quality? I've heard it's questionable on the iPhone but I live in Dallas, so I don't think network coverage should be an issue. Does that make a difference?

Please, do not take this as me bashing the iPhone. It is indeed a phenomenal device, and its multimedia functions and touch screen interface are second to none, but I'd really like to have the above questions answered so I can make a truly informed decision.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by kaioken92; 06-20-09 at 03:45 PM. Reason: Typo.
    06-20-09 03:16 PM
    I upgraded to a Blackberry Bold (my first Blackberry) this past Tuesday and I must admit, I love the thing.

Of course, I have thirty days from this past Tuesday to trade it in for anything else I want, and the iPhone is very tempting, but I have a couple of questions that I want clarification on:

1.) Is it true that you aren't able to save email attachments (with the exception of pictures) on the iPhone? (and by save, I mean actually save an .mp3, or doc, or whatever to the physical drive, not moving a message to another folder on your different email accounts, etc.)

2.) Is there a jail break application, or anything anyone can do to add the attach function to the email interface? I know you can go to the photo album, and attach a picture via that method, but, not being able to attach files via the usual method really is a big deal to me.

3.) How's the battery life? On my current phone with a day (8 hours) of heavy usage (texting, emailing, listening to music) I have a little less than half charge left, which is one of the main reasons I adore it.

4.) How's the call quality? I've heard it's questionable on the iPhone but I live in Dallas, so I don't think network coverage should be an issue. Does that make a difference?

Please, do not take this as me bashing the iPhone. It is indeed a phenomenal device, and its multimedia functions and touch screen interface are second to none, but I'd really like to have the above questions answered so I can make a truly informed decision.

Thanks in advance.
    #1 - can't answer, have never tried.
    #2 - 3GS - no jailbreak as of this time
    #3 - Battery may be an issue but I don't know for sure.
    #4 - Call quality has not been an issue for me. I have had no complaints.
    06-20-09 07:25 PM
    1. i'll have to try it, honestly, i only use my phone for viewing the emails, any heavy duty stuff like downloading and such i do thru my outlook.
    2. jailbreak for the 3g just came out from what i understand, google redsnow
    3. so far, i've had no real issues with my battery, using the iphone in the same way as my bold. when i start having issues, is when i start playing with the phone. this i think is one of the biggest reasons for the battery life being so small. its really easy to get caught up with a specific app, or just searching for one, and forget how much time you are actually using on the phone. the less i play with it, the more battery i get. but i try to keep it charging in the car when i can, what good are all those cool apps if you cant use em?
    4. my call quality has been identical to my bold, i've not heard any differences at all.

my opinion is that you cant go wrong with either phone, i only have the 3g and not the 3gs, but everything i've read about it shows that its a great phone as well! good luck.
    06-21-09 11:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD