i just trade my iphone for a bold. what a MISTAKE. people hype these things up so much and they fail awfully. their appstore is CRAZY over priced. their SMS organization is simply awful. no threaded texting? what is this slop? it just lists all the texts in a row. it doesn't have single conversations listed. it's just an entire list of confusing unorganized garbage. the browser is as good as my browser from a phone i had five years ago. even opera sucks on it. how the **** can they say email is better on here? it jumbles everything together in a huge list that takes forever to scroll through. i just don't understand what people see better about this? how can a phone be $500 with an unusable browser. i just don't understand. sorry to rip on it but i'm furious with how subpar this thing is
    05-26-09 12:23 PM
    i just trade my iphone for a bold. what a MISTAKE. people hype these things up so much and they fail awfully. their appstore is CRAZY over priced. their SMS organization is simply awful. no threaded texting? what is this slop? it just lists all the texts in a row. it doesn't have single conversations listed. it's just an entire list of confusing unorganized garbage. the browser is as good as my browser from a phone i had five years ago. even opera sucks on it. how the **** can they say email is better on here? it jumbles everything together in a huge list that takes forever to scroll through. i just don't understand what people see better about this? how can a phone be $500 with an unusable browser. i just don't understand. sorry to rip on it but i'm furious with how subpar this thing is
    welcome to the dark side! our goal is to have all iphone users ultimately suffer and be bogged down by an inferior phone!

seriously, did you not do any research whatsoever? you went from a toy to a real phone. sorry the eye candy isnt what you thought. i know that missing that fart app, or the dog licking the screen app is a dreaded loss, my condolences. you should have just used the gps turn by turn on your iphone to direct you to the nearest....oh, sorry, you couldnt. i think the iphone is a cool device, i had one, and thought it was pretty neat. the problem came in when i tried to really USE email, and run multiple apps at the same time. then i saw the shortcomings. i love my berry, but i'm always on the prowl for something better. give the bold some time, i think once you realize the potential of what you have, you'll understand the power of the crackberry!

with all that said, i'm really looking forward to see what the new 3.0 update does for the 3G, as well as the new iphone in the works. ****, i may be back to the apple yet! LOL
    05-26-09 12:54 PM
    So you made a mistake and bought the wrong device. That's all on you.

Funny how you never hear from the folks who did the legwork and bought the right device.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-26-09 01:29 PM
    LOL. I don't think Blackberry, let alone the Bold is that bad. It seems in your case that the things you want your device to do is on an iphone. And that's perfectly ok. A blackberry is not for everyone just like an iphone isn't. I think one of you mistakes was probably assuming that blackberry did everything better or at least comparable without actually testing before you bought. We've been looking for a good threaded texting app for a long time LOL. Same with the browser. I understand your frustrations, but next time just play around with a device for the features you use most often and see which one works best. I toggle between my Bold and iPhone right now because neither one is good enough to make me give up the other. I will see what happens when 3.0 comes out. Maybe that will be the thing that makes me give up my Bold, or at least stick it in the drawer. Try and get your iPhone back .
    05-26-09 01:35 PM
    Sounds like an operator issue; not a device issue.
    I have over 50 apps on my Bold and have paid a total of $0.00 for all of them combined...I did buy one ringtone cause the thing was hilarious.
    No issues with browsing...fast and furious for me. E-mail is the only way I communiate, I do not text and have blocked texting from my plan; e-mailing is just as fast and offers enough character space that I can use plain old English. My monthly charge for unlimited web access is $30.00. The phone was bought online for $99 (refurb). Total $ invested so far for all 3 months is $189. Take some personal responsibility for your actions, eh?
    Last edited by abominable69; 05-26-09 at 02:00 PM.
    05-26-09 01:57 PM
    LOL. I don't think Blackberry, let alone the Bold is that bad. It seems in your case that the things you want your device to do is on an iphone. And that's perfectly ok. A blackberry is not for everyone just like an iphone isn't. I think one of you mistakes was probably assuming that blackberry did everything better or at least comparable without actually testing before you bought. We've been looking for a good threaded texting app for a long time LOL. Same with the browser. I understand your frustrations, but next time just play around with a device for the features you use most often and see which one works best. I toggle between my Bold and iPhone right now because neither one is good enough to make me give up the other. I will see what happens when 3.0 comes out. Maybe that will be the thing that makes me give up my Bold, or at least stick it in the drawer. Try and get your iPhone back .
    Hey question for you scorpiodsu, and sorry for the OP for jacking your thread. But from someone who is considering an iPhone, and seeing that you have both a BB and an iPhone what are the pros and cons of the iPhone for you? A buddy of mine is a pure Apple fanboy to a T, and when I asked him about it he laughed and said that I talk on the phone too much, meaning the coverage sucks enough alone for me to hate it. I love blackberries, but I own a Mac as well and with the ease of syncing it with my computer alone would be great. But what do you consider the pros and cons?
    05-26-09 02:02 PM

Funny how you never hear from the folks who did the legwork and bought the right device.

I did my legwork...when I decided to go from a regular flip phone to a PDA I mad a list of every PDA I could find. I checked the options available, the functions and the apps they would run and whittled that list down about 30. From there I went to the various stores that sold them and used each one in my hands to get a feel for them and whittled that list down to 10. From there I checked the rate plans and costs associated with each individual carrier and whittled that list down to 3-the Blackjack; the Q-9 and the Bold...all from ATT. Spent about an hour with each phone in the store using every single application and function and whittled that list down to the Bold. I am absolutely blown away by the Bold, what it can do and how well it can do it.
    05-26-09 02:13 PM
    I mean he came from a POS that's just a web browser/media player, and he comes here and complains about the SMS and E-Mail?

Be happy you can do MMS now, and get push E-Mail. SMS may not be threaded, but as soon as you open a SMS it shows the history. I don't see how that can confuse you, unless you're 7 years old.

Sounds like you should have just kept your iPod. Yea. I said iPod.
    Last edited by chrisy520; 05-26-09 at 02:17 PM. Reason: Inflammatory
    05-26-09 02:16 PM
    People need to do the research, which is quite easy. Just many reasons as to why the iPhone is leaps above any BB.
    05-26-09 02:16 PM
    Hey question for you scorpiodsu, and sorry for the OP for jacking your thread. But from someone who is considering an iPhone, and seeing that you have both a BB and an iPhone what are the pros and cons of the iPhone for you? A buddy of mine is a pure Apple fanboy to a T, and when I asked him about it he laughed and said that I talk on the phone too much, meaning the coverage sucks enough alone for me to hate it. I love blackberries, but I own a Mac as well and with the ease of syncing it with my computer alone would be great. But what do you consider the pros and cons?
    First off, I would say that it soley depends on the user on which device is best for them. What may a con for someone is a non-issue for another (threaded SMS from the OP as an example).

Blackberry

What I liked most - blackberry was the email and messaging. Everything was crisp and instant. I also love the keypad (hated the Storm), ability to run apps in the background, calendar (can send and receive calendar invites and accept), MMS, and video recording.

What I don't like. Browser - Still not good enough when compared to other mobile devices, slower processor than others, media player is ok at best and clicking through so many screens and/or menus to do stuff and Apps to me are ok. Most of the stuff in the App store that's useful have been out and the other stuff is overpriced IMO.

iPhone

What I like most - Best mobile browser, media player, thousands of useful and non-useful apps, threaded text messaging, Youtube app is great, have access to all my email folders (real HTML email) and smooth and nice design with a great UI.

What I don't like - Missing features which are well documented i.e. copy and paste, MMS, landscape keyboard and video recording. Though these features will be included in the 3.0 update, it's still a shame that Apple didn't include this from the beginning. No push, except for yahoo, exchange or if you use mobileme. Need better calendar features such as sending and accepting invites (which is also supposed to be included in 3.0). Most of the issues I have with the iPhone will be fixed in 3.0. Those features are the main reasons I still keep a blackberry around.

At the end of the day, it will be up to you to decide which features you can and cannot live without. For instance, I can live without push email (it would be nice to have), but I prefer the iPhone email app because I have access to all my stuff even through a POP server. But that's just me. So it will be up to you to decide which is better. Personally, I would say try out each device for yourself for a while and then decide. As you are doing your normal daily tasks, you will soon find out which device makes the grade for you. And then there are some that love the G1 or a WinMo device. So try them out and make the best choice for yourself because no one can tell you what device is best for your needs better than you can.
    05-26-09 02:28 PM
    I mean he came from a POS that's just a web browser/media player, and he comes here and complains about the SMS and E-Mail?

Be happy you can do MMS now, and get push E-Mail. SMS may not be threaded, but as soon as you open a SMS it shows the history. I don't see how that can confuse you, unless you're 7 years old.

Sounds like you should have just kept your iPod. Yea. I said iPod.
    Taking it a little personal, huh? It's only a device.
    05-26-09 02:31 PM
    You should use the phone that's fits your personality. The iphone is just more pleasing to the eye. I love my bold and iphone my personality needs both

05-26-09 02:46 PM

I did my legwork...when I decided to go from a regular flip phone to a PDA I mad a list of every PDA I could find. I checked the options available, the functions and the apps they would run and whittled that list down about 30. From there I went to the various stores that sold them and used each one in my hands to get a feel for them and whittled that list down to 10. From there I checked the rate plans and costs associated with each individual carrier and whittled that list down to 3-the Blackjack; the Q-9 and the Bold...all from ATT. Spent about an hour with each phone in the store using every single application and function and whittled that list down to the Bold. I am absolutely blown away by the Bold, what it can do and how well it can do it.
    05-26-09 02:51 PM
    I did the same thing. We will welcome you back (for a small fee).
    05-26-09 02:55 PM
    Um, troll alert.
    05-26-09 02:58 PM
    Posted twice?
    05-26-09 03:01 PM
    hilarious how worked up some get over it, its just a phone !

for me the iPhones email meets my needs better, the rest of the features are secondary to me...

besides with a blackberry im boring, with the iPhone i'm cool !

its the same phone Paris Hilton has !

05-26-09 03:11 PM
    Actually she has a berry! Lol check the front page of crackberry

05-26-09 03:15 PM
    Actually she has a berry! Lol check the front page of crackberry

well damn....
    05-26-09 03:18 PM
    IMO the blackberry is a business phone and the iphone is a consumer phone, I have a curve right now but I ordered my iphone and I am expecting it this weekend, I have been using a used iphone that a friend let me borrow and it is AWESOME, the iphone is a great piece of technology, thats just my opinion.
    06-02-09 06:17 PM
    you mad??????????
    06-02-09 06:21 PM
    IMO the blackberry is a business phone and the iphone is a consumer phone, I have a curve right now but I ordered my iphone and I am expecting it this weekend, I have been using a used iphone that a friend let me borrow and it is AWESOME, the iphone is a great piece of technology, thats just my opinion.
    I agree that the iPhone is a good consumer phone, but I disagree that a blackberry is purely a business phone. I've run into more and more kids or maybe teenagers going into college that have BlackBerrys. I think the smart phone market in general is just gaining momentum.

I personally think that most phones are gonna be similar down the road as far as functionality, differences only being carrier, maker, and OS UI. After that, people are just going to have distinguished phones for business and/or personal use.
    06-02-09 06:36 PM
    I agree that the iPhone is a good consumer phone, but I disagree that a blackberry is purely a business phone. I've run into more and more kids or maybe teenagers going into college that have BlackBerrys. I think the smart phone market in general is just gaining momentum.

I personally think that most phones are gonna be similar down the road as far as functionality, differences only being carrier, maker, and OS UI. After that, people are just going to have distinguished phones for business and/or personal use.
    Ill have to slightly disagree, people like teenagers have BBs because they think they look "professional" or "more grown up" and doubtful they even use push email on them. Its a good qwerty device for texting really to them mostly.

I have BIS and its FAR less than really functional email. Its missing a TON of basic email features on other OSs which is disappointing because the Bold is a great device. But I really cant see if youre not using BES how a BB on BIs is a better email device missing key features- folder support, full exchange integration, IMAP integration with folders, calendar and contact sync, etc.

Ill prob end up getting a new iphone when it launches because really theres nothing else I want to use. WM is just horrible after using if for 4 years and slipping behind, RIM cant offer me exchange support, so it really leaves the iphone on ATT.
    06-02-09 11:22 PM
    Ill have to slightly disagree, people like teenagers have BBs because they think they look "professional" or "more grown up" and doubtful they even use push email on them. Its a good qwerty device for texting really to them mostly.

I have BIS and its FAR less than really functional email. Its missing a TON of basic email features on other OSs which is disappointing because the Bold is a great device. But I really cant see if youre not using BES how a BB on BIs is a better email device missing key features- folder support, full exchange integration, IMAP integration with folders, calendar and contact sync, etc.

Ill prob end up getting a new iphone when it launches because really theres nothing else I want to use. WM is just horrible after using if for 4 years and slipping behind, RIM cant offer me exchange support, so it really leaves the iphone on ATT.
    I agree that BES has more functionality than BIS, but for teenagers going off to school or already in college, I can see them using it with their school email. And with Verizon I'm sure its explained to the kids or their parents what the $30 dollar mandatory data package really is. But even then, syncing with college email servers they may need BES; which I'm not even sure if that's true.

Though I do agree that BlackBerrys right now are better suited for corporate end users, RIM is trying to reach out to the regular consumer with the Storm.

The iPhone is one slick device though.
    06-03-09 09:35 AM
    I think the guy is a troll, but anyway...I switched from an iPhone to a Bold and couldn't be happier. I love Apple probably more than anyone though.
    06-04-09 12:44 AM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD