lol I love the Storm over the iPhone. The only 2 gripes I have about it are:

No Wifi (verizon's fault. Then they lie and say it's because their data's amazing. Wifi = Free. Data = 30 bucks. You do the math. The unlocked GSM Version has wifi.)

No App Store (They're working on it though)

Remember when The iPhone couldn't do anything? Phone, Text, Internet.

It took a long time to get the App Store & Jailbreaking it. When I first got the iPhone from AT&T since I work for them, I sold the POS because I couldn't do anything with it. It's just a toy...
    A toy that does several things better than your BB and has a better look/customer service.
    03-18-09 12:55 PM
    [QUOTE=Ultrafied;1256144]
    You'll be sorry, the storm is a failed experiment in touch screen phones. QUOTE]

Based on ..?
    Too many people say the Storm is crap, yet the majority (look at the Storm forum) love the phone. The 3G and Storm are 2 different phones. One is more media centric, the other more communication centric and both have a spot.

I could never get into a BB with those tiny tiny keys. It was a toss up, either iPhone or Storm. I love the Safari interface (nothing out there like it IMO). But, since I was a VZ customer anyway, I got the Storm. Totaly different "way" of life. My emails, calls are great!! The browser is livable. But then again, I'm not a iTune guy or anything.
    The iPhone interface sure does look good and if the Storm hadn't been as good as it is, I would have probably left Vz for the iPhone. Just my 2 cents.
    The Storm kept u with VZW too. I was actually thinking of going to Sprint simply because of the price plans. But stayed with VZW because of the Storm.
    03-27-09 09:21 AM
    I'm definately no 'FAN BOY' of anything. I think that the iPhone is awesome, I play with a couple of my buddies phones all the time (usually sticking to going to the app store cuz I think its what makes the iPhone 'great'.

Yes I am a Storm owner. The main reason why I didn't get an iPhone at the time was my contract tying me down and I couldnt shell out 300 just to get out of it.... My first impressions with the storm when I got it was HUGE DISSAPOINTMENT....not because of lack of features... but the OS was so unstable I was doing 3 battery pulls a day!! I was close to trading in for a Curve but seeing the constant OS leaks that RIM was putting out I decided to stick with it.....

AND AM I EVER GLAD I DID.

We are now on our Seventh OS leak and the Storm has RE-INVENTED itself.... It is superstable, faster than ever, the battery will last you 2 days under heavy usage and 3 days with mild usage, the camera has pretty much stopped me from reaching for my digital camera as picture quality is SHARP and with Image Stabilization you really appreciate the camera (same goes for the video camera). The accelerometer has improved with every OS leak and it works as it should (something that it definitely didn't do under the original OS, it would take like 4-6 seconds to switch landscape to portrait). We now have a full keyboard in portrait mode.... Themes and APPS are starting to roll in and its been about a month that I havent uttered the phrase...

AAARRRGGHHHHH THIS F$#@$@ING PHONE!!!

and last but definately not least there is one thing that the STORM can do that the iPHONE will never be able to do....

BLACKBERRY MESSENGER BABY!!!

The next gen of iphone can walk, talk and make babies for all I care but if it doesn't have the capabilities to operate on BBM it just wont be good enough.... the storm is my first Blackberry and I did not know that soooo many people would end up having BBM (or blackberry's) in general.... it cuts down the cost of a voice plan and makes the phone a HOOT....

iphone is a great toy no doubt..... have fun with it!
    Wow thanks I needed that...................
    I am still with .75 yeah I'm a chicken
    03-27-09 09:30 AM
    I'm getting rid of my 3 GB iphone for a pink blackberry curve 8330. The iphone has been an absolute nightmare of a cell phone experience and I wish I never even got the dumb thing. It cuts out on me or I get kicked off the network or it just stops working and when I take it in they just give me a new phone and I'm on my third phone so far and I cant deal with the glitches and going through another phone so its goodbye to the iphone and hello blackberry.
    03-27-09 08:30 PM
    Hopefully you'll enjoy your storm.
    03-27-09 11:10 PM
    Nope... No WiFi = the way of the future.

WiFi is already an outdated technology actually, although they are trying very hard in the networking world to keep it going. But when the N standard has already got 2 drafts running along and the fight over the official standard has been going on for years now.... its just.... outdated. WiFi N is gling to die a horrible death. Compatibility issues are horrendous at the moment. But... especially since TRUE mobile internet is now being integrated into laptops etc. now all that needs to be able to do is function in sync with existing network interfaces, wired and wireless, and we have a winner.
    LOL if there's ever been a person in denial, it's you. Don't be jealous just because your phone doesn't have wifi
    03-28-09 02:43 AM
106 ... 345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD