I'm extremely frustrated right now.

For the past 3 hours I've been trying to set up my Gmail account and it first give me the SQL error and then when I say I'd like to continue without SQL it says that the IMAP settings are not correct.

I've tried setting up my email the way that Gmail has described about 20 times to no avail. I looks around a few forums and articles and did everything and still nothing.

Can anyone help me out? I'd greatly appreciate it! I'm loving my iPhone right now but I'm starting to regret switching over...

Thanks in advance guys.
    08-17-09 05:02 PM
    Have you enabled POP and IMAP in your settings of Gmail?
    08-18-09 01:16 AM
    Yes I had both enabled.

I tried again when I woke up today and it worked flawlessly. The only difference was that I wasn't on my WiFi connection.
    08-18-09 12:16 PM
    Cool... glad you got it working. Enjoy.
    08-18-09 02:39 PM
    i actually just had an online chat with apple just a few days ago. for some reason, when on wifi, i couldnt send email. i could receive, but not send. i chatted with an apple agent who told me that sometimes the wifi basically interferes with ports or something needed to send or receive email properly. i turned wifi off, and viola! email was sent with no problems. i wonder if something like that was your issue where when 3G is only used, its good to go. he told me something about a corrupt network or something. i asked him how to fix that and he said connect to another network. hmmmmm
    08-18-09 04:51 PM
    i heard you should initially set up your email on a cell signal and after that it should work fine on wifi
    08-27-09 01:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD