Disagree. I'm serious. I switched to Verizon over a year ago. As for groundbreaking..how's this. I went to my friends house who had an incredible sound system installed throughout his house, as well as a home theatre. How did he control it? You guessed it. An app from his iphone. So we're sitting there talking and he switches the song/cd right from his iphone. Try that with your Droid/Nexus One. Don't discount the brilliance of the multitude of apps available. Oh wait, you can get GPS directions on your Droid just put it on the dock. No thanks. I like my Garmin for that.
    Try running multiple apps at the same time. Try listening to Pandora and surfing the web. How about watching YouTube videos and using GPS Navigation at the same time with turn by turn directions while riding in the car? (not recommended for the driver). How about viewing Flash content on websites? Eris Does. Droid will be doing that soon enough with Flash 10. Speaking of Flash - ever seen the iPhone's camera flash? Spend a few hundred on a phone that doesn't even have a simple camera flash. Oh and 5mp camera - iPhone? Oh that's right..

There's a lot of things the Droid can do that the iPhone can't. Little the iPhone can do that the Droid can't.

You are sadly misinformed about the Google Maps with Navigation as well. You do not have to have a dock in order to use Nav. The dock just enhances the user interface that you see initially. Otherwise the entire experience is the same. Your Garmin doesn't have maps that update on a daily basis, it isn't free, it isn't as smart, it doesn't give you up to date traffic information (I realize some do, but why spend hundreds and connect your mobile phone to use it when you can do it all in one app), it doesn't have voice search for going out on the web and finding destinations - you have preloaded POI's, and it doesn't give you a street view look of your destination when you arrive. BTW, Google Maps with Nav is free and isn't offered on your beloved iPhone. But hey, thanks for playing!
    02-04-10 03:16 PM
    Oh and 5mp camera - iPhone? Oh that's right..
    It's kinda funny, because I was taking pictures for my mom the other day on my omnia 2... and my mom was freaking out at the resolution and quality.

5 megapixel FTW!
    02-04-10 03:46 PM
    How do you take the battery cover off the iPhone? lol
    02-04-10 04:46 PM
    .....Wow your ******* funny.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-04-10 06:18 PM
    Disagree. I'm serious. I switched to Verizon over a year ago. As for groundbreaking..how's this. I went to my friends house who had an incredible sound system installed throughout his house, as well as a home theatre. How did he control it? You guessed it. An app from his iphone. So we're sitting there talking and he switches the song/cd right from his iphone. Try that with your Droid/Nexus One. Don't discount the brilliance of the multitude of apps available. Oh wait, you can get GPS directions on your Droid just put it on the dock. No thanks. I like my Garmin for that.
    sooooooooooo... he's got a $400 universal remote???
    I can do that too... with the $30 universal remote I bought at walmart...
    my phone makes calls... one think the iPhone doesnt do very well, so I've heard.
    02-04-10 10:45 PM
    No matter what anyone says the iphone will sell a TON of phones if they goto verizon, I like my BB but would switch just to try something new because my last 3 BB's were more of the same.

Groundbreaking..NO Something new to play with sure.
    02-05-10 06:35 AM
    I don't do iphones. Might consider a palm, or android, but would never do an iphone too much of a controlled, closed platform. Yea, yea I KNOW you can jailbreak them, but you shouldn't HAVE to do that just to get some basic openness to your device. And how can you NOT have a removable battery, that I just don't get. And don't give me the "well you don't need to do battery pulls with an iphone" line, because what if it gets wet? You can't quickly pull the battery to avoid damage can you? And those screens break pretty easily too, I have several friends with cracked iphone screens and they don't insure them so you are stuck with it in that condition. Sorry, but Apple can keep their iphone!
    02-05-10 08:32 AM
    I don't do iphones. Might consider a palm, or android, but would never do an iphone too much of a controlled, closed platform. Yea, yea I KNOW you can jailbreak them, but you shouldn't HAVE to do that just to get some basic openness to your device. And how can you NOT have a removable battery, that I just don't get. And don't give me the "well you don't need to do battery pulls with an iphone" line, because what if it gets wet? You can't quickly pull the battery to avoid damage can you? And those screens break pretty easily too, I have several friends with cracked iphone screens and they don't insure them so you are stuck with it in that condition. Sorry, but Apple can keep their iphone!
    PK, got news for you on the Plam webOS as well, while the batteries can be removed, DO NOT do it. This WILL damage the device beyond repair. There are steps that have to be done prior to battery remove on these devices.

The thing that scares me the most is that most carriers will tell you pull the battery with it powered on. people will do this the new palm devices and there will be lots of replacements.
    02-05-10 08:43 AM
    PK, got news for you on the Plam webOS as well, while the batteries can be removed, DO NOT do it. This WILL damage the device beyond repair. There are steps that have to be done prior to battery remove on these devices.

The thing that scares me the most is that most carriers will tell you pull the battery with it powered on. people will do this the new palm devices and there will be lots of replacements.

The day the Palm came out for Verizon I went up to see it and it locked up while the Palm Rep was giving me a demo and he did a battery pull on it to reset the phone. Just thought I would share that. One thing I did not like is that it seems to run slow. It's reaction time was not up to par with what I'm use to with a blackberry.
    02-05-10 10:13 AM
    The day the Palm came out for Verizon I went up to see it and it locked up while the Palm Rep was giving me a demo and he did a battery pull on it to reset the phone. Just thought I would share that. One thing I did not like is that it seems to run slow. It's reaction time was not up to par with what I'm use to with a blackberry.
    Well when the rep trashes the phone, I am sure they will hear about it. I have played with both the pre and pixi and did not see these issues. Keep in mind devices in stores get abused.
    02-05-10 10:19 AM
    I wish I had an iphone instead of storm 2
    02-05-10 10:19 AM
    Well when the rep trashes the phone, I am sure they will hear about it. I have played with both the pre and pixi and did not see these issues. Keep in mind devices in stores get abused.

Come to think of it I did go back up the next day with a friend to look at it again and it was acting funny. She had to go get the stores model to show us how some of the funtions work. Guess he might have done a number on it when he pulled the battery out.
    02-05-10 10:25 AM
    The day I went to check out the Pre it was not working properly either. Realistically IF I ever left BB (and it's a BIG IF) it would probably be for an Android device. And my main point was I would like to have the ability to remove the battery in case of disaster. If my device gets wet I want the battery out of there ASAP!
    02-05-10 10:33 AM
    how do you take the battery cover off the iphone? Lol
    lmao........................... :d
    02-05-10 10:36 AM
    The day I went to check out the Pre it was not working properly either. Realistically IF I ever left BB (and it's a BIG IF) it would probably be for an Android device. And my main point was I would like to have the ability to remove the battery in case of disaster. If my device gets wet I want the battery out of there ASAP!
    Ohhhh PK make the jump to Android
    02-05-10 10:37 AM
    It is fairly easy many methods.

Hammer and flat heat screw driver.
    Small thermal nuclear device
    Run it over with an 18 wheeler.

But most of all, don't buy one
    02-05-10 10:56 AM
    It is fairly easy many methods.

Hammer and flat heat screw driver.
    Small thermal nuclear device
    Run it over with an 18 wheeler.

But most of all, don't buy one
    Hammer... $15
    Flat head screw driver... $3
    Small thermal nuclear device... borrowed from Iran
    18 wheeler... free at local truck stop
    Not owning an iPhone... PRICELESS!!!!
    02-05-10 01:16 PM
    Unlike the BB you don't constantly have to
    02-05-10 04:37 PM
    I don't have to... and my back is removeable. I have an Eris
    02-05-10 04:39 PM
    Good thing the iPhone doesn't multitask I guess. When it freezes you just get to stare at it..
    02-05-10 04:42 PM
    Good thing the iPhone doesn't multitask I guess. When it freezes you just get to stare at it..
    Lol brutal... I wasn't gonna go there.
    02-05-10 04:44 PM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD