I just spoke with my AT&T rep at the Union, NJ store and he told me that they're waiting for the FedEx truck's arrival now. I told him that I was his 2nd customer on 6/15 and he said that they were told that anyone who pre-ordered at the store by 4:30pm on 6/15 should expect their phone tomorrow. He also said that to help keep the crowd down, they're not allowing any walk-ins to purchase an iPhone 4. They'll have to wait until next week. He said that they're going to call each pre-order when their phone is ready and we can come in and pick them up.

Based on what he told me, I don't think I'll be one of those people standing out there in the 90+ degree heat tommorow, until I recieve my phone call.
    06-23-10 10:50 AM
    Yep Best Buy called me this afternoon to confirm it also. I set it up for noon as I have something else going on in the morning. Oddly they said first appt was at 8AM yet I thought they opened at 10AM?
    06-23-10 06:33 PM
    06-23-10 06:37 PM
    Wow! I know it's soon, but how do you like it so far?
    06-23-10 06:40 PM
    Well other than the fact that I have no service it's amazing. I've been using the blackberry curve and storm for a while now and probably the only thing I loved blackberry for was the blackberry messenger. So I had to switch. I mean right now I'm typing this with the iPhone over wifi and it's amazing!!!!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-23-10 06:47 PM
    Well other than the fact that I have no service it's amazing. I've been using the blackberry curve and storm for a while now and probably the only thing I loved blackberry for was the blackberry messenger. So I had to switch. I mean right now I'm typing this with the iPhone over wifi and it's amazing!!!!!!

Is your not having any service due to your location, or you just don't have your data turned on yet?

I can't wait for my phone call tomorrow. I was a BB user for almost 2 years and then I upgraded to the iPhone 3GS last month, just to see if I liked it. I loved it and after they announced the release date at the WWDC, I returned it on 6/8 and canceled my upgrade to wait for the 4.

Good luck.
    06-23-10 07:01 PM
    I don't have service because when I pre ordered the iPhone I signed up for a new AT&T account. So because I just signed up for it my account hasn't been activated yet. I talked to a lady over the web on AT&T.com and she said I have to wait 3-5 days before my account gets active on AT&T website then I can activate iPhone...I think lol

06-23-10 07:09 PM
    I don't have service because when I pre ordered the iPhone I signed up for a new AT&T account. So because I just signed up for it my account hasn't been activated yet. I talked to a lady over the web on AT&T.com and she said I have to wait 3-5 days before my account gets active on AT&T website then I can activate iPhone...I think lol

That's not too bad. At least you can use your wifi. I guess they're going to make you choose one of the crappy new data plans. I was lucky enough to be able to keep my unlimited data plan. That's good for me, because I stream music almost all day at work. I also do a lot of web surfing.
    06-23-10 07:17 PM
    i will be getting mine tomorrow!!! i was jumping up and down at my desk in the office when i got the email on my verizon BB LOL (which will come to its demise tomorrow after work).... yes BB was good to me but it's time to move on!
    06-23-10 09:48 PM
    I still have my first BB, a red curve 8310. I think I'll keep it as a backup and sell my Storm on ebay. Tomorrow can't come fast enough for me!
    06-23-10 10:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD