has anyone done this or does anyone know anyone who has done it? i have onw of the newest ones.. os 2.2.1...... are there any drawbacks besides bye bye warranty?? anyways, any help would be awesome.. thanks guys
    04-25-09 10:22 PM
    Don't wory about warranty. Just restore your phone to original settings in itunes when you need to exchange it. They'll never know you jailbroke it. No disadvantages to it because you get to customize the iphone in so many ways possible. You'll just see a little lag here and there when doing stuff though but its not bad.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-25-09 10:25 PM
    Any directions on how to jailbreak one?
    04-27-09 01:21 AM
    http://www.theiphoneblog.com/iphone-...how-to-guides/

All the information you should need, including the links to download quickpwn are listed in the guides.
    04-27-09 02:44 PM
    just google jailbreak iphone 3g, thats what I did...just follow the instructions.
    05-06-09 05:14 AM
    Quickpwn

05-06-09 07:43 AM
    This might be dumb can you change carriers if you jail break your phone. Ie alltel
    05-06-09 03:00 PM
    This might be dumb can you change carriers if you jail break your phone. Ie alltel
    You can only use it on GSM carriers that use a SIM card, ie, AT&T & T-Mobile.

I believe Alltel is also GSM and uses a SIM card, if so it should work.
    05-06-09 08:53 PM
    jailbreak means you can install non app store programs and can customize the layout, to use a different carriers sim card you need to unlock your iphone
    05-06-09 08:59 PM
    Alltel is CDMA-iphone won't work it's GSM. iphone will work on any GSM provider after you unlock it.
    05-06-09 09:26 PM
    thanx for the reply
    07-21-09 02:39 PM
    get used to putting your phone in dfu mode (hold power and home button until phone turns off then release the power but continue to hold home) if you do it right your screen will stay black
    after that just run redsn0w with the file of the firmware you are jailbreaking. after starting redsn0w it walks you through the rest. after it says finished quite early on so don't touch your phone until it resets and is at the homescreen
    07-21-09 02:50 PM
    get used to putting your phone in dfu mode (hold power and home button until phone turns off then release the power but continue to hold home) if you do it right your screen will stay black
    after that just run redsn0w with the file of the firmware you are jailbreaking. after starting redsn0w it walks you through the rest. after it says finished quite early on so don't touch your phone until it resets and is at the homescreen
    Is this because a lot of apps crash or hang...??or are there any other issues to be aware of??
    07-21-09 10:25 PM
    Is this because a lot of apps crash or hang...??or are there any other issues to be aware of??
    neither, its a step in the jailbreak. step 2 (i believe) is disconnect your iphone from the pc and put it in recovery mode then reconnect. once its done properly redsn0w will detect it and proceed but if you don't know what your doing before you get their you may be their for a few mins
    07-22-09 05:22 AM
    Looks like I was not aware of what I was doing...did a hurried job of jailbreaking and then wasnt sure as it was showing that a nearly 80% or the system memory(equivalent to RAM) was occupied..
    So wasnt sure if I really wanted to Jailbreak and restored my phone back...Gotta do some more reading before I start it the next time...
    Thanks anyways...
    07-22-09 08:58 AM
    Looks like I was not aware of what I was doing...did a hurried job of jailbreaking and then wasnt sure as it was showing that a nearly 80% or the system memory(equivalent to RAM) was occupied..
    So wasnt sure if I really wanted to Jailbreak and restored my phone back...Gotta do some more reading before I start it the next time...
    Thanks anyways...

curious, where did you see that at? also if you need help just reply, plenty of people here willing to help
    07-22-09 09:19 AM
    It was on the cydia screen where it was showing the packages and memory etc...since I have already restored my phone,I can not give the exact directions to reach that screen...
    If you ever get to that screen with my obscure directions, do post your free memory %.
    Yep i will be posting my questions when i start jailbreaking again...
    07-22-09 09:41 AM
    It was on the cydia screen where it was showing the packages and memory etc...since I have already restored my phone,I can not give the exact directions to reach that screen...
    If you ever get to that screen with my obscure directions, do post your free memory %.

this screen?
    07-22-09 10:18 AM
    gotcha, heres my systems snap. the system marks how much room used for system files by cydia, pretty close to 80% used. the private section is what you need to worry about as thats where everything else goes, apps music and whatnot. the font i have screws a few things up so mind the overlapping

bah, peter beat me
    Last edited by spawn026; 07-22-09 at 10:24 AM.
    07-22-09 10:22 AM
    or this? btw the available memmory now reads 38 mb
    07-22-09 10:24 AM
    this screen?
    Yep thats the one...
    07-22-09 11:37 AM
    I have a question, I jailbroke my phone for the second time and my phone runs so slow and some features do not work at all. Is that just how Jailbroken Iphones are or is it user error?
    07-23-09 11:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD