If I jailbreak my iPhone4 will it void my warranty with Verizon?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-08-11 07:13 PM
    Yes. But by factory restoring it, they will never know that it was ever jailbroken. So in the event you need to use your warranty, just factory reset, take it in and get it fixed, then re-jailbreak it.
    07-08-11 07:43 PM
    Yes. But by factory restoring it, they will never know that it was ever jailbroken.
    Actually some jailbreaks put files in restricted areas on you iPhone. I used to jailbreak a lot. I think cydia created a file in the iPhone, only deleteable with SSH.

So they can find it that way. . Not that they will.

07-08-11 08:47 PM
    Alright alright, you SHOULD be fine with just a factory restore. Hah!
    07-08-11 09:42 PM
    Actually some jailbreaks put files in restricted areas on you iPhone. I used to jailbreak a lot. I think cydia created a file in the iPhone, only deleteable with SSH.

So they can find it that way. . Not that they will.

who's going to go through all that trouble to find an undeleted ssh file? just factory restore it and call it a day.
    07-11-11 02:56 AM
    who's going to go through all that trouble to find an undeleted ssh file? just factory restore it and call it a day.
    Exactly! And the apple store is always a mad house; they just don't have that kind of time. You'll be fine lol

07-11-11 03:18 AM
    I was joking. Haha.
    They won't go through that. . The only way to find it is by jailbreaking a device that was jailbroken in the past.

07-11-11 07:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD