Hey guys/gals, this is really an ipod touch problem rather than an iphone problem, but I figured the iphone people would know a fix as well as anyone else. When I try to update any apps it brings up a screen w/ my email address on it and asks for my password. The problem is that it brings up my gf's email address automatically as the default and I can't figure out how to switch it back to mine. I don't understand it because her email address was never attached to the device, only mine is attached to it. Hope you guys have an easy fix for it. Thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-09-10 05:10 PM
    well, if you are talking about an update from the app store...that email you see is the apple account email from itunes....what could fix it is unauthorized the computer the email is attached to.....

then you connect the itouch with itunes and put your own account and hopefully that will fix it.....
    01-09-10 06:01 PM
    It sounds like the itunes on your touch is set up on your GF's itunes account. If that is the case you need to go into the app store and enter the account info for your itunes account. When you did your very first sync with it was it your itunes account or your gf's?
    01-09-10 06:07 PM
    Ohh that's the problem right there. I synced it first w/ her computer. Thanks for the quick replies, I think I can get take it from here.

01-09-10 06:26 PM
    Ohh that's the problem right there. I synced it first w/ her computer. Thanks for the quick replies, I think I can get take it from here.

Just so you know you are going to lose what is on your iPod. It can only be syncd to one account at a time
    01-09-10 07:52 PM
    Really? I've pulled songs off both her computer and mine. Do you mean that I'll lose all my songs when I switch over the account to mine? My apps won't be affected will they? I'm such an ipod noob.

01-09-10 08:18 PM
    Really? I've pulled songs off both her computer and mine. Do you mean that I'll lose all my songs when I switch over the account to mine? My apps won't be affected will they? I'm such an ipod noob.

No you are going to lose everything, it will be like it was when you just got it. This is done to prevent people from sharing paid apps from itunes. What you can do is to set up itunes home sharing so that if both comps are on the same network you can share music between the two accounts. Let me know if have any other questions I am always willing to help when I can.
    01-09-10 08:48 PM
    I think I'll be ok on the apps because I was using it primarily as a toy to play games on when it was slow at work, so I had downloaded and purchased ALL my apps before I ever even connected it to itunes. It always had my email address at that time. It wasn't until recently that I connected it to itunes and put music on, and apparently the default email changed. In this case, I should be good on all my apps right, so they were all purchased on my account and not the gf's?

01-09-10 11:21 PM
    Just go to settings and then App Store and log out of the current account. Then log in with your account. Case closed.
    01-09-10 11:29 PM
    Nice, thanks for the tip.

01-10-10 12:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD