SO i just switched to a 16 GB 3G S 2 days ago, ive noticed after i have it on the charger and it is at 100% for a while, when i remove it, i can be using it only a few minutes and ive noticed it already go down to 95% maybe even 92.

Is there any known issue with the battery? Ive always had Blackberrys so this is my first jump into the Iphone realm. Any info would be appreciated.
    08-15-09 10:03 AM
    It shouldn't be doing that after a few minutes. What kind of use did this? You may want to try a restore and if that does not work I would get a replacement. You might have a defective battery.
    08-15-09 10:34 AM
    Do you have push in the background and it really depends on what apps you use. Safari uses more battery than SMS does.
    08-15-09 11:16 AM
    I actually have push shut off, i rarely use safari, it charged overnight and i just took it off the charger alittle while ago. I checked two or three things and then pushed the button to shut the screen off, and its at 95% already, after maybe 3-4 minutes of use.

Its definitely not from being used for extended amounts of time.
    08-15-09 01:35 PM
    im having the same problem
    08-15-09 02:15 PM
    weird, turn push off and let it ride. They def dont have endurance batteries, but mine lasts pretty well and i use it constantly. Wifi and searching for 3G signal drains it a little faster, as well as screen brightness, and how often you check for email. Im on the browser a good deal during the day and dont have any problems with battery life.. so im happy. just diasble that push!!
    08-15-09 02:29 PM
    If you just got it you have a 30 day return/ exchange policy. Just go to the apple store. Make sure to schedule an appointment ahead of time.
    08-16-09 08:29 AM
    That shouldn't be happening period. I use push notifications, push email and fetch. My device has been in use since 5:30 am EST and I have used the browser, sent/ recieved a few texts and updated a few apps and I'm sitting at 93% battery. Return the device for a new one.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-16-09 09:59 AM
    Yeah, thats what im leaning towards doing. Instead of heading to the Apple store, being that ive only had it 4 days, i can just go to the ATT corporate store i purchased it from, correct?
    08-16-09 03:43 PM
    I have noticed the same thing, the battery life is short. I just bought the 16 also 2 weeks ago and when it is taken off the charger at 100 percent in a few minutes and that is without calls, text wifi or emails it will be around 95 and dropping.
    08-18-09 02:39 PM
    Update...ive been busy with work so i have not been able to get to the store sooner than id have liked. The store i purchased from which WAS a corporate store, tells me this bull**** line "nope you cant return it here even though youre within your 30 days, take it to apple" And when i asked for a little clarification being that nowhere on the receipt does it say that on the return/exchange policy.

The woman proceeds to get an attitude with me. If I didnt have 4 lines x $175 to cancel, id leave for Verizon in a second. If only money was not an issue.
    08-18-09 03:37 PM
    no need to get antsy, its apples contract with at&t where they have control over the iphone warranty and repair, at&t have to send you to the apple store. Simply make an appointment with the genius bar and they will fix your problem onsite.
    08-18-09 03:50 PM
    Update...ive been busy with work so i have not been able to get to the store sooner than id have liked. The store i purchased from which WAS a corporate store, tells me this bull**** line "nope you cant return it here even though youre within your 30 days, take it to apple" And when i asked for a little clarification being that nowhere on the receipt does it say that on the return/exchange policy.

The woman proceeds to get an attitude with me. If I didnt have 4 lines x $175 to cancel, id leave for Verizon in a second. If only money was not an issue.
    Not to be too much of an a**... But if money is an issue, why do you own and use one of the most expensive phones (both initially and on a monthly basis) on the market?
    08-18-09 04:02 PM

Go to the Apple Store. It is their phone, AT&T wont help you.
    08-18-09 04:25 PM
    Not to be too much of an a**... But if money is an issue, why do you own and use one of the most expensive phones (both initially and on a monthly basis) on the market?
    Hm, well lets see. I didnt say im poor, but i also dont see paying $175 per line to cancel as something id enjoy doing. So yeah if i had millions in the bank and had no worries, it would be a bit different. I didnt know i had to justify myself.

Anyway. I just got back from the Apple store, it was a pleasant and quick experience, better than any in store ATT experience ive had.
    08-18-09 06:06 PM
    Anyway. I just got back from the Apple store, it was a pleasant and quick experience, better than any in store ATT experience ive had.
    Apple has the best CS. They are extremely helpful and know exactly what to do. I'm guessing they gave you a new device? Good luck with it if they did, you shouldn't be experiencing these battery issues.
    Last edited by avt123; 08-18-09 at 08:18 PM.
    08-18-09 06:36 PM
    Apple has great CS. I just deal with them now and not At&t. So what was the outcome at Apple?
    08-18-09 06:37 PM
    The guy hooked it up to the computer there and showed me my standby time, and compared it to his and did some other stuff to it, and came to the outcome that there was indeed an issue with my battery and replaced it on the spot. Once again, it was a very pleasant and quick visit.
    08-18-09 06:52 PM
    Cool let us know how everything goes. Give it a few days to test out.
    08-18-09 08:19 PM
    The replaced mine also. they made some settings changes and I came back the next day with the same issue and then they replaced the phone.
    08-19-09 03:36 PM
    watch out for the unintended push
    08-23-09 04:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD