Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default IRS launches iPhone, Android apps for taxpayers

Not gonna post this in the news rumors section (above) because they gonna call me a "troll" , who dared to hurt the RIM God, who should be worshiped 24/7

Everyone's favorite government agency, the Internal Revenue Service, has launched its own mobile application.

Released last week to iPhone and Android users, the free IRS2Go provides a few tidbits of information that could make April 15 a bit less stressful.

Those of us fortunate enough to qualify for a refund can find out exactly when Uncle Sam will be sending out that check. Entering your Social Security number (which the IRS says is masked and encrypted), filing status, and expected refund amount delivers the due date for your payment.
    IRS launches iPhone, Android apps for taxpayers | iPhone Atlas - CNET Reviews

Global Posts
    32,145 Global Posts
    PIN
    By request.

So you're posting news related to other platforms; nothing wrong with that. Posting news tidbits doesn't make one a troll, inane battles takes care of that nicely. But last thing I want on any device is anything from our friends in government. Especially an organization that can't follow it's own filing rules. (Yes, I have a beef with them.) But good news for Some folks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry User

I did a search on this issue as this was brought up in another forum. So even the IRS isn't fond of creating an app for the BB? That's not a good sign.
    CrackBerry User

April is nearing, and tax season is in full swing. The Internal Revenue Service has re-launched its beneficial IRS2Go app with some updates. The recently revamped app contains transcripts, a news feed and video assistance. Resource for this article: Newly updated IRS2Go app for tax prep time. This new smart phone app reflects our commitment to modernizing the agency and engaging taxpayers where they want when they want it, said IRS Commissioner Doug Shulman. As technology evolves and younger taxpayers get their information in new ways, we will keep innovating to make it easy for all taxpayers to access helpful information.