I was out at the local store to day and I gave the Ipod touch a try
    after being a past iphone 3GS user. It is the worst, cheapest most
    rickety product on the market.

the home button sounds like its gona break its so cheaply made
    the load time for a simple app is 50% slower

load time on anything is un-acceptable

as far as the i- everything is concerned the Iphone 3GS is as
    good as it gets. Don't get an Ipod I repeat, do not get an ipod
    you will feel like you got ripped off at the quality!

Get Iphone 3GS if your looking for an apple media device
    hands down.
    09-21-09 09:40 PM
    Used both, both worked fine, except the fact that I hate Apple...
    09-21-09 11:14 PM
    lol heheheh
    09-21-09 11:27 PM
    you are comparing apples and oranges. no one is going to get an iphone to just use as an ipod
    09-22-09 04:44 PM
    Used both, both worked fine, except the fact that I hate Apple...
    I agree. I've used them both,and don't see what he's talking about,but I'll take him at his word.

I don't hate Apple,but I do hate Apple fanbois.
    09-24-09 01:11 AM
    you are comparing apples and oranges. no one is going to get an iphone to just use as an ipod
    I almost did... You get a camera and all the same features for around the same price as a touch... settled on a touch though
    I agree. I've used them both,and don't see what he's talking about,but I'll take him at his word.

I don't hate Apple,but I do hate Apple fanbois.
    Yeah, I guess that's the thing... and I just generally dislike their products...with all their products, there is something I prefer to it...
    iTouch - Zune
    iPod - Zune
    iPhone - Storm (with an upgraded OS and Screen fix... both are free...)
    Mac Book - Lenovo IdeaPad series (namely, my Y550)

Nothing they have is anything I've ever loved.. and I've owned or used a lot of their products.
    09-24-09 10:44 PM
    From my own experience, the op's post is inaccurate. I picked up a 3rd gen 32gb Touch yesterday and it is noticably faster than the prior 1st and 2nd gen models that I previously owned. It seemed just as fast as the 3GS and even some of my games loaded faster than the same exact game on my friend's 3GS.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-26-09 12:02 AM
    the new ipod touch has a faster processor than the first and second gen ipod touch, and it has the same processor (with a newer model number though) than the 3gs
    09-26-09 01:42 AM
    yeh dunno what OP is talking about but the new ipod touch has the same internals as the 3GS basically so its impossible its any slower.
    09-26-09 11:56 AM
    I can imagine it being a LITTLE slower, but not so slow you would complain or anything. My Touch was pretty snappy, and it was a 2g... I can only imagine that a 3g Touch or 3GS Phone would be quicker.
    09-26-09 02:46 PM
    I have used the new iPod touch, and I don't find it to be cheap at all. It is also definitely NOT slower.
    09-26-09 04:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD