Me and my wife got my son an iPod touch for Christmas. I'm just wondering if you can use pretty much all the apps in the app store that you can for the iPhone. Except for being able to use it as a phone of course. Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-30-09 04:49 PM
    Yes, for the most part.

Some are limited to 3.0 though.
    11-30-09 05:02 PM
    A select few games use the microphone which the ipod touch doesn't have, but you can always get the headphones with mic.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-02-09 11:28 PM
    you can get 3.0 for the touch - i have it
    12-08-09 01:01 AM
    I have another question along the same lines. I have a new 9700, which I love and won't give up, but my daughter has the iphone. She can speak a word or phrase into her phone and it does a google search for her. The other day we were out shopping for blenders, and she said "Magic Bullet" into her phone and it pulled up a search. So... question is, if I get the ipod touch 3rd generation to complement my 9700, will I be able to do that google search thing? And, can I do it on the 8G, or do I need the 32, or 64G in order to do it? Can I do it at all on any of those?
    12-31-09 01:12 AM
    like tghockey stated there is no microphone so how can you speak into it? unless you buy the accessory, then you would have to be connected to the internet to actually have google search the terms for you. Unless you are connected to some Wifi you won't be able to do the search and it doesnt matter on the size of the iphone. 8g 32g or 64g is the storage capacity.
    12-31-09 10:46 AM
    I have another question along the same lines. I have a new 9700, which I love and won't give up, but my daughter has the iphone. She can speak a word or phrase into her phone and it does a google search for her. The other day we were out shopping for blenders, and she said "Magic Bullet" into her phone and it pulled up a search. So... question is, if I get the ipod touch 3rd generation to complement my 9700, will I be able to do that google search thing? And, can I do it on the 8G, or do I need the 32, or 64G in order to do it? Can I do it at all on any of those?
    Download Vlingo to your BlackBerry and you will be able to do the voice search.
    12-31-09 07:06 PM
    And so far so good. I also went and got the 8G 3rd gen ipod touch. So I'm good! I might buy the mic accessory, I don't know. We'll see how it goes. Today I was kind of wishing I could just send a voice command to tell the ipod which music to play - but not enough to pay an extra $100.
    12-31-09 11:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD