Please help!

I have an iPhone 3gs and ive almost had it for one yr. everything has been great. just last night i opened the ipod app on my phone because i had downloaded a new song and my phone froze. so i turned it on/off. then i went to open the ipod app again. it opened but closed 2 secs later. i cant get it to stay open. i cant get my iphone to play a song. does anyone know how to fix this? all of my other apps are fine and the phone is working fine as well. i cant figure this out. oh! and i also recently updated to the new firmware 4.0 and i have a feeling this may be part of the problem.
    07-10-10 05:13 PM
    I don't think that it has anything to do with IOS 4. Have you tried syncing the phone since you have had the issue?
    07-10-10 05:23 PM
    i just did it! and its fixed! thanks so much. can you explain what syncing does?
    07-10-10 05:27 PM
    Syncing is how you manage just about everything on the iPhone. Back up Music Contacts, apps and the like. Often if something like what happend to you happens a sync will take care of the issue. Not sure how or why it works I just know that it does.
    07-10-10 09:11 PM
    We have the same problem with our 3G. Any time the phone is rebooted (or reboots itself), none of the apps work...they all open and close right away like you describe. We then have to re-sync it with iTunes and then it is fine again until the next reboot or whatever. It's VERY annoying and time consuming. I have no idea why it does that, but we haven't been able to find an actual fix for it. Just hoping it lasts until the end of the year...lol!
    07-11-10 01:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD