I'm still using a Storm2, but getting ready to switch to the iPhone4 (new job, new company, new phone plan).

Can anyone tell me if the phone has something similar to the BB bedside mode and if it has easily changeable sound profiles?

Does it recognize being in a holster and switching automatically to vibrate only?

Any help would be great.
    07-01-11 09:28 AM
    No
    No
    No
    And No

You have a vibrate only switch on the phone. But if you Jailbreak it well thats a different story.
    07-01-11 10:01 AM
    Sorry, but the iPhone is a content delivery device to Apple's iTunes Store / iPod first and everything else secondarily. Personalization only goes as far as what Jobs wants you to have, while business and general user functionality is 'lacking' at best. There's rumours that the next iOS will enable a whole raft of things making it more useful, but if it wasn't for the hard work and creativity of 3rd Party developers (and the 'whining' of its users), the iPhone would be a pretty rudimentary device indeed.

Still not a good 'business' device.
    07-02-11 07:15 AM
    What does profiles and bedside mode have to do with business? my phone works fine in my enterprise.

Exchange Sync CHECK
    Calandering CHECK
    VPN Check
    RDP CHECK
    07-02-11 11:09 AM
    What does profiles and bedside mode have to do with business?
    I travel extensively for business and love the customizable bedside mode with the BB dock. I also use custom profiles for different customers.

PS I find the LED light indispensable for business too.
    Last edited by RetroAndreas; 07-04-11 at 07:51 PM.
    07-04-11 07:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD