One of my last deciding factors before I switch over to iPhone4 from BB:

It's very important for me that my contacts (hundreds) and calendar from Outlook (currently 2007) sync flawlessly with my phone. Works great with my BB.

Searched forums and getting conflicting reviews. Can anyone tell me - from personal experience - how well does the iPhone4 sync with Outlook for contacts and calendar?? I'm not even interested in OTA sync. Happy to connect to computer and let iTunes handle the sync.

Thanks
    08-17-10 10:16 AM
    One of my last deciding factors before I switch over to iPhone4 from BB:

It's very important for me that my contacts (hundreds) and calendar from Outlook (currently 2007) sync flawlessly with my phone. Works great with my BB.

Searched forums and getting conflicting reviews. Can anyone tell me - from personal experience - how well does the iPhone4 sync with Outlook for contacts and calendar?? I'm not even interested in OTA sync. Happy to connect to computer and let iTunes handle the sync.

Thanks
    It works well and is very easy. When you hook the iPhone up to the computer and open iTunes syncing information is easy. On the "information" tab it will ask you what contacts you want to sync (e.g. Outlook, Google, etc...). Same thing for calendars. Once you do that one time it will always sync everytime you sync with itunes unless you change the option. And if you use MobileMe it will sync everything OTA.
    08-17-10 10:58 AM
    It works well and is very easy. When you hook the iPhone up to the computer and open iTunes syncing information is easy. On the "information" tab it will ask you what contacts you want to sync (e.g. Outlook, Google, etc...). Same thing for calendars. Once you do that one time it will always sync everytime you sync with itunes unless you change the option. And if you use MobileMe it will sync everything OTA.
    Thanks Scorpio . . if you don't mind, a couple more questions:

Syncing thru iTunes: does it sync "all" outlook contact fields information to the iPhone (contact pictures, birthdays, anniversaries etc...).

How well does OTA syncing thru MobileMe work? Is it pretty accurate with sync info?

Thanks
    08-17-10 11:08 AM
    Thanks Scorpio . . if you don't mind, a couple more questions:

Syncing thru iTunes: does it sync "all" outlook contact fields information to the iPhone (contact pictures, birthdays, anniversaries etc...).

How well does OTA syncing thru MobileMe work? Is it pretty accurate with sync info?

Thanks
    It does pictures and birthdays sync but it there isn't a specific field on the iPhone named anniversaries but there is a field called "date" and "notes" where I believe that type of info syncs.
    08-17-10 11:23 AM
    It does pictures and birthdays sync but it there isn't a specific field on the iPhone named anniversaries but there is a field called "date" and "notes" where I believe that type of info syncs.
    Thanks for the quick response. Now I sit and hope that Verizon gets the iPhone!
    08-17-10 11:27 AM
    For all the knocks iTunes gets, it is by far the most stable and easiest software to use for a smartphone. It takes a lot for me to say that too, because I hate iTunes.
    08-17-10 11:30 AM

Thanks
    MobileMe is awesome, it's 100% accurate and syncs OTA in seconds.
    08-17-10 03:10 PM
    MobileMe is awesome, it's 100% accurate and syncs OTA in seconds.
    ... and it will "2-way sync" Outlook Contacts and Calendar?
    08-17-10 04:19 PM
    For all the knocks iTunes gets, it is by far the most stable and easiest software to use for a smartphone. It takes a lot for me to say that too, because I hate iTunes.
    Great observation and well said. It is easy to use, but like you said, most loathe it.
    Last edited by pilsbury; 08-17-10 at 04:29 PM.
    08-17-10 04:26 PM
    it works very well. Syncs just as well as my 9700.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-17-10 10:16 PM
    ... and it will "2-way sync" Outlook Contacts and Calendar?
    Yes. dlfsdfkjs because my message is too short, yes .. yes..
    08-17-10 10:27 PM
    Not interested in physical connections or using iTunes with a work PC, does the iphone sync using wifi or BT with outlook?
    08-18-10 06:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD