thats what i heard
    06-24-10 09:10 PM
    I got this issue and only happens when holding the lower left side area - where the separation is. Although I do lose bars, I was on a 15 minute convo holding that area with 1 or 2 bars and did not notice a decrease in voice quality and did not drop call.

In Walt Mossberg's review, he also noticed this and was told by Apple that it's a software issue where the signal bars are just not displaying correctly but still functions no problem. Written in last section of review:

Review: Apple iPhone 4 | Walt Mossberg | Personal Technology | AllThingsD
    06-24-10 09:33 PM
    I got this issue and only happens when holding the lower left side area - where the separation is. Although I do lose bars, I was on a 15 minute convo holding that area with 1 or 2 bars and did not notice a decrease in voice quality and did not drop call.

In Walt Mossberg's review, he also noticed this and was told by Apple that it's a software issue where the signal bars are just not displaying correctly but still functions no problem. Written in last section of review:

Review: Apple iPhone 4 | Walt Mossberg | Personal Technology | AllThingsD
    Testing is still being done:

Apple acknowledges antenna issue in iPhone 4 | Circuit Breaker - CNET News
    06-24-10 09:36 PM
    lol now Mr. Jobs is telling us how to hold our phones

Apple is finished
    06-24-10 09:39 PM
    "The Iphone Grip of Death"

RIM is having the best time of their lives LOLing right now
    06-24-10 09:42 PM
    Apple is finished
    Far from it. The fan base will remain for sure.
    06-24-10 09:43 PM
    I must say, my first visit to the iphone section of CB has been well worth it.

After wading through countless "BB sux Apple Rulz" threads in the BB sections the past few weeks (with pages and pages of Apple fanboys spouting the same arguments answered by the BB fanboys crying that the Apple fanboys shouldn't be post there), its quite fun to see the situation reversed and the Apple fanboys crying that the BB fanboys shouldn't post here.

I guess I amuse easily.
    06-24-10 10:16 PM

After wading through countless "BB sux Apple Rulz" threads in the BB sections the past few weeks (with pages and pages of Apple fanboys spouting the same arguments answered by the BB fanboys crying that the Apple fanboys shouldn't be post there), its quite fun to see the situation reversed and the Apple fanboys crying that the BB fanboys shouldn't post here.

I guess I amuse easily.
    I amuse easily as well. Jergens and tissues man, that's all it takes.
    06-24-10 10:26 PM
    Apple should make the iphone 4 free with contract

I could care less if it couldnt make calls if it was free or $400 w no contract
    06-24-10 10:26 PM

I guess I amuse easily.
    Another thing...people have made references to the infamous "Janky battery door" issue with the 9000...I had one, with the janky battery door. No comparison to this issue. When I needed to make a call, I could...even if the battery door fell off. It did fall off a couple of times.

A phone needs to be able to make calls, when calls need to be made. That's the primary and most important function of a....phone, isn't it? All the other "bells and whistles" are simply...great extras. I don't care about "retina display", "front and back cameras", etc., in the big picture. I don't text all day, either.

So the "no big deal" response is....interesting, to say the least. Apple should have figured this one out, long before those phones ever shipped out. The design of the phone should have been revamped, to completely eliminate signal distortion with certain hand positions. No excuse for that.

These phone wars are silly...and it really makes you wonder. Right is right, and wrong is wrong...always, 24/7. When a company is wrong, it doesn't matter if it's Apple or RIM. So, you never defend wrongness, because you don't "like" the other side. Apple doesn't pay me royalties, and neither does RIM. I'm sure I'm not the only one with that claim. So....folks need to chill.
    06-24-10 10:29 PM
    I was into smart phones from the beginning but stepped out a few years and am still using an ancient one(that is another story). I've never owned an iphone or a blackberry but will own one of them this fall. I'm here to learn about both.

This site was recommended to me by a wise friend. I'm sure this really is a good site with good posters, but wow i'm embarrassed for both the negative BB and iphoners here, and here in volume. peeps...keep it constructive! and forum mods should knock out these threads and ban IP's of those who aren't.

got to love it when a newbie makes orders seriously though.
    06-24-10 11:00 PM
    "The Iphone Grip of Death"

RIM is having the best time of their lives LOLing right now

I think its more Apple laughing to the bank while RIM has to do BOGO or give phones away to sell them.

Whens the last time RIM sold 600,000 of a phone model in a period of time in the US, let alone all preorders!
    06-24-10 11:21 PM
    Fair enough. My 9700 holds steady at 128. I have no leaks and it is fast. But the main thing is, like you said, we found something we like and competition is always good.
    Btw... no phone stays steady unless you're not
    using it.

On BlackBerry devices, I can tell you it's not
    even close to possible.

The amount of leakage may vary... maybe you
    have a very light one, but I've been dealing
    with BBs for so long and all that is being done
    is more memory being added.
    06-24-10 11:24 PM
    Just read this thread and it is actually
    getting out of hand.

Closed.