View Poll Results: Stay with ATT?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • ATT

8 50.00%
  • Other Carriers

8 50.00%
    With the Iphone being released on other carriers how do you see this effecting ATT? Will you still use ATT, and it is my guess. That if they do a multi-carrier release that Apple will warm up to the idea of not only selling the Iphone in the apple stores, but! As well as the respected carrier's as well. Thoughts?
    05-28-09 10:57 AM
    With the Iphone being released on other carriers how do you see this effecting ATT? Will you still use ATT, and it is my guess. That if they do a multi-carrier release that Apple will warm up to the idea of not only selling the Iphone in the apple stores, but! As well as the respected carrier's as well. Thoughts?
    For me i'll probably stick with AT&T. VZW is the only other carrier I like. Sprint and TMO are not under any consideration. In my area, I don't have a noticeable difference in voice and data coverage compared to VZW. So based on this I most likely would stay with AT&T because of the ability to get unlocked GSM phones and AT&T doesn't cripple their devices like VZW and I prefer their device selection over VZW. With cost and coverage the same, the difference to me is devices.
    05-28-09 11:08 AM
    For me i'll probably stick with AT&T. VZW is the only other carrier I like. Sprint and TMO are not under any consideration. In my area, I don't have a noticeable difference in voice and data coverage compared to VZW. So based on this I most likely would stay with AT&T because of the ability to get unlocked GSM phones and AT&T doesn't cripple their devices like VZW and I prefer their device selection over VZW. With cost and coverage the same, the difference to me is devices.
    Couldnt agree more
    05-29-09 10:28 PM
    The storm was my first PDA, perhaps you could enlighten me. How does verizon cripple their devices? Sorry if this is a basic question.
    05-29-09 11:18 PM
    i dont know the extent to which verizon disables some of the features, but i know specifically they have disabled some BB's (and other phones') wifi capabilities.. some people absolutely require wifi use on their phones, so this is a major crux for big red. i didnt think it was all that necessary personally and that this was no big deal when i had my BB storm, but now that i have an iPhone and can switch between 3G and wifi, it is an AMAzing feature that really improves your web browsing experience.. hope that helps.

:to the OP, i could have sworn that apple had a multi year, exclusive deal with AT&T?? so i wont believe that another carrier will get the iPhone, until i can actually buy it. besides im happy with AT&T anyways
    Last edited by jah1373; 05-30-09 at 09:03 AM.
    05-30-09 09:01 AM
    No its never a never, with the amount of money they are about to get paid. I doubt they are worried about a breach of contract.
    05-30-09 09:24 AM
    The cost is actually higher with Vzw. The base MSC is the same (900 mins for 59.99), but the Other Charges that Verizon tacts on are a lot more.

Also... I would stick with AT&T. I like the ease of changing my device by sim cards, not customer service or online. I like AT&T's phone selection. I like the UMTS for voice and data simultaneously (sound like a broken record). I get 50% off working for AT&T off the MSC (monthly service charge).
    05-30-09 01:59 PM
    I'd also stay with AT&T. They also are supposed to be getting a lot of phones I'm interested in and I love how easy it is to switch between all my phones.
    05-30-09 02:26 PM
    Coverage and customer service are my main thing, so I'd most likey upgrade my Storm to an iPhone, but I would keep my AT&T iPhone for now.

Voice and data at the same time are awesome, I never realized how much I would like to have that. Can't wait for LTE.
    05-31-09 02:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD