Hey everyone this is my first post on here... Im currently with sprint I got no problem with them or anything but I really want to get an Iphone and im thinking about buying one and using it with T-Mobile bc the plans are much cheaper! So my question is...

1. If you have a Iphone on T-mobile can you tell me how you like it and how the service?

2. I want to have the 3.0 software on iphone 3g... can I get that unlocked and used it on T-Mobile?
    06-18-09 01:17 PM
    Hey everyone this is my first post on here... Im currently with sprint I got no problem with them or anything but I really want to get an Iphone and im thinking about buying one and using it with T-Mobile bc the plans are much cheaper! So my question is...

1. If you have a Iphone on T-mobile can you tell me how you like it and how the service?

2. I want to have the 3.0 software on iphone 3g... can I get that unlocked and used it on T-Mobile?
    Question 1 - T-mobile service is like every other cellular provider, you have to try it where you use it to see if it works for you. Where I am means nothing as to how your service will be.

Question 2 - 3.0 is not jailbroken or unlocked at this time. Rumors have it that it will be soon (6-19-09). We shall see when it comes out. Until then, the iphone will not work on T-Mobile.
    Last edited by mpafr012; 06-18-09 at 01:40 PM.
    06-18-09 01:35 PM
    I see... Thank you...
    06-18-09 01:36 PM
    To use an iPhone on TMO's network you'll need a Jailbroken phone that is unlocked. You'll also need one of the Blackberry data plans for internet and email. There are two price points - $24.99 (unlimited data/web & 400 text) & $34.99 (unlimited everything).

Don't waste your money on the 3G version as it will not work on TMO's 3G network. The 2G works fine, I have 2 on a family account and they work great.
    06-18-09 08:03 PM
    The iphone 3g on 3.0 can be unlocked and jailbroken.
    you use redsn0w to jailbreak and ultrasn0w to unlock ive done this.
    07-09-09 10:03 PM
    The iphone 3g on 3.0 can be unlocked and jailbroken.
    you use redsn0w to jailbreak and ultrasn0w to unlock ive done this.
    im new to this jailbroken stuff, go easy on me. im trying the get the best value iphone for my other half with Tmobil (since its alot cheaper on plan)
    I got this 3gs which im trying to jailbreak, can someone lead me to the correct location to make this work.

and does anyone know if MMS wil work with Tmobil since its 3.0?

and hows the connection on Tmobil in LA
    07-10-09 07:19 PM
    So any tmobil. Users with iphone

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-10-09 08:48 PM
    Yes, I am on T-Mobile with the iPhone.
    MMS works fine. You should also go with the 19.99 T-Mobile total Internet plan.
    You can read how to unlock and get the applications needed to jailbreak and unlock your phone here: Dev-Team Blog

07-10-09 10:07 PM
    Some great tutorials at iClarified.com

Easy and painless and do them as a service for many of my clients here where I live,
    07-10-09 11:57 PM
    Yes, I am on T-Mobile with the iPhone.
    MMS works fine. You should also go with the 19.99 T-Mobile total Internet plan.
    You can read how to unlock and get the applications needed to jailbreak and unlock your phone here: Dev-Team Blog

now someone here mentioned to get the blackberry data plan? does it matter which plan i get? both are covered under 3G right ?
    07-11-09 02:22 AM
    a couple of jailbroken question, is there way to have video record on the 3g only and is there a way to type on landscape mode while texting.
    07-11-09 02:28 AM
    a couple of jailbroken question, is there way to have video record on the 3g only and is there a way to type on landscape mode while texting.
    Sorry posts appear a bit jumbled so I'm confused.

Could you clarify WHICH iPhone you have and what OS is it running?

2G, 3G, or 3GS -- They are not the same for jailbreaking/unlocking.
    07-11-09 08:53 AM
    You will not have 3G coverage on either, just EDGE.
    I came to the iPhone from years of a BlackBerry so I already had the BlackBerry data plan on my account and I could not connect to the Internet no matter what settings I tried. I finally gave in and called T-Mobile and they told me I needed the total Internet plan. She switched it and my phone started working almost instantly. So, if I were you I'd get the total Internet package.

As far as video recording. There are apps that allow you to do video recording on the 3G. For landscape typing you have to have OS 3.0 or higher.

07-11-09 10:01 AM
    Sorry posts appear a bit jumbled so I'm confused.

Could you clarify WHICH iPhone you have and what OS is it running?

2G, 3G, or 3GS -- They are not the same for jailbreaking/unlocking.
    well i bought a 3gs iphone for my wife and it appears to have 3.0 ver on it, I'm going to try to jailbreak it today or tomorrow once i read all of these pages and instructions on how to do it.

my other question was for the 3g jail-broken ver 3.0 as well, i know the 3g doesn't come with video record out of the box , is it possible for it to record video?

heres another question, since I'm going to use t-mobil as a carrier for the iphone, i read that i would only be getting the benefits of a 2g network even though i have a 3gs iphone.. is this true
    Last edited by konstantine21; 07-11-09 at 10:09 AM.
    07-11-09 10:06 AM
    I came to the iPhone from years of a BlackBerry so I already had the BlackBerry data plan on my account and I could not connect to the Internet no matter what settings I tried. I finally gave in and called T-Mobile and they told me I needed the total Internet plan. She switched it and my phone started working almost instantly. So, if I were you I'd get the total Internet package.

As far as video recording. There are apps that allow you to do video recording on the 3G. For landscape typing you have to have OS 3.0 or higher.

thanks Blitzed... i must a have posted a bit late after you did,,, thanks for clarifying it for me.
    07-11-09 10:11 AM

what type of iphone and ver do you have?
    this may be a silly question. A jail-broken iphone, will it have any problems with wifi for the 3g or 3gs?
    07-11-09 10:14 AM
    I have the 3G with 3.0.
    I have no problems with WiFi at all. On it right now.

07-11-09 10:18 AM
    I have the 3G with 3.0.
    I have no problems with WiFi at all. On it right now.

tight, was your avg Download speed in ATL with the iphone?
    07-11-09 10:21 AM
    On Edge 174 kbps download 72 Kbps upload.
    On WiFi 5322 Kbps download 2854 Kbps upload.

07-11-09 10:43 AM
    well i bought a 3gs iphone for my wife and it appears to have 3.0 ver on it, I'm going to try to jailbreak it today or tomorrow once i read all of these pages and instructions on how to do it.

my other question was for the 3g jail-broken ver 3.0 as well, i know the 3g doesn't come with video record out of the box , is it possible for it to record video?

heres another question, since I'm going to use t-mobil as a carrier for the iphone, i read that i would only be getting the benefits of a 2g network even though i have a 3gs iphone.. is this true
    iPhone will only get EDGE or 2g on T-Mobile, 3G on AT&T or Europe.
    07-11-09 11:22 AM
    what type of iphone and ver do you have?
    this may be a silly question. A jail-broken iphone, will it have any problems with wifi for the 3g or 3gs?

On AT&T no problems with WiFi or 3G service, on T-Mobile- No problems with WiFi, buy No 3G service.
    07-11-09 11:24 AM

To JAILBREAK your phone:

For a 3GS, download purplera1n. Choose the Windows or the Mac version depending on your platform.

Open iTunes, Connect your iPhone & run purplera1n

When purplera1n starts a window will appear that says 'Make it Rain'. Click it.

You'll see your phone go into recovery mode and iTunes will say it see's a phone in recovery mode.

Just click the 'Cancel' option to disregard the iTunes notice.

In a few minutes your iPhone will reboot and you'll see a new icon available on your home screen labeled 'Freeze'. Run 'Freeze' and then choose to install Cydia. Then reboot your phone.

Open Cydia and install all the updates it tells you to. Reboot. Open Cydia again and do a search for a package named 'Mobile Substrate'. Install this and then reboot. Your phone is now jailbroken.

To UNLOCK your phone:

Open Cydia and tap Manage at the bottom. Tap Sources, tap Edit, tap Add.

Enter repo666.ultrasn0w.com and tap done. Let it load the repository, then tap Done.

From the Sources menu you can now tap the ulstrasn0w repository and install the ultrasn0w package. Follow the onscreen instructions and your phone will be unlocked.

NOTE: If the SIM card you're using is for T-Mobile USA you need to disable 3G from the Settings menu before you Unlock your phone.

3G Jailbroken - Install Cycorder to enable video recording; it's under the Featured Packages of Cydia
    07-11-09 01:46 PM
    T-Mobile owns a (1700 Mhz and 2100 Mhz) UMTS/HSDPA Network.

The iPhone functions on UMTS/HSDPA (850, 1900, 2100 Mhz).

Most people see the 2100 Mhz as a match but it's not. T-Mobile networks are
    full duplex networks, meaning they needs to have both channels open at any time
    so information can flow both ways simultaneously. This places their uplink into
    the 1700 Mhz category and their downlink into the 2100 Mhz category. The iPhone
    needs both to function on 3G and since it doesn't support 1700 Mhz it won't work.

So while you can use an iPhone with T-Mobile you'll be stuck with 2G speeds.
    07-11-09 01:53 PM
    Thanks for the info jeli , I will be doing this later on

To JAILBREAK your phone:

For a 3GS, download purplera1n. Choose the Windows or the ?Mac version depending on your platform.

Open iTunes, Connect your iPhone & run purplera1n

When purplera1n starts a window will appear that says 'Make it Rain'. Click it.

You'll see your phone go into recovery mode and iTunes will say it see's a phone in recovery mode.

Just click the 'Cancel' option to disregard the iTunes notice.

In a few minutes your iPhone will reboot and you'll see a new icon available on your home screen labeled 'Freeze'. Run 'Freeze' and then choose to install Cydia. Then reboot your phone.

Open Cydia and install all the updates it tells you to. Reboot. Open Cydia again and do a search for a package named 'Mobile Substrate'. Install this and then reboot. Your phone is now jailbroken.

To UNLOCK your phone:

Open Cydia and tap Manage at the bottom. Tap Sources, tap Edit, tap Add.

Enter repo666.ultrasn0w.com and tap done. Let it load the repository, then tap Done.

From the Sources menu you can now tap the ulstrasn0w repository and install the ultrasn0w package. Follow the onscreen instructions and your phone will be unlocked.

NOTE: If the SIM card you're using is for T-Mobile USA you need to disable 3G from the Settings menu before you Unlock your phone.

3G Jailbroken - Install Cycorder to enable video recording; it's under the Featured Packages of Cydia
    07-11-09 05:11 PM
    getting a phone jail broken wont allow you to sync to the app store to download application from itunes, right?
    07-12-09 10:58 AM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD