Hi,
    I am on the verge of purchasing a smartphone out of my pocket (don't want a 3 year contract for Data, I am on month to month voice plan). It would be my 1st experience with smartphone and want a user friendly device with a better interface with WiFi to utilize for web browsing, mails, videos, music etc. Some of the bloggers on this forum suggested iPhone is better than Blackberry in this regard as it retains most of its features/Apps on WiFi w/o a data plan. While with Blackberry (Bold/Curve 8900), most of the apps won't work, although quite a bit would work.
    Request to knowledgeable people to give a helping hand in this matter. Thanks.
    Last edited by Bukhari; 07-31-09 at 01:16 PM.
    07-31-09 12:59 PM
    Depending on who you go through to get the iPhone, you'll have to sign up to a data plan. Ie ( apple, AT&T. ) but if you go through someone like bestbuy then you might be able to get away without a data plan. Assuming you have wireless Internet and an area with strong wifi the most of the features will work even better then on data. Like YouTube, the videos come in clearer then on 3g. Hope that helps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-31-09 01:59 PM
    Hi,
    I am on the verge of purchasing a smartphone out of my pocket (don't want a 3 year contract for Data, I am on month to month voice plan). It would be my 1st experience with smartphone and want a user friendly device with a better interface with WiFi to utilize for web browsing, mails, videos, music etc. Some of the bloggers on this forum suggested iPhone is better than Blackberry in this regard as it retains most of its features/Apps on WiFi w/o a data plan. While with Blackberry (Bold/Curve 8900), most of the apps won't work, although quite a bit would work.
    Request to knowledgeable people to give a helping hand in this matter. Thanks.
    Which carrier are you with? In my past experience and blackberry is almost useless without a data plan for what I needed it for. But that's just me. I do it's true that the iPhone retains most features without needed a data plan. I would be interesting to see what your carrier would do when it recognizes your SIM in a smartphone that they make everyone get a data plan for.
    07-31-09 02:05 PM
    I am with Rogers (Canada) and already completed my 3 years contract for voice plan. Now don't want to engage myself for another 3 years term, would buy the phone outright. I will keep my current voice plan and use wifi for the smartphone (iPhone/B.Berry, whichever gets the nod) as I have wireless connection at home and hotspots at my office area.
    07-31-09 07:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD