I recently dumped my blackberry for the iphone and feel like I almost had to take a semester of "iphone" to get current on all the jailbreak/unlock lingo and software. I managed to lower mine and my wives phone bills to $60 apiece and feel like I did good in the end. However there are a few features I miss, like 3G service on T-Mobile and just the fear of screwing up a device that apple obviously doesn't want us messing with. Then I spot the Nexus One. Does everything my iphone does, cost less, can use 3G on T-Mobile, great removable battery, trackball to get my old BB fix on, customization without fear, and larger touchscreen. I feel I may have made the wrong choice What do you guys think? Should I throw the iphones on ebay and try out the Nexus One? Have any of you thought about switching?

Last edited by harrison0550; 03-23-10 at 05:38 PM. Reason: spelling
    03-23-10 05:34 PM
    Having an iPhone is never abashed choice, but I do think that the Nexus One is slightly better.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-23-10 06:03 PM
    Having an iPhone is never abashed choice, but I do think that the Nexus One is slightly better.

What really has me thinking is I could throw these 2 untethered jailbroken and unlocked iphones on ebay right now and turn a pretty decent profit from these 2 iphones since the 3.1.3 update. Afraid if I wait until after the new jailbreak is released they wont be worth as much. Hahaha when will I ever be satisfied?! My wife is gonna kill me if I switch her phone again. Let the fight begin.
    03-23-10 06:39 PM
    Many people have been complaining about 3G problems with the Nexus One. I don't know if Google has fixed this problem, but you should read more about it.

I personally think the phone is awesome and would love to have one.
    03-23-10 07:30 PM
    I have both now and Nexus one is great. I still prefer my iPhone over Android right now. iPhone OS is still much easier and more seamless to use. Android is very easy as well just not easier than the iPhone IMO. Of course the Nexus has some better hardware specs but that's to be expected since it came out 6 months later. Also Android is a little too menu heavy for me. It's very snappy and fast. Still have some quirks like all other devices. I had media card problems where the one that came in wasn't recognize by the phone but I bought another and it worked. Go figure. I didn't like that very much and a search in the Nexus one forums showed that several people had that same issue. But all in all if there is any Android device to get, this is it. I'm still waiting for the Android OS to get better but it's def going in the right direction.

Another thing that makes it difficult for me to fully switch is iTunes. iTunes was used as my primary media player before I got an iPhone and now everything is fully integrated with it. I buy all my music through it and other stuff so it's much easier to manage stuff. Now sure I'm ready to go to something else because this is a key factor for me. I guess it's kinda like blackberry users that use BBM for all their communication so they are more reluctant to give up BB mostly because of BBM.
    Last edited by scorpiodsu; 03-23-10 at 08:18 PM.
    03-23-10 07:39 PM
    Typing on the N1 is more difficult, sometimes i think it's way more difficult sometimes i think it's not as difficult. Battery life is not as good as the iphone which says a lot compared to a berry.
    Overall the Iphone is the most comprehensive device out there, the n1 is more menu driven as Scorpiodsu said which i like but i am sure it will not go as well with iphone lovers.
    I also like how the android platform still feels underground and kinda exclusive, people keep asking me "is that a droid?" we'll see if this keeps being the case once VZ releases the phone with a subsidy.
    03-24-10 07:38 AM
    Battery life is not as good as the iphone which says a lot compared to a berry. I also like how the android platform still feels underground and kinda exclusive, people keep asking me "is that a droid?" we'll see if this keeps being the case once VZ releases the phone with a subsidy.
    I really thought the battery would be awesome since its the largest one in a smartphone currently. That is good to know thanks. I feel the same way, I love it when someone ask "how did you get your iphone's background and icons to look like that" I just say I'm special!

Another thing that makes it difficult for me to fully switch is iTunes. iTunes was used as my primary media player before I got an iPhone and now everything is fully integrated with it. I buy all my music through it and other stuff so it's much easier to manage stuff. Now sure I'm ready to go to something else because this is a key factor for me. I guess it's kinda like blackberry users that use BBM for all their communication so they are more reluctant to give up BB mostly because of BBM.
    Agreed I really do like the media portion of my iphone and just recently got my entire library sorted out in itunes, good point.

I think I will stick with the iphone. It works the way I want it to and in the end that is all we really need from these things. Oh and to look cool while using it!
    03-25-10 09:40 AM
    The only thing I liked from my N1 over my iPhone, is its display.

I agree, typing is no were near as intuitive as it is on the iPhone.

Which is a major drawback, being that it has no other source for input besides its screen.
    03-25-10 09:56 AM
    I have owned both devices... I just recently got rid of my Nexus One and I'm back on my iPhone. The reason I got rid of it is because the multi-touch is really glitchy and also because the battery life sucked. My iPhone gets way better battery life I could go on for about 2 days without having to charge my iPhone, and the nexus needed charging every 4 hours it seemed like. Another thing is making modifications to the OS is pretty technical, it was just to difficult for me to understand I didn't want to end up with a paper weight... Other then that the Nexus one is a sweet device I wouldn't mind having on once the OS has been fixed. I'm on AT&T so 3g didn't work but the phone seemed like it was on 3g because of the 1gb processor... Very snappy, not much lag while I was using the device. I'm waiting for the HTC desire that's suppose to be coming to AT&T, which is also suppose to have the same snapdragon processor. Overall I think that anroid device are very fun to use because it gives you more freedom to mod your phone. Unfortunatly, if you unlock a device that's not intended for your carrier we tend not to get all of it's full potential...

03-25-10 10:12 AM
    I have owned both devices... I just recently got rid of my Nexus One and I'm back on my iPhone. The reason I got rid of it is because the multi-touch is really glitchy and also because the battery life sucked. My iPhone gets way better battery life I could go on for about 2 days without having to charge my iPhone, and the nexus needed charging every 4 hours it seemed like.

More like you had something wrong with your Nexus. There's no way the iPhone has more battery life than the Nexus. Not buying it.
    03-27-10 06:09 PM
    More like you had something wrong with your Nexus. There's no way the iPhone has more battery life than the Nexus. Not buying it.
    You should bet your bottom dollar on it. I've used BOTH this whole week and the iPhone comes out on top with battery life. In fact, I actually went a whole day w/o the sim card in the nexus one and it still lost more battery life while on wifi. I believe the display and the background apps were the main cause.
    03-27-10 07:27 PM
    If that N1 didn't have that silly trackball, I'd seriously consider giving it a try...

I'm sure T-Mobile would love me to re-open my account...
    03-27-10 07:31 PM
    If that N1 didn't have that silly trackball, I'd seriously consider giving it a try...

I'm sure T-Mobile would love me to re-open my account...
    Then I'll be seeing you with a Desire very soon I guess
    03-27-10 07:32 PM
    Duvi, you should do another test, but this time, reduce the brightness of the N1, and see if the battery life is any better...

You should bet your bottom dollar on it. I've used BOTH this whole week and the iPhone comes out on top with battery life. In fact, I actually went a whole day w/o the sim card in the nexus one and it still lost more battery life while on wifi. I believe the display and the background apps were the main cause.
    03-27-10 07:32 PM
    Duvi, you should do another test, but this time, reduce the brightness of the N1, and see if the battery life is any better...
    Can't. If I do, I'll return the phone. Lol.

It's too beautiful.
    03-27-10 08:48 PM
    The iPhone 3GS does have better battery life. The 3G doesn't though. And if I have to reduce the brightness of the N1 that takes away the only thing it has over the 3GS.... the display lol.
    03-27-10 09:04 PM
    Jbdale you could believe whatever you want to believe... I have read many review, post, and forums that have stated the same thing about the Nexus one. If you'd like do a google search to see how many come up and you'll see I'm not the only one that had that issue with battery life. What's funny is that my device was unlocked and running on 2g so 3g wouldn't even be the excuse for draining the battery... I also made sure to keep the brightness all the way down and wifi off. So this is all my personal experience... So I took it upon myself and did a google search to see if it was common issue and I found it was and that was the same thing for the the multi touch and the glitch issue. Anyway, like I said its a great device but just wasn't for me because of the battery life. But to each his own...

Last edited by CREYNA; 03-28-10 at 03:18 AM.
    03-28-10 03:13 AM
    But to each his own...

Exactly. But I see your point. Just based on my experiance with both the 3G and now 3GS. I seem to only get 4 or 5 hours of battery life. But to say or think I am the only one, is a bit of a stretch.
    03-28-10 08:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD