hmm i dont know. If Im home Ill take my laptop browsing over the iphone anyday even if Safari is pretty good, just the sheer screensize and typing like in forums on a real computer. When Im out Im out (working etc) and dont browse so I do little phone browsing.

I dont find phone browsing useful other than the 5 or 10 min you have to kill here and there.
    11-08-09 06:09 PM
    I don't have a laptop, so my iPhone serves as my "laptop." I am not browsing the web for hours upon hours, but definitely a substantial amount of time. And there are a bunch of websites that I can not access at work, ie, forums and yahoo email (I can access yahoo, but they block all internet email access), so it helps me pass some downtime or gives me something to do during lunch. I had a BB Pearl for about 2 1/2 years and browsed the web a lot on that little puppy. If I can handle browsing on that, I can handle browsing on any mobile device

Well, I am still torn, but plan on giving the 9700 a shot. What do I have to lose? Worse case scenario is that I return it within 30 days, get my moola back and fire up the iPhone.
    11-08-09 06:33 PM
    The iPhone is terribly over rated!
    11-11-09 01:58 AM
    I switched from the Storm 1to the iPhone 3gs and am EXTRMWLY happy with it. The only thing I really miss is the superior phone call log on the storm. There is NO app for that. Safari is great but the text is just so freaking small. I have to zoom and pan all over the screen just to read the posts here. Any one know how I can get around that. Is there an app for that or something?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-15-09 03:37 PM
    I don't doubt that I will return to blackberry one day. When they come out with something substantial enough for me to consider buying it. Their devices right now are sad to say; less then thriling. But I do miss bbm quite a bit, ping is alright, but in no way stacks up to the epicness of bbm. I don't miss the keyboard on my tour as much as I thought I would. I can still rant and rave over FML just as fast.

11-15-09 06:16 PM
    The iPhone is terribly over rated!
    It is number 1 in consumer reports. If anything it isn't overrated, it's overhyped.
    11-15-09 07:05 PM
    I received my 9700 yesterday. Used it all evening. Yah know what, not sure if it is a keeper.

First impressions...

-The trackpad is superb.
    -OS is nice, quick and snappy.
    -Nice form factor.
    -The camera is not bad, nice to have a flash.
    -The video recorder is nice.

Other than that, I am not that crazy about it. The device feels VERY small, although a nice form factor. The browser absolutely sucks!!! Build quality is decent, but not as good as I would of thought out of RIM's latest device. The iPhone is a tank compared to BB devices. I guess I will be sticking with my iPhone for now. Looks like the 9700 is going back or I will just sell it. All that for nothing. It was worth a shot. LOL!
    11-20-09 05:34 AM
    Grass is allllllways greener on the other side..
    11-20-09 08:03 AM
    You got that right!!!

Grass is allllllways greener on the other side..
    11-20-09 08:40 AM
    my smart phone that i ever has was the blackberry with nextel. It was the i7100 I believe. this was when I realized that i was a smart phone man. Just cause of the job and my crack addicition type of the interweb.

Times where tuff and went to a regular phone. since iPhone came out I said to myself this is the next best thing ever. for me personally I like the iPhone better because of the internet surfing which is what i need for work since my job is filling out forms online. Now why did i come back to blackberry? NO ONE and I am sure everyone here will agree that NO COMPANY OR PHONE can even come close to the speed of the BB mail service.

My job depends on how much work i can receive. I get the job request by email and its a first click first gets the job process. I was loosing soo much money with my iPhone cause the mail just fu*king sucks!! so i got a BB again just the 8520 cause really I didnt need much.

I love the iPhone but BB email service wins hands down. just my opinion. I have my sister on the other hand which will stab me if I say the iPhone is better in front of her. I guess it just depends on your use!
    11-22-09 06:41 PM
    I like blackberry so much that I am contemplating buying a 9000 just for my bb fix. I miss having the physical keyboard sometimes.

11-22-09 09:07 PM
    I still have thoughts of going back to BB. My wife has one and I find myself still wanting to use it. I don't type as fast on the BB, but I like pressing the keys every once in a while. I really didn't mind the BB browser, because I'm not a big web surfer anyway. If RIM could improve on the multimedia capabilities of the device (camera, video recording, media player, and apps) I would want to switch back. But it is more likely that the iphone will improve in its shortcomings faster and easier than BB.

11-23-09 01:10 AM
    im leaving ATT to go to verizon. i can't deal with the dropped calls.

i LOVE my iphone, dont get me wrong. i absolutely love it. but i can't trust it to make and receive calls...so i will be jumping back to BB soon...
    11-23-09 04:39 PM
63 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD