12-16-09 09:44 AM
    lol, the iphone is a really good device. In fact i was one of the ones that stood in line for like 3days when the original came out in '07. It appeals to women quite a bit i must say.
    I however really like my bberry and and my mom loves hers too, i got her to drop her iphone (well the one that used to be mine).
    Last edited by dcgore; 12-16-09 at 09:58 AM.
    12-16-09 09:55 AM
    Ummm why do you think we call ours, Crackberrys? Ever seen that funny video for the Blackberry Helmet?
    12-16-09 10:34 AM
    Haha, ok I gotta admit that made me chuckle. When I saw the post I thought you were trolling, but that was actually pretty good.
    Gotta agree with pkcable too haha, I defend my curve even though secretly I would love someont to buy me a 9700 or an essex when it comes out ... Lousy budgeting, why can't we just print our own money for luxuries like the US government?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-16-09 11:16 AM
    I'm sorry, but I have to disagree.

I don't think that article was good at all.

The article was no more than 3 paragraphs long.

Where are the Studies? Where are the References?

All I see are cheap, superficial comparisons to the Co$ and stockholms syndrome.

And I'm not an apple fanboy, I'm a whatsgood fanboy.
    12-16-09 11:26 AM
    That's a terrible article. No references at all? You gotta be kidding me.
    12-16-09 12:14 PM
    Even more HILARIOUS, is that the word "consultant" is a very general term.

And no where in the article, do they name, or cite what kind of consultants were used.

As far as we're concerned, they used Janitorial consultants.
    12-16-09 12:20 PM
    Oh wow, scratch that.

Wikipedia was used a source.

12-16-09 12:22 PM
    WOW, so much FUD there.

"Here are just two: it doesn't attract new business for operators, and it is not a technologically advanced mobile phone."

Funny because STUDIES say that the iphone IS winning business customers. I guess outlets like the NY Times http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/03/te....16676650.html and other surveys/studyies you can easily google MUST be lying right? Furthermore, in my own field over HALF of the most profitable law firms in the US have adopted the iphone iPhone J.D.: Over half of the most profitable law firms use iPhones, guess were not business users right?

Not technologically advanced? Puhhlease! Is it just a coincidence that right after the iphone you saw multiple OS's released to compete with the iphone's- Android, WebOS, etc.... When's the last time you saw an OS released or totally redone SOLELY to compete with ONE new OS to the market? And smartphone OS's are STILL compared to the iphone's over 2 years later because the iphone's was a game-changer in the industry.

"The consultants put it quite sweetly: "In reality, the iPhone is surrounded by a multitude of people, media, and companies that are happy to bend the truth to defend the product they have purchased from Apple.""

who's bending the truth to defend a product? Is it a shocker that the iphone has THE HIGHEST overall customer satisfaction of any mobile device on the market? No truth is being bent, people LIKE and are HAPPY with the phone overall. Thats fact from studies, not consultants or this no name writer.

These are all REAL studies, not some FUD written by some hack writer like this guy.
    Last edited by stuaw11; 12-16-09 at 01:11 PM.
    12-16-09 01:02 PM
    Don't forget though!

"iPhone users are Liars" too!
    12-16-09 01:08 PM
    I wonder why there are a stream of insults whenever a large mass of people seem to have a preference for something? To call millions of people around the globe delusional, liars, idiots, and so forth is elitist at best. Why do I have to be a delusional liar because I like the Iphone? Is it that difficult to believe that consumers understand that any smartphone will have shortcomings, but we embrace the device anyway. I don't think that I am personally misleading myself. I think that I am a rather informed consumer who understands that no device will be perfect.
    12-16-09 03:50 PM
    I wonder why there are a stream of insults whenever a large mass of people seem to have a preference for something? To call millions of people around the globe delusional, liars, idiots, and so forth is elitist at best. Why do I have to be a delusional liar because I like the Iphone? Is it that difficult to believe that consumers understand that any smartphone will have shortcomings, but we embrace the device anyway. I don't think that I am personally misleading myself. I think that I am a rather informed consumer who understands that no device will be perfect.
    and that's exactly why you're apparently delusional!

12-16-09 03:57 PM
    That article is terrible. These "consultants" need to take their foots out of their asses. This writer is also an *****. I see plenty of people who are fiends for their BlackBerrys. People always customizing them (colorware, cnn.cn, etc..). I know several people who have BBs and if they put their BB down on a table they are always looking to see if the LED blinks. ****, this site is called CRACKberry.

The iPhone is a good device that just works. No battery pulls (even though you can't it still wouldn't be needed), no memory leaks, and no worrying about having to wait for your carrier to actually push out a stable OS build. Betas aren't needed. Apps are cheaper and 10x better than every other platform. Syncing is effortless. Maybe these are the reasons people are attached.
    12-16-09 07:44 PM
    I must be delusional because I traded my Storm in for a Droid, then I gave up on both and jumped ship for the Iphone.

In all fairness, it is a fantastic phone. Much better than anything out there imo.
    12-17-09 05:32 PM
    I thought it was a stupid, pointless article.

Their big pronouncement Is basically what? That the iPhone isn't perfect?
    Well yeah, nothing is perfect. What's the next big announcement by these consultants? That Christmas is a week away?

Who paid for that study? They should ask for their money back.
    12-17-09 06:15 PM
    Who cares about this article and whatever phone someone chooses. Personally, I like BBs and thats why I'm on crackberry, if another person chooses the iPhone, well good for them. What are we all machines and have to go with just one phone or a certain company's phone?
    12-17-09 06:21 PM
    I thought it was a stupid, pointless article.

Their big pronouncement Is basically what? That the iPhone isn't perfect?
    Well yeah, nothing is perfect. What's the next big announcement by these consultants? That Christmas is a week away?

Who paid for that study? They should ask for their money back.
    You are delusional sir. You need to ask for your money back!

It really is stupid. That article was pointless to me.

Oh, merry Christmas yall!
    12-18-09 11:56 PM
    so what does that make crackberry users?? lol
    12-22-09 01:28 PM
    so what does that make crackberry users?? lol
    Buick driving senior citizens?
    12-22-09 01:30 PM
    I zen stone the droid! Ahhhh! I found that article hilarious...sense of humor welcome! I suspect those that zen stone their phones would take offence though!!!LOL! Just a phone, won't save you.
    12-22-09 08:56 PM
    I commend you for posting this in a place where you knew people would jump down your throat about it.

Very funny article though, and also has a ring of truth...as the people in this thread have proven.

All the problems with the phone are actually features you know!
    12-23-09 08:08 PM
    come on. Cnet? You really mean to quote a web site who swear by everything else but Apple to truly value the iPhone phenomenon? Seriously, I prefer my Bold than my wife's iPhone 3GS. That's why I chose a BB and bought a 3GS for her. That been said, technologically, nothing really comes close to iPhone today. Sure, Android is pretty good. But when we speak about mobile tech. We are also talking about the entire ecosystem. May be you can counter the argument with the superior processing power of Droid or any other HTC device but the global offer, especially on the software side, iPhone rules the market today uncontested.

12-24-09 08:36 AM
    come on. Cnet? You really mean to quote a web site who swear by everything else but Apple to truly value the iPhone phenomenon? Seriously, I prefer my Bold than my wife's iPhone 3GS. That's why I chose a BB and bought a 3GS for her. That been said, technologically, nothing really comes close to iPhone today. Sure, Android is pretty good. But when we speak about mobile tech. We are also talking about the entire ecosystem. May be you can counter the argument with the superior processing power of Droid or any other HTC device but the global offer, especially on the software side, iPhone rules the market today uncontested.

You're correct on exactly one thing here: iPhone rules the software side. The app store is 90% crap, but that remaining 10% is still way more than any other smartphone available.

Everything else on the iphone has been surpassed by other devices, but it has a huge user base, hence its continued success.
    12-24-09 02:41 PM
    i like my iphone, it doesnt make me delusional. ive had a blackberry bold, 9700, palm pre, palm pixi, sidekick 09, t-mobile g1, etc. and the iPhone 3GS is the best of all of them.

jailbreak it and it becomes a multitasking monster, loves it.
    12-24-09 03:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD