Ok so while I was getting my phone replaced i was watching the "genius" working on the iPod. And I learned this when you are typing an email and need to add the .com you do this type the email like this your name@yourdomain. after the period hold it down again and watch what happens.

Pretty nifty....feel free to add more folks we can only learn more by sharing......
    ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    11-22-11 05:09 PM
    Hey, I just tried it- that's pretty neat. nice share there AP
    11-22-11 05:24 PM
    little easier to type.....so folks bring em on............
    11-22-11 05:25 PM
    One that I learned yesterday that was posted at Tipb. The "shake to undo"

While your typing an email or text, shake your iPhone and a pop up will come up and you can tap on "undo typing" to clear it out quicker

Just don't send your iPhone flying or throw your wrist out
    Accidental Post likes this.
    11-22-11 05:27 PM
    Oh thats cool.......nice find.........
    11-22-11 05:29 PM
    Oh thats cool.......nice find.........
    *Elvis voice* well thank you, thank ya very much
    11-22-11 05:32 PM
    "Hey buddy, what are you doing there shaking your hand up and down like that..."

"Ah.. um.. I'm undoing my typing...?
    11-22-11 05:44 PM
    You peeps crack me up.

Try this out in Notes to see what you get. Go through the keyboard (alpha and numeric). Doing a tap and hold on some keys creates a pop-up balloon of more options. To select one of them, (still holding the key down) slide your finger over the row till the one you want is highlighted in blue, then release.
    11-23-11 05:09 AM
    Like adding the .com to an email address........
    11-23-11 05:15 AM
    Yeppers
    11-23-11 06:14 AM
    Ok so while I was getting my phone replaced i was watching the "genius" working on the iPod. And I learned this when you are typing an email and need to add the .com you do this type the email like this your name@yourdomain. after the period hold it down again and watch what happens.

Pretty nifty....feel free to add more folks we can only learn more by sharing......
    awesome. great find.

While your typing an email or text, shake your iPhone and a pop up will come up and you can tap on "undo typing" to clear it out quicker

cool feature. dont use it much though.
    11-23-11 08:18 AM

cool feature. dont use it much though.
    i dont use it at all. i'm afraid with my luck, when i shake to undo, i'll send my iphone flying and i dont want that to happen
    periwinklemoon likes this.
    11-23-11 08:28 AM

shaken iphone syndrome....
    11-24-11 06:59 AM
    Shake it after you delete the text and it gives you the option to put the text back.
    11-24-11 10:45 PM
    Ok I feel like a dork but after yourname@domain. what key do you press and hold to get the selection? If I press and hold the . I get a choice of a period or ellipses. I'm confused
    11-30-11 12:34 AM
    when you are filling out a line that needs your emil address. Don't feel like a dork unfortunately it's not universal across the phone. It seems to know when it is asking for n email. Also in Safari just type the domain name and it will fill in the rest. Like crack berry and hit go.
    11-30-11 05:19 AM
    wow, Lucky found this Thread, I am New Iphone user,
    Thanks for tips and trik.. very usefull..
    11-30-11 09:10 AM
    Found this today... While reading an email I had my thumb held in one spot for a few seconds and all of a sudden this monacle / magnifying glass appeared and highlighted a word. Then asked to define or copy. Hit define and it brings up a dictionary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    12-02-11 05:35 PM
    Found this today... While reading an email I had my thumb held in one spot for a few seconds and all of a sudden this monacle / magnifying glass appeared and highlighted a word. Then asked to define or copy. Hit define and it brings up a dictionary.

huh !! Neat trick. I'm gonna give that a try

Edit: that's a pretty neat feature!! Thx joe

Sent from iPinkks 4S using Tapatalk
    12-02-11 06:38 PM

awesome thanx. i learned something new today. totally helpful feature
    joe_fresh likes this.
    12-02-11 09:38 PM
    You've probably figured it out but if you slide the magnifier you can go back to a spot and correct a typo. I use this feature a lot.
    12-03-11 04:33 AM
    love that define tip
    12-03-11 07:29 PM
    You've probably figured it out but if you slide the magnifier you can go back to a spot and correct a typo. I use this feature a lot.
    +1, i use this one alot also !!
    12-03-11 08:00 PM
    I posted a thread about this a while ago, but now that more people have the iPhone 4S I'll say it again: kind of useless/fanboyish, but you can type the Apple logo. Here it is --
      
    Just copy this onto your iPhone and make it a shortcut by going to Settings > General > Keyboard > Shortcuts > click the "+" option at the top right. Now, take the copied Apple logo and make it a shortcut (use 'gg' it's probably the easiest). Now if you ever want to type the Apple logo just press gg and it'll change into the Apple logo. If you're on Windows the logo I posted won't show up, so get on this page with your iPhone.

ANOTHER cool thing: Settings > General > Keyboard > International Keyboards: Add the Japanese ten key one, it has A TON of cool emoticon type things that are really cool/funny/original that you'd never find on any other keyboard.
    12-03-11 08:14 PM
    I posted a thread about this a while ago, but now that more people have the iPhone 4S I'll say it again: kind of useless/fanboyish, but you can type the Apple logo. Here it is --
      
    Just copy this onto your iPhone and make it a shortcut by going to Settings > General > Keyboard > Shortcuts > click the "+" option at the top right. Now, take the copied Apple logo and make it a shortcut (use 'gg' it's probably the easiest). Now if you ever want to type the Apple logo just press gg and it'll change into the Apple logo. If you're on Windows the logo I posted won't show up, so get on this page with your iPhone.

ANOTHER cool thing: Settings > General > Keyboard > International Keyboards: Add the Japanese ten key one, it has A TON of cool emoticon type things that are really cool/funny/original that you'd never find on any other keyboard.
    From my iPhone browser I can't seem to be able to copy it...
    12-04-11 12:44 PM
65 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD