Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 65
Like Tree7Likes
  1. Accidental Post's Avatar
    Slayer of Misinformation

    Posts
    5,346 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,378 Global Posts
    PIN
    Smartphones are for Smart People
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Default iPhone Tips and Tricks

    Ok so while I was getting my phone replaced i was watching the "genius" working on the iPod. And I learned this when you are typing an email and need to add the .com you do this type the email like this your name@yourdomain. after the period hold it down again and watch what happens.

    Pretty nifty....feel free to add more folks we can only learn more by sharing......
    "Do you want to sell sugar water or do you want to change the world?"

    Steve Jobs to John Sculley the then CEO of Pepsi.

    Thanked by:
    ThePinkChameleon (11-22-2011) 
  2. ThePinkChameleon's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    5,667 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,472 Global Posts
    PIN
    k is my fave!
    #2  

    Default

    Hey, I just tried it- that's pretty neat. nice share there AP
    *life is just a beach, I'm just playin' in the sand....you know you at the top when only Heaven's right above it*
    iHeart my 4S
    8330>8530>9550>9650....and now iP4S
  3. Accidental Post's Avatar
    Slayer of Misinformation

    Posts
    5,346 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,378 Global Posts
    PIN
    Smartphones are for Smart People
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

    Default

    little easier to type.....so folks bring em on............
    "Do you want to sell sugar water or do you want to change the world?"

    Steve Jobs to John Sculley the then CEO of Pepsi.

  4. ThePinkChameleon's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    5,667 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,472 Global Posts
    PIN
    k is my fave!
    #4  

    Default

    One that I learned yesterday that was posted at Tipb. The "shake to undo"

    While your typing an email or text, shake your iPhone and a pop up will come up and you can tap on "undo typing" to clear it out quicker

    Just don't send your iPhone flying or throw your wrist out
    *life is just a beach, I'm just playin' in the sand....you know you at the top when only Heaven's right above it*
    iHeart my 4S
    8330>8530>9550>9650....and now iP4S
    Thanked by:
    Accidental Post (11-22-2011) 
  5. Accidental Post's Avatar
    Slayer of Misinformation

    Posts
    5,346 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,378 Global Posts
    PIN
    Smartphones are for Smart People
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

    Default

    Oh thats cool.......nice find.........
    "Do you want to sell sugar water or do you want to change the world?"

    Steve Jobs to John Sculley the then CEO of Pepsi.

  6. ThePinkChameleon's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    5,667 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,472 Global Posts
    PIN
    k is my fave!
    #6  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Accidental Post View Post
    Oh thats cool.......nice find.........
    *Elvis voice* well thank you, thank ya very much
    *life is just a beach, I'm just playin' in the sand....you know you at the top when only Heaven's right above it*
    iHeart my 4S
    8330>8530>9550>9650....and now iP4S
  7. Rockdog97's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,610 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,863 Global Posts
    #7  

    Default

    "Hey buddy, what are you doing there shaking your hand up and down like that..."

    "Ah.. um.. I'm undoing my typing...?
     @Rockdog97 
  8. periwinklemoon's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    674 Posts
    #8  

    Default

    You peeps crack me up.

    Try this out in Notes to see what you get. Go through the keyboard (alpha and numeric). Doing a tap and hold on some keys creates a pop-up balloon of more options. To select one of them, (still holding the key down) slide your finger over the row till the one you want is highlighted in blue, then release.
    Storm 1 → Curve 8330 → Tour → Bold 9650 → iPhone 4S
  9. Accidental Post's Avatar
    Slayer of Misinformation

    Posts
    5,346 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,378 Global Posts
    PIN
    Smartphones are for Smart People
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  

    Default

    Like adding the .com to an email address........
    "Do you want to sell sugar water or do you want to change the world?"

    Steve Jobs to John Sculley the then CEO of Pepsi.

  10. periwinklemoon's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    674 Posts
    #10  

    Default

    Yeppers
    Storm 1 → Curve 8330 → Tour → Bold 9650 → iPhone 4S
  11. sj-performance's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    898 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,382 Global Posts
    PIN
    not anymore....
    #11  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Accidental Post View Post
    Ok so while I was getting my phone replaced i was watching the "genius" working on the iPod. And I learned this when you are typing an email and need to add the .com you do this type the email like this your name@yourdomain. after the period hold it down again and watch what happens.

    Pretty nifty....feel free to add more folks we can only learn more by sharing......
    awesome. great find.

    Quote Originally Posted by iPinkk View Post
    One that I learned yesterday that was posted at Tipb. The "shake to undo"

    While your typing an email or text, shake your iPhone and a pop up will come up and you can tap on "undo typing" to clear it out quicker

    Just don't send your iPhone flying or throw your wrist out

    cool feature. dont use it much though.
    8330/8330M/9630/9650/9670/9930/iPhone4S*16GB*white/iPhone5*32GB*black@SPRINT"truly unlimited"
  12. ThePinkChameleon's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    5,667 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,472 Global Posts
    PIN
    k is my fave!
    #12  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sj-performance View Post



    cool feature. dont use it much though.
    i dont use it at all. i'm afraid with my luck, when i shake to undo, i'll send my iphone flying and i dont want that to happen
    *life is just a beach, I'm just playin' in the sand....you know you at the top when only Heaven's right above it*
    iHeart my 4S
    8330>8530>9550>9650....and now iP4S
    periwinklemoon likes this.
  13. joe_fresh's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    720 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,509 Global Posts
    #13  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by iPinkk View Post
    One that I learned yesterday that was posted at Tipb. The "shake to undo"

    While your typing an email or text, shake your iPhone and a pop up will come up and you can tap on "undo typing" to clear it out quicker

    Just don't send your iPhone flying or throw your wrist out
    shaken iphone syndrome....
  14. Engire's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,210 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,253 Global Posts
    #14  

    Default

    Shake it after you delete the text and it gives you the option to put the text back.
  15. Heifzilla's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    214 Posts
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    PIN
    K!
    #15  

    Default

    Ok I feel like a dork but after yourname@domain. what key do you press and hold to get the selection? If I press and hold the . I get a choice of a period or ellipses. I'm confused
    BB 9700 --> HTC EVO Shift --> Apple iPhone 4S
  16. Accidental Post's Avatar
    Slayer of Misinformation

    Posts
    5,346 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,378 Global Posts
    PIN
    Smartphones are for Smart People
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #16  

    Default

    when you are filling out a line that needs your emil address. Don't feel like a dork unfortunately it's not universal across the phone. It seems to know when it is asking for n email. Also in Safari just type the domain name and it will fill in the rest. Like crack berry and hit go.
    "Do you want to sell sugar water or do you want to change the world?"

    Steve Jobs to John Sculley the then CEO of Pepsi.

  17. Dinadivas's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    579 Posts
    Global Posts
    620 Global Posts
    PIN
    Pm for Detail
    #17  

    Default

    wow, Lucky found this Thread, I am New Iphone user,
    Thanks for tips and trik.. very usefull..

    ♥ Proud to be Part Of Crackberry and Tipb Forum ♥
    Looking for friends, @Instagram = Dienaldy_k

    Twitter: Dienaldy_K
    Liveprofile:LPBGOKFK
  18. joe_fresh's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    720 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,509 Global Posts
    #18  

    Default

    Found this today... While reading an email I had my thumb held in one spot for a few seconds and all of a sudden this monacle / magnifying glass appeared and highlighted a word. Then asked to define or copy. Hit define and it brings up a dictionary.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Blackberry Curve 8330 - Blackberry Storm 2 9550 - iPod Touch 4th gen - Apple Iphone 4 - Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX HD (me) Motorola RAZR HD (wife)
  19. ThePinkChameleon's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    5,667 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,472 Global Posts
    PIN
    k is my fave!
    #19  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by joe_fresh View Post
    Found this today... While reading an email I had my thumb held in one spot for a few seconds and all of a sudden this monacle / magnifying glass appeared and highlighted a word. Then asked to define or copy. Hit define and it brings up a dictionary.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    huh !! Neat trick. I'm gonna give that a try

    Edit: that's a pretty neat feature!! Thx joe



    Sent from iPinkks 4S using Tapatalk
    *life is just a beach, I'm just playin' in the sand....you know you at the top when only Heaven's right above it*
    iHeart my 4S
    8330>8530>9550>9650....and now iP4S
  20. sj-performance's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    898 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,382 Global Posts
    PIN
    not anymore....
    #20  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by joe_fresh View Post
    Found this today... While reading an email I had my thumb held in one spot for a few seconds and all of a sudden this monacle / magnifying glass appeared and highlighted a word. Then asked to define or copy. Hit define and it brings up a dictionary.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    awesome thanx. i learned something new today. totally helpful feature
    8330/8330M/9630/9650/9670/9930/iPhone4S*16GB*white/iPhone5*32GB*black@SPRINT"truly unlimited"
    joe_fresh likes this.
  21. periwinklemoon's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    674 Posts
    #21  

    Default

    You've probably figured it out but if you slide the magnifier you can go back to a spot and correct a typo. I use this feature a lot.
    Storm 1 → Curve 8330 → Tour → Bold 9650 → iPhone 4S
    Thanked by:
    sj-performance (12-03-2011) 
  22. candy84's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    551 Posts
    Global Posts
    735 Global Posts
    PIN
    not anymore!!!
    #22  

    Default

    love that define tip
  23. ThePinkChameleon's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    5,667 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,472 Global Posts
    PIN
    k is my fave!
    #23  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by periwinklemoon View Post
    You've probably figured it out but if you slide the magnifier you can go back to a spot and correct a typo. I use this feature a lot.
    +1, i use this one alot also !!
    *life is just a beach, I'm just playin' in the sand....you know you at the top when only Heaven's right above it*
    iHeart my 4S
    8330>8530>9550>9650....and now iP4S
  24. dalton4L's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    514 Posts
    #24  

    Default

    I posted a thread about this a while ago, but now that more people have the iPhone 4S I'll say it again: kind of useless/fanboyish, but you can type the Apple logo. Here it is --
      
    Just copy this onto your iPhone and make it a shortcut by going to Settings > General > Keyboard > Shortcuts > click the "+" option at the top right. Now, take the copied Apple logo and make it a shortcut (use 'gg' it's probably the easiest). Now if you ever want to type the Apple logo just press gg and it'll change into the Apple logo. If you're on Windows the logo I posted won't show up, so get on this page with your iPhone.

    ANOTHER cool thing: Settings > General > Keyboard > International Keyboards: Add the Japanese ten key one, it has A TON of cool emoticon type things that are really cool/funny/original that you'd never find on any other keyboard.
  25. sj-performance's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    898 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,382 Global Posts
    PIN
    not anymore....
    #25  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dalton4L View Post
    I posted a thread about this a while ago, but now that more people have the iPhone 4S I'll say it again: kind of useless/fanboyish, but you can type the Apple logo. Here it is --
      
    Just copy this onto your iPhone and make it a shortcut by going to Settings > General > Keyboard > Shortcuts > click the "+" option at the top right. Now, take the copied Apple logo and make it a shortcut (use 'gg' it's probably the easiest). Now if you ever want to type the Apple logo just press gg and it'll change into the Apple logo. If you're on Windows the logo I posted won't show up, so get on this page with your iPhone.

    ANOTHER cool thing: Settings > General > Keyboard > International Keyboards: Add the Japanese ten key one, it has A TON of cool emoticon type things that are really cool/funny/original that you'd never find on any other keyboard.
    From my iPhone browser I can't seem to be able to copy it...
    8330/8330M/9630/9650/9670/9930/iPhone4S*16GB*white/iPhone5*32GB*black@SPRINT"truly unlimited"
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions