I gotta tell you, after having the horrible luck with the storm and sendbacks this is one for the books. My 3gs had some dirt under the screen, didn't notice it until I put a screen protector on and had to take it off because i thought it was between the screen and the protector. Long story short, made an appointment with the genius bar for that day, guy took my phone and said come back in 20mins and we will replace the screen. 20mins later got the same phone back with a different screen, no cost and no waiting for days. All in all I'd say that was the best repair service I've ever had.
    07-20-09 08:29 AM
    Another reason why Apple is on top.
    07-20-09 08:31 AM
    Glad you got a replacement and serviced rather quickly.
    07-20-09 09:32 AM
    Apple is awesome when it comes to customer service and device repair/replacement. Glad you had a good experience.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-20-09 09:44 AM
    shame that I had to wipe my phone before going assuming it would be replaced but it all worked out in the end
    07-20-09 09:46 AM
    Is there any advantage buying from the Apple store as apposed to buy at the AT&T store? Any luck getting them to drop the 35 dollar sign up fee at the AT&T store?
    07-20-09 09:49 AM
    Is there any advantage buying from the Apple store as apposed to buy at the AT&T store? Any luck getting them to drop the 35 dollar sign up fee at the AT&T store?
    I bought mine from the AT&T store and my rep waved my activation fee.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-20-09 10:22 AM
    Apparently waiving the activation fee is a promotion they are doing right now, so if they don't waive it, you should probably raise an issue.

Normally though I think they would waive it if you asked them, especially if you told them you were canceling your service on another carrier.

I didn't go to a store, I just ordered over the phone. In my area, which is a major city, they did not even have any 16 gb models at all, so if you go to an ATT store, make sure they actually have the model you want in stock. Ordering over the phone was a pretty painless process. The phone shipped last Friday and is scheduled to arrive at my place sometime today, so it's pretty fast turnaround.
    07-20-09 10:59 AM
    i ordered my 3gs on preorder from apple on launch day and only paid 18 dollar activation. one reason i buy from apple not aTT is they usually will swap out for you easier so i have heard.

but yes apple tech and customer service can't be beat even on phone techs i was havign an issue with my 3g and the tech gave me his extension to call back after trying some fixes so he could see me through to the end of my problem. basically i couldn't get any of my radios to stay on and was not near a comp.

Apple is a great company and they take care of you but you certainly pay for it lol
    07-20-09 10:30 PM
    shouldnt apple be covering the warranty of the device irrespective of if its brought at ATT or apple store...so in that case wouldnt it be just a personal preference of where to buy than which one is better??
    07-21-09 11:48 AM
    shouldnt apple be covering the warranty of the device irrespective of if its brought at ATT or apple store...so in that case wouldnt it be just a personal preference of where to buy than which one is better??
    they will cover it but they are more likely to replace it if purchased through them otherwise i guess they want you to go through at&t store since they have their own supply of refurbs
    07-21-09 09:35 PM
    they will cover it but they are more likely to replace it if purchased through them otherwise i guess they want you to go through at&t store since they have their own supply of refurbs
    Interesting...I had to buy mine on att website to get that 35% bing cashback :-) Hope that doesnt comes back to haunt me....
    07-21-09 10:15 PM
    my phone died like a week after i got it for some reason or another. they went out back got a brand new phone and swapped it out for me in the matter of minutes
    07-22-09 12:18 PM
    too bad is that i have a BB, but i still want a iphone or ghone
    07-22-09 09:43 PM
    Interesting...I had to buy mine on att website to get that 35% bing cashback :-) Hope that doesnt comes back to haunt me....
    apple will def repair it for you but i have heard they are more likely to jsut do a swap if purchased by them plus they might send you to ATT first.
    07-22-09 11:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD