We all know Apple will have a new iPhone and a new OS released by mid year. Any ideas what the new OS will bring to the existing iPhones?
    01-08-10 10:12 PM
    I hope that one of those things is out the box push email.
    01-09-10 12:14 AM
    Don't we already have push email? it's just a setting you enable or disable.
    01-09-10 12:42 AM
    Don't we already have push email? it's just a setting you enable or disable.
    No.....the setting that youre talking about just enables push "if you have it" Otherwise it will just fetch according to the settings you choose ie: 15min etc..... In other words, in my gmail account it will not "push" to my iPhone(instantly) it will only fetch according to the settings because gmail does not offer push. On my bb device my gmail IS pushed because it goes through the BIS. I do hope that push will be offered with the next OS... this would be great!!
    01-09-10 12:47 AM
    Gmail can do push. It gets treated as an exchange account.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-09-10 08:58 AM
    Push would be nice, but with Apple charging $99 for Mobile Me which does Push, I wouldn't look for it.
    01-11-10 01:17 PM
    Yes, you can set up Gmail as a push/exchange account, but that doesn't work out for those who have an exchange account and want their Gmail pushed as well. The iPhone only supports 1 exchange account.
    01-11-10 01:19 PM
    Apple has to be so difficult with their limits on everything.
    01-12-10 08:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD