Does anyone use their iphone as a lap top modem?
    I looked at it but it seems like the app they had to do it was pulled off. Is their any other way to do it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-11-09 09:05 PM
    in the app store they took it off becasue tethering is forbidden.. But if you jailbrake your I phone they have a app it's called pda net it's easy to set up and you can use your i phone as a regular or wireless router.. Go to Iphonealley.com the best i phone site out there in my opinion
    04-11-09 10:25 PM
    Does att try to charge you more or they don't know.

04-11-09 10:54 PM
    Does att try to charge you more or they don't know.

I had pda net for months no extra charges now i read they have the capabilities to track it but they don't i'm not too sure how true it is i never got charged extra but i wouldn't suggest using it a lot cause i believe then they could recognize it very quickly
    04-14-09 01:37 PM
    The phone can't be used as a 'router.' It be used as a modem. And yes, jailbreaking is the only way. As far as getting caught, it's quite easy for them to see a sudden increase in bandwidth used.
    04-14-09 04:07 PM
    As long as you just use it for browsing you should be fine. But once again you're not supposed to do it. PDA Net actually used to be in the AppStore till AT&T was all like, WTF ARE YOU DOING?!

So yeah, the fact that the iPhone uses full HTML means you probably won't get caught as long as you just browse. But don't be stupid and start using it to download music and movies and ****.
    04-14-09 06:39 PM
    Jailbreak then pdanet.

The mbs really stack up

04-15-09 10:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD