Okay I'll try to keep this simply put as possible.

I have an iPhone 3gs. I just bought it from a friend and it's my first one. She had 347 songs on it. I maybe like 100 of those songs.

I also have a laptop I just downloaded iTunes onto. This computer has probably 200 songs of mine on it.

I want to remove the songs of hers from the phone I DO NOT like, but keep the songs of hers I DO like and also add my music.

In simple to follow noOby terms, how would I accomplish what I aim to do here?

Feel free to speak to me as if I were remedial at best, lol. I will not be offended. My BB was so easy, just treat it like a flash drive. Blah.
    01-03-13 11:19 PM
    Okay I'll try to keep this simply put as possible.

I have an iPhone 3gs. I just bought it from a friend and it's my first one. She had 347 songs on it. I maybe like 100 of those songs.

I also have a laptop I just downloaded iTunes onto. This computer has probably 200 songs of mine on it.

I want to remove the songs of hers from the phone I DO NOT like, but keep the songs of hers I DO like and also add my music.

In simple to follow noOby terms, how would I accomplish what I aim to do here?

Feel free to speak to me as if I were remedial at best, lol. I will not be offended. My BB was so easy, just treat it like a flash drive. Blah.
    Well with Apple they like to do things their way so in order to choose certain songs and transfer them to where you want them to be, you have to use a 3rd Party source. This is one I found useful.

http://www.copytrans.net/ (Download the software)

You can copy and transfer the first 100 songs free and then you will actually have to buy the product to transfer anymore.

So plug in the iphone to your laptop and have this "CopyTrans" opened on your laptop, you can take them from the phone and send them to your itunes which "CopyTrans" does very easily. Just make sure you choose the songs you want first because only the first 100 are free.

And then if you have songs on your computer, you can easily drag and drop them into your itunes. The songs are usually located in the documents section in the music file.

So when you get all the songs you want into itunes, it should delete the songs you don't like and sync the songs you do like.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you need any further assistance..
    01-03-13 11:45 PM
    You my friend are a genius. I searched high and low on google but never got my answer. I searched the apple forums and no one had a direct answer either. I just knew someone from Crackberry would know. This literally worked for me in less than 10 minutes total. Who knew it would be THAT easy. Thank you a thousand times over. I'm very grateful for you.
    01-04-13 01:57 PM
    I'm glad I can help. I know how frustrating it can be some times with these devices.. CrackBerry is where it's at though! I have learned so much from the people on this site! I hope you enjoy your iphone
    01-05-13 12:02 PM