Yep, the keyboard that was copied to make a iphone more user friendly. And it even covered ip that old archaic button too.
    not by Apple
    09-08-14 11:20 PM
    Well we must all remember that Apple invented NFC. Don't believe me then look here. : Apple's iPhone 6 Preview: Why It's Not About the Money (sarcasm may occur)
    NFC as a form of payment is non-existent, less than 1 % worldwide. How that helped Blackberry for supporting it? You need a big player to change things at the right time. Apple will succeed where all other, including Blackberry, failed and will make NFC a household name.
    chalx likes this.
    09-08-14 11:28 PM
    Am I excited about an iPhone, NO I'm a Blackberry user. If I wanted to know about a iPhone I would go to a different form.
    09-08-14 11:29 PM
    If someone told me 10 years ago that we'd all be walking around with pocket sized devices...
    Posted by twiddling my thumbs on the mighty Qued! - Channel C003DAB77
    Actually the vision of this kind of technology can be traced back to 2001. MIT Professor Michael L. Dertouzos wrote about it
    on his book "The Unfinished Revolution: Human-Centered Computers and What They Can Do for Us"
    If you want, take a look inside the book at Amazon.
    http://www.amazon.com/The-Unfinished...UvbUpU10817503
    Also, if you want learn a bit about Professor Dertouzos.
    MIT Professor Michael L. Dertouzos dies at 64; IT pioneer who made technology accessible | MIT News Office
    09-08-14 11:36 PM
    After reading all the posts, I agree innovation has come to an end. Most of the companies simply copy each other. Only Passport's keyboard I would say is innovative.

In today's time, marketing is more important than innovation and we all know who taught this. So rather than pushing each other here, let's just hope, we as consumers keep getting better devices.
    09-08-14 11:42 PM
    I'm not getting paid enough from either Blackberry or Apple to defend their products. Who cares who copied who. In the end of the day as long as it benefits me and my business they can copy whatever they want. This drives competition and innovation (Not much lately).

I love technology and will watch the keynote to see what they'll come up with.
    agarwal.apar and mkelley65 like this.
    09-08-14 11:53 PM
    I'll give you the finger print scanner, but not the saphire. In July 2014 we already knew for a long time that the Iphone 6 would have Saphire display, so who knows who copied who
    Sapphire has been used to protect watch faces for a very long time. Using it on a phone screen is somehow "innovative"? If it is, then the Vertu Ti (February 14, 2013) did it earlier. That's more than a full year before even "we already knew".

The other stuff I don't think is significative enought, it's just some software little features, nothing that is a "in your face" copy I think
    Good. We can agree that there's nothing innovative about iOS software.
    09-09-14 01:14 AM
    True innovation in mobile phones came last in 2007 - the original iPhone launch by Apple. *GASP*. Yes, it's true. Innovation isn't something that comes easily every year or with every device. No one seems to remember how wildly different and crazy the iPhone was. It was introduced in a time when nobody even thought about swiping as a way of navigating a device! Innovation, although it does require some genius and vision, also depends on the improvement of technology in general.

iOS 8 isn't really innovative. The iPhone 5s isn't really innovative. Android was never really innovative. None of the Galaxy products were really innovative. New features does not always equal innovation.
    09-09-14 01:17 AM
    That may all be grand, but ..

"It’s about 10 times more expensive. It’s about 1.6 times heavier. It’s environmentally unfriendly. It takes about 100 times more energy to generate a sapphire crystal than it does glass. It transmits less light which it means either dimmer devices or shorter battery life. It continues to break. I think while it’s scratch resistant product it still breaks and our testing says that Gorilla Glass, about 2.5 times more pressure that it can take than Sapphire on. So when we look at it, we think from an overall industry and trend that is not attractive in consumer electronics."

So you're suggesting iPhone 6 will make their customers phones even more battery hungry?

You're posting a video from Gorilla Glass company.... Big deal.. would you expect them to put a video where gorilla glass was inferior? really...

Get a link with an independent test.... It's almost sad that I have to make this observation

and by the way, are you going to run over your phone with your car to need that pressure? Do you know that you CAN'T compress water? now make a screen out of it... holding pressure, or being scratch resistant is very different
    09-09-14 01:18 AM
    No one seems to remember how wildly different and crazy the iPhone was. It was introduced in a time when nobody even thought about swiping as a way of navigating a device! Innovation, although it does require some genius and vision, also depends on the improvement of technology in general.
    Actually, I saw all the swiping, pinch-to-zoom, etc. and played with it at SIGGRAPH at least a year or more before the iPhone came out. When the iPhone was demo'ed, I thought, "Hey, they just copied that."

This 2006 video shows roughly what I was able to play with: (2:42 for what you'll clearly recognize as "innovative")

This webpage explains that the history is a long one...

http://www.billbuxton.com/multitouchOverview.html

"Multi-touch technologies have a long history. To put it in perspective, my group at the University of Toronto was working on multi-touch in 1984 (Lee, Buxton & Smith, 1985), the same year that the first Macintosh computer was released, and we were not the first. Furthermore, during the development of the iPhone, Apple was very much aware of the history of multi-touch, dating at least back to 1982, and the use of the pinch gesture, dating back to 1983. This is clearly demonstrated by the bibliography of the PhD thesis of Wayne Westerman, co-founder of FingerWorks, a company that Apple acquired early in 2005, and now an Apple employee

Westerman, Wayne (1999). Hand Tracking,Finger Identification, and Chordic Manipulation on a Multi-Touch Surface. U of Delaware PhD Dissertation: http://www.ee.udel.edu/~westerma/main.pdf

In making this statement about their awareness of past work, I am not criticizing Westerman, the iPhone, or Apple. It is simply good practice and good scholarship to know the literature and do one's homework when embarking on a new product. What I am pointing out, however, is that "new" technologies - like multi-touch - do not grow out of a vacuum. While marketing tends to like the "great invention" story, real innovation rarely works that way. In short, the evolution of multi-touch is a text-book example of what I call "the long-nose of innovation."
    09-09-14 01:37 AM
    So you're suggesting iPhone 6 will make their customers phones even more battery hungry?
    Guess we now know the motivation for the larger iPhones: bigger batteries...
    09-09-14 01:40 AM
    Actually, I saw all the swiping, pinch-to-zoom, etc. and played with it at SIGGRAPH at least a year or more before the iPhone came out. When the iPhone was demo'ed, I thought, "Hey, they just copied that."

This 2006 video shows roughly what I was able to play with: (2:42 for what you'll clearly recognize as "innovative")

This webpage explains that the history is a long one...

http://www.billbuxton.com/multitouchOverview.html

"Multi-touch technologies have a long history. To put it in perspective, my group at the University of Toronto was working on multi-touch in 1984 (Lee, Buxton & Smith, 1985), the same year that the first Macintosh computer was released, and we were not the first. Furthermore, during the development of the iPhone, Apple was very much aware of the history of multi-touch, dating at least back to 1982, and the use of the pinch gesture, dating back to 1983. This is clearly demonstrated by the bibliography of the PhD thesis of Wayne Westerman, co-founder of FingerWorks, a company that Apple acquired early in 2005, and now an Apple employee

Westerman, Wayne (1999). Hand Tracking,Finger Identification, and Chordic Manipulation on a Multi-Touch Surface. U of Delaware PhD Dissertation: http://www.ee.udel.edu/~westerma/main.pdf

In making this statement about their awareness of past work, I am not criticizing Westerman, the iPhone, or Apple. It is simply good practice and good scholarship to know the literature and do one's homework when embarking on a new product. What I am pointing out, however, is that "new" technologies - like multi-touch - do not grow out of a vacuum. While marketing tends to like the "great invention" story, real innovation rarely works that way. In short, the evolution of multi-touch is a text-book example of what I call "the long-nose of innovation."
    Crazy, I do remember watching this video. Perhaps I'm wrong but I don't think Apple claims they've invented the swiping or zooming.
    I think the the innovation was, seeing the potential and putting everything together in phone form factor. At the time it was true innovation and a break through in my opinion.
    09-09-14 02:21 AM
    If these leaked specs turn out to be true... 1810 mAh battery? Oh god kill yourselves....

iPhone Hype day!!!-iphone-6-back-cover-1-640x480.jpg

iPhone Hype day!!!-iphone-6-back-cover-2-640x480.jpg

Full iPhone 6 specs

Here are the full iPhone 6 specs, straight out of China (the only changes we made were formatting tweaks to make it easier to read):

4G LTE: all models
    Sim: Nano-SIM
    Announcement: Sept 9th
    Release: Sept 19th
    Dimensions: 137.5 x 67 x 7 mm (5.41 x 2.64 x 0.28 in)
    Weight: 113 g (3.99 oz)
    TouchID: 500 dpi pixel density fingerprint sensor (Touch ID on all models)
    Display: LED-backlit IPS LCD, capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
    Size: 960 x 1704 pixels, 4.70 inches / 5.5 inches (~416 ppi pixel density)
    Multitouch: Yes
    Protection: Shatter proof sapphire crystal glass, oleophobic coating – water resistant
    Sound: Alert types Vibration, proprietary ringtones
    Loudspeaker: Yes
    3.5mm jack: Yes
    Memory Card slot: No
    Internal: 16/32/64/128 GB, 2 GB RAM
    Data GPRS: Yes
    EDGE: Yes
    Speed: DC-HSDPA, 42 Mbps; HSDPA, 21 Mbps; HSUPA, 5.76 Mbps; LTE, Cat6, 300 Mbps DL; EV-DO Rev. A, up to 3.1 Mbps
    WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi hotspot
    Bluetooth: v4.0, A2DP
    NFC: Yes
    USB: v2.0
    Camera: Primary 8 MP, 3264 x 2448 pixels, autofocus, dual-LED (dual tone) flash. Features Simultaneous video and image recording, touch focus, geo-tagging, face detection, HDR panorama, HDR photo
    Video: 1080p@60fps
    Secondary: Yes
    Chipset: Apple A8
    CPU: Dual-core 2 GHz
    Sensors: Accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
    Messaging: iMessage, SMS (threaded view), MMS, Email, Push Email
    Browser: HTML (Safari)
    Radio: No
    GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS
    Java: No
    Colors: Space Gray, White/Silver, Gold
    - Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
    - AirDrop file sharing
    - Siri natural language commands and dictation
    - iCloud cloud service
    - iCloud Keychain
    - Twitter and Facebook integration
    - TV-out
    - Maps
    - iBooks PDF reader
    - Audio/video player/editor
    - Organizer
    - Document viewer/editor
    - Photo viewer/editor
    - Voice memo/dial/command
    - Predictive text input
    Battery: Non-removable Li-Po 1810 mAh battery (6.91 Wh)

Read more at Shatterproof and water-resistant? Full iPhone 6 spec list contains surprises | Cult of Mac
    09-09-14 02:46 AM
    Crazy, I do remember watching this video. Perhaps I'm wrong but I don't think Apple claims they've invented the swiping or zooming.
    I think the the innovation was, seeing the potential and putting everything together in phone form factor. At the time it was true innovation and a break through in my opinion.
    It's sad, then, that a company like Palm, which developed so many innovative ideas that have been adopted by everyone, including Apple, aren't given due credit because the company failed, not the ideas. The same applies to Nokia and MeeGo.
    09-09-14 02:59 AM
    1810 mAh? Compare to 1500 mAh on iPhone 5S right? What's that...an extra hour of battery life to their phone?

Posted via CB10
    09-09-14 02:59 AM
    Hmmm

iPhone Hype day!!!-commentphotos.com_1406559161.jpg

Bring on the genius opinions
    09-09-14 03:16 AM
    Passport will be the phone of the year. Iphone6 all the best.
    09-09-14 03:19 AM
    Anjd I mean Jonathan Ive! Not the sissy Tim Cook. Over the years when an iDevice came out, they release these hype videos where they speak passionate about this "groundbreaking" device.
    haha yes i'm also looking forward for those videos :-)

THIS IS THE BEST PHONE (that apple ever done)
    THIS IS THE BIGGEST PHONE (that apple ever done)

THIS IS THE MOST POWERFUL PHONE (that apple ever done)

un-apologetically hand crafted ahaha

the marketing master is back, tonight live on apple.com, log in for a laugh :-)
    09-09-14 04:53 AM
    If these leaked specs turn out to be true... 1810 mAh battery? Oh god kill yourselves....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	iphone-6-back-cover-1-640x480.jpg 
Views:	230 
Size:	41.0 KB 
ID:	296671

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	iphone-6-back-cover-2-640x480.jpg 
Views:	228 
Size:	40.9 KB 
ID:	296670

Full iPhone 6 specs

Here are the full iPhone 6 specs, straight out of China (the only changes we made were formatting tweaks to make it easier to read):

4G LTE: all models
    Sim: Nano-SIM
    Announcement: Sept 9th
    Release: Sept 19th
    Dimensions: 137.5 x 67 x 7 mm (5.41 x 2.64 x 0.28 in)
    Weight: 113 g (3.99 oz)
    TouchID: 500 dpi pixel density fingerprint sensor (Touch ID on all models)
    Display: LED-backlit IPS LCD, capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
    Size: 960 x 1704 pixels, 4.70 inches / 5.5 inches (~416 ppi pixel density)
    Multitouch: Yes
    Protection: Shatter proof sapphire crystal glass, oleophobic coating – water resistant
    Sound: Alert types Vibration, proprietary ringtones
    Loudspeaker: Yes
    3.5mm jack: Yes
    Memory Card slot: No
    Internal: 16/32/64/128 GB, 2 GB RAM
    Data GPRS: Yes
    EDGE: Yes
    Speed: DC-HSDPA, 42 Mbps; HSDPA, 21 Mbps; HSUPA, 5.76 Mbps; LTE, Cat6, 300 Mbps DL; EV-DO Rev. A, up to 3.1 Mbps
    WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi hotspot
    Bluetooth: v4.0, A2DP
    NFC: Yes
    USB: v2.0
    Camera: Primary 8 MP, 3264 x 2448 pixels, autofocus, dual-LED (dual tone) flash. Features Simultaneous video and image recording, touch focus, geo-tagging, face detection, HDR panorama, HDR photo
    Video: 1080p@60fps
    Secondary: Yes
    Chipset: Apple A8
    CPU: Dual-core 2 GHz
    Sensors: Accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
    Messaging: iMessage, SMS (threaded view), MMS, Email, Push Email
    Browser: HTML (Safari)
    Radio: No
    GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS
    Java: No
    Colors: Space Gray, White/Silver, Gold
    - Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
    - AirDrop file sharing
    - Siri natural language commands and dictation
    - iCloud cloud service
    - iCloud Keychain
    - Twitter and Facebook integration
    - TV-out
    - Maps
    - iBooks PDF reader
    - Audio/video player/editor
    - Organizer
    - Document viewer/editor
    - Photo viewer/editor
    - Voice memo/dial/command
    - Predictive text input
    Battery: Non-removable Li-Po 1810 mAh battery (6.91 Wh)

Read more at Shatterproof and water-resistant? Full iPhone 6 spec list contains surprises | Cult of Mac
    Thanks man! Thats what this "iPhone hype day" is about ! Rumors, specs! Step 2 is when the event is LIVE! Step 3 is the aftermath! And best part: After that this thread will be lost and forgotten to oblivion 4 life!!! Lets have fun!
    09-09-14 04:53 AM
    It's sad, then, that a company like Palm, which developed so many innovative ideas that have been adopted by everyone, including Apple, aren't given due credit because the company failed, not the ideas. The same applies to Nokia and MeeGo.
    I had the very last and true Nokia and iPhone killer: The N9!!!! It was amazing. The design and the UI!!!!! It was made with love!

I remember browsing the engadget sites in 2011. They brought a nice review about the N9!

Nokia N9 review

A review you won't see these days anymore. At that time I had an iSheeple device of course. Then I read that review and watched the videos. I don't , but the days it kept in my head and I reread the review, checked Amazon. Then I checked this very well made product site:

Home | Experience Nokia N9 ? All it takes is a swipe

I had to buy it and it just felt right. Remember this was in the late 2011! Unfortunately the N9 was stomped down! No marketing anymore, nothing! Windows was taking over.

I was kinda sad, because this N9 was Nokias answer to the iPhone! It had many things we know about BB10 . The swipe gestures etc. I highly recommend checking this N9 review.
    09-09-14 05:00 AM
    Apple is doing something right and that couldn't stop people criticizing its products. BlackBerry has been doing something wrong and that couldn't stop some people falling in love with it and that goes for WP and Androids.
    I think it's a waste of time for consumers to fight against which phone is the best. There are many criteria that should come to play when talking about the best, man factor is one of them.
    BlackBerry may be the best phone in someone's situation and WP may be the answer to someone else.
    No one chose my phone for me, and I shouldn't blame others for choosing their phones based one their discretions.
    Phones have evolved and matured and still following the path to perfection, so consumers should do the same and follow the path.
    I really love my iPhone 5 and intend to get iPhone 6, there's nothing someone can do about it. By the same token I love my Z10 and I'm ready to get whatever successor it may have or going for Z30 because I don't like the look of passport and nothing someone can do about that.
    The people behind these devices are the best people man can have, we need to appreciate their efforts not wasting our energies by mocking each other.

Love my Z10 looking for its successor or go for Z30 when the price is right for me
    boeingrules likes this.
    09-09-14 05:01 AM
    Wow, interesting article about the security at this event!!!

Apple takes security to highest level for Sept. 9 event | Cult of Mac

Phones are being searched, cameras are covered in special tape and everyone is “super-paranoid".

“We were told that we should erase anything embarrassing from our phones because security will be going through them with a fine-tooth comb.”

They tape out smartphones! Once you try to scratch them away, the color changes and you get fired... Sounds very harsh for such an event. I remember the event in the middle of the 2000's and it way cooler and smoother.
    09-09-14 05:34 AM
    And another thread closed for cleaning.
    09-09-14 06:21 AM
    And it's going to stay closed. Please move along.
    newcollector likes this.
    09-09-14 07:45 AM
74 123