This link will let all ... maybe apple should put better equipment in there devices
    Aka the radio!
    Apparently, dropping 30 percent of iPhone calls is "normal" - PhoneDog Cell Phone News & Articles

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-30-09 08:48 PM
    I wouldn't say I'm an iphone "hater" but I still can't believe that 30% is acceptable. That's ridiculous.
    09-30-09 11:00 PM
    Looks like Apple needs to improve their phone application for their iPod Touch.
    09-30-09 11:09 PM
    Looks like Apple needs to improve their phone application for their iPod Touch.
    Hahahaha that is halarious

10-01-09 03:09 AM
    Wow. That's staggeringly pathetic.

Sorry iPhone guys in NYC.
    10-01-09 03:34 AM
    I also wouldn't call myself a hater, but if this article is, in fact, true, crapple may need to spend some more time in R & D.
    10-01-09 04:26 AM
    I am not surprised at all! My mom jumped on the 3GS bandwagon and i find myself not calling her as much because i can never hear her or the call drops. Ok that was partially serious. But what is serious is her crappy phone.

This doesnt surprise me either due to the fact that it is not apples primary function to have a good working phone. All they really care about is how many useless apps they can put on iTunes for people to buy.

It is an iPod with a Sh!tty phone!
    10-01-09 04:46 AM
    Do we know what the rest of ATT has for call drops in NYC? How overloaded is the network?
    10-01-09 04:54 AM
    The problem is probably not the iPhones but the network itself. The network is probably overloaded in NYC.

AT&T needs to update/upgrade their network to acceptable levels. And bringing 3G to my neck of the woods would be welcomed also.
    10-01-09 06:27 AM
    Out of curiosity from you NYC folks......what is Verizon's advertising like in NYC? Do they take advantage of known AT&T issues and leverage that?
    10-01-09 07:34 AM
    The fault here lies with AT&T - the VZ iPhone can't come soon enough...
    10-01-09 08:05 AM
    I wouldn't slate the iphone 3gs just yet, if I remember correctly the Bold had it's fair share of problems with dropped calls when it was released over a year ago. Orange UK even had to take it off the shelves due to so many problems. Off course, at the time they said it was so popular it sold out when the truth was all over the internet

10-01-09 08:35 AM
    That's ridiculous!

10-01-09 08:51 AM
    . the VZ iPhone can't come soon enough...
    I hope not. It could cause similar problems with the VZW network.
    10-01-09 10:10 AM
    That's ridiculous!

That is too funny.
    10-01-09 10:11 AM
    I have only dropped one call in NYC. 30% sounds like BS. It's probably the network in NYC.
    Last edited by avt123; 10-01-09 at 01:38 PM.
    10-01-09 01:35 PM
    Hope you're right, avt123! Verizon's network here in NYC is terrific. I use a BlackBerry, and as much as I would love to move to the iPhone, i don't think i can put up with more than 1-2% dropped calls. In the past 2 years with Verizon, my phone may have dropped 5 calls out of thousands made and received. Not a bad track record.

My question to other New York iPhone users is: what's your estimated percentage of dropped calls with AT&T?

And should i bite the bullet and get an iPhone this month? My contract with Verizon is over in a few weeks....
    10-03-09 04:37 PM
    It's not the phone its the service provider.
    10-03-09 04:56 PM
    Hope you're right, avt123! Verizon's network here in NYC is terrific. I use a BlackBerry, and as much as I would love to move to the iPhone, i don't think i can put up with more than 1-2% dropped calls. In the past 2 years with Verizon, my phone may have dropped 5 calls out of thousands made and received. Not a bad track record.

My question to other New York iPhone users is: what's your estimated percentage of dropped calls with AT&T?

And should i bite the bullet and get an iPhone this month? My contract with Verizon is over in a few weeks....
    I barely get any dropped calls with my iPhone. I have had maybe 10 tops, but that was due to software that was fixed early on with the 3G. I have more dropped calls with my Bold than I do with the iPhone.

Verizon users, you better hope your network can handle the iPhone if/when it comes. AT&T I believe has the most iPhone users. Wait until Verizon see the masses using data with an iPhone on their network. I have a feeling it wont be so great for you guys either. Even though my service has been incredible with AT&T.
    10-03-09 08:21 PM
    I have very few dropped calls too on ATT in Miami. 3G is pretty widespread here too. I too had more drops and call failed on my Bold than iphone by far. I cant remember the last time I got call failed on my iphone.

And I totally agree, people are VERY quick to judge ATT when it was an influx of MILLIONS of data hungry users within about a little over a year. No network coudlve handled that no matter how much the carrier fanboys say so.
    10-03-09 08:59 PM
    At a studio I worked at no one could get any service with iPhones.

I had all my bars all the time.

I've gotten calls from new customers while I'm waiting for the A train underground with my 8330 on VZW. Try doing that with an iPhone!
    10-03-09 11:51 PM
    Then you should probably get a blackberry
    10-04-09 12:16 AM
    Network issues, not phone issues. Here in Boston I usually never get any dropped calls. And why does everyone keep mentioning a Verizon Iphone like its going to happen? Doesn't anyone get that theres a huge chance that will never happen?
    10-04-09 02:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD