My iPhone can already multitask (thanks to Jailbreak). If iPhone OS4 is really good then I might unjailbreak and use it. Hopefully it's a good one!!!
    It's worth it. I'm on 4.0 beta 1 and it's awesome.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-09-10 03:22 PM
    Why not use OS4, its already been jailbroken
    04-09-10 05:44 PM
    Yaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy. It can do what everybodyelse always did. Yaaaaaaaaayyyyyyy. Unbelievable!!!!!! Sheesh!!

04-10-10 05:56 AM
    Yaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy. It can do what everybodyelse always did. Yaaaaaaaaayyyyyyy. Unbelievable!!!!!! Sheesh!!

*Goes off to watch a FULL SCREEN YouTube video of my device doing what everyone elses device can do*

Sigh. Different devices/systems do different things for various reasons.
    There's no reason to be chidish about it.
    04-10-10 09:13 AM
    *Goes off to watch a FULL SCREEN YouTube video of my device doing what everyone elses device can do*

Sigh. Different devices/systems do different things for various reasons.
    There's no reason to be chidish about it.
    Calm down... I like the iphone alot, I have a 3gs, just can't stand fanaticism-- as in people letting stuff get away with murder and making excuses for it.

04-10-10 11:26 AM
    >>>Iphone can now Multitask!

Welcome to last decade!
    04-10-10 11:35 AM
    Fanaticism runs both ways

Why is BIS still POOR consumer email without folders for Gmail, Exchange, etc. Why is there still no Exchange contact and calendar sync? Why cant they fix something as simple as read/unreaed sync? Hello, 1999-2205?!? My Treo 650/7000/700wx and HTC WinMo phones did this!

Why are there still memory leaks in BB OS? Why are the apps still so poor and RIM cant write a proper SDK?

Why was a phone like the Tour released only to be killed off a few months later to add WIFI and the trackpad?

The letting them get away with murder runs both ways there. RIM is NO LESS guilty of this.

At LEAST Apple is LISTENING to what its customers want and putting it in. Thats a far cry from how other manufacturers work.
    Last edited by stuaw11; 04-10-10 at 11:41 AM.
    04-10-10 11:36 AM
    Calm down... I like the iphone alot, I have a 3gs, just can't stand fanaticism-- as in people letting stuff get away with murder and making excuses for it.

Sorry Ted. I thought you were another hater. My apologies.
    04-10-10 12:03 PM
    >>>Iphone can now Multitask!

Welcome to last decade!
    Says a guy with an 8330!
    04-10-10 12:06 PM
    I think it's great, just a day late and a dollar short for me. I love it, but my attention to another device come later this year has gotten me looking elsewhere.
    04-10-10 01:18 PM
    I had high hopes for the Storm2, but imo RIM haven't delivered. Initially i was happy with the storm, took a little getting used to, coming over from a 8900, but soon enough so many things started to annoy me about the handset and OS... mainly the click screen, which I personally think is gimmicky.

The main reason for wanting a Storm2, was the bigger screen, since I like to surf the mobile web, youtube and also to retain my use of BBM...

But to me, minus BBM, the iPhone with OS4 seems to better the BlackBerry in many ways now.

The Storm2 just seems like an ignored handset by RIM and of the many app developers out there.
    I'm not sure why you didn't like the click screen, but the vast majority of people I know personally who own S2s love it. I still show people the clicking function of my S2 from time to time and they are like "wow, I didn't know touchscreens could do that!" Apparently they haven't been paying attention.

I don't quite see how the Storm2 is ignored by RIM or devs... There are many devs that only do Storm2 apps, and RIM constantly leaks out new OSs for Storm2s.... if anything is ignored, its the S1, for good reason lol and the S2 ignored by Verizon, also with good reason. S1 left them a sour taste.

Fanaticism runs both ways

Why is BIS still POOR consumer email without folders for Gmail, Exchange, etc. Why is there still no Exchange contact and calendar sync? Why cant they fix something as simple as read/unreaed sync? Hello, 1999-2205?!? My Treo 650/7000/700wx and HTC WinMo phones did this!

Why are there still memory leaks in BB OS? Why are the apps still so poor and RIM cant write a proper SDK?

Why was a phone like the Tour released only to be killed off a few months later to add WIFI and the trackpad?

The letting them get away with murder runs both ways there. RIM is NO LESS guilty of this.

At LEAST Apple is LISTENING to what its customers want and putting it in. Thats a far cry from how other manufacturers work.
    Question and comment here... question, what read/unread sync are you talking about? I'm actually interested in what you are talking about, I know my accounts sync read/unread status.

About memory leaks, those are app related, a unnecessary side effect of not having a proper SDK, which they supposedly have been improving. I haven't spoke to any devs to see if this latest release is any better than the old one.

As for "at LEAST Apple is LISTENING", RIM is listening too. If they weren't they wouldn't have scrapped OS5 to move to OS6, whatever it may be. They also wouldn't be updating their SDK, nor developing a webkit browser for us. So to say they are not listening is a little misleading, I am assuming that comment was directed towards them of course.

To say they are taking forever in releasing what they are listening about would be much more accurate. But, the same could be said about iPhone's multitasking. This is their 4th iteration of their OS and people have been asking for multitasking since the 1st one came out. People have also been asking for more customization from the 1st one and it is finally getting here. Same for folder support, as well as other things that simply took too long. (copy and paste? mms?)

Starting to get the point? I would think/hope so.
    04-10-10 02:09 PM
    Sorry Ted. I thought you were another hater. My apologies.
    Cooleeo!! :-)

04-10-10 07:44 PM
62 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD