just wanted to ask this question that was probably asked before, but i'll ask it anyways. what do you iphone/blackberry users think is a better purchase. the iphone 3gs or some new blackberry that god knows when it will be released? i have an 8820 and like it, but it doesn't have 3g. i was looking at the bold, but i just think it's too ugly. i want 3g and something that has a lot of apps that can be run. i don't know much about the iphone or new blackberries. can anyone shed some light on this? thanks.
    06-26-09 02:17 AM
    the iphone is a nice but as a blackberry replacement its def not. frist of all coming from a 8820 and haveing a keyboard your going to get really annoyed with only haveing a touch screen. also the email on the iphone is no push i dont care to you talk to it will never be instent like a blackberry. the iphone does everything else well. the music and video playback is great. and there are alot of apps out there for it but most or high percentage of those apps are just crap. is the new iphone worth the money i dont feel it is for what you get.
    06-26-09 02:30 AM
    Well... since I am a user of both, I'll shed some light, but before I do, merk350z, answer this one question... are you saying you're annoted with your storm? or is it okay because it is touch click? The iPhone has a 90% satisfaction rating and most of the users who bought them came from a physical keyboard, so that point you made is no where true.

Email.. it's great and yes push is awesome. I have actually had my Bold and iPhone for the past few days and I receive my email before my berry does. My iPhone is a split second to a second faster. This was definitely something they worked on with the 3Gs and 3.0. It was never that fast and accurate for me before. Another point that is incorrect from the previous poster.

Pattern? Yes, those that do not have both devices don't usually have accurate points vs. those that actually use both and consistent basis. I also use two BlackBerry devices (1 work / 1 personal) and my 3Gs (just sold the 3G)

You want 3G and a lot of apps. Well with all the memory, you can do app crazy. Actually, you can put around 160 apps on 3.0, 159 on 3GS (compass).

If that is your concerns, then the iPhone may be a good choice.
    06-26-09 02:46 AM
    Well... since I am a user of both, I'll shed some light, but before I do, merk350z, answer this one question... are you saying you're annoted with your storm? or is it okay because it is touch click? The iPhone has a 90% satisfaction rating and most of the users who bought them came from a physical keyboard, so that point you made is no where true.

Email.. it's great and yes push is awesome. I have actually had my Bold and iPhone for the past few days and I receive my email before my berry does. My iPhone is a split second to a second faster. This was definitely something they worked on with the 3Gs and 3.0. It was never that fast and accurate for me before. Another point that is incorrect from the previous poster.

Pattern? Yes, those that do not have both devices don't usually have accurate points vs. those that actually use both and consistent basis. I also use two BlackBerry devices (1 work / 1 personal) and my 3Gs (just sold the 3G)

You want 3G and a lot of apps. Well with all the memory, you can do app crazy. Actually, you can put around 160 apps on 3.0, 159 on 3GS (compass).

now while a lot of people like the iPhone who made the percentage 90 percent satisfied?

because I have a pretty good feeling that number is a bit high...

just from being on the iPhone forums it seems to high...

I could be wrong but I ask because apple tends to put out some pretty bogus numbers at times. (Dont get me wrong I like some of apples products)

I also would like to say that many people (even though apple made a fine on screen keyboard) still think hardware keys are faster..

I mean when I watched the vid of the dood pounding out 75 words on the bold per minute there is just no way that will happen on a iPhone.. not that you can't type fast enough but just no way
    Last edited by noaim; 06-26-09 at 03:49 AM.
    06-26-09 03:45 AM

No AIM, just curious at what point does Duvi mention that a touchscreen is better then a Qwerty? All he said was that there are a lot of people coming from a physical keyboard to the Iphone.. Also I think that number comes from the fact that Apple has great customer service as well as the actual like for the device.. Just keep that in mind.
    06-26-09 09:47 AM
    From my experience I've found myself typing quicker on the iPhone keyboard than a blackberry one, just my .02. I would also suggest not to compare the iPhone with the Storm, Storm was and is the absolute worst BB RIM has ever put out and makes the iPhone "touchscreen" look real bad when the iPhone blows it away.
    In the end it's all about YOU, play with them...see if they have trials. I have MobileMe PUSH email on my iPhone, you can use Yahoo PUSH email as well. All this none push email is nonsense really; even if you didn't have mobile me or yahoo the iPhones email is actually pretty quick (gmail etc) and support full HTML IMAP settings. Pick a few phones and try them, iPhone, a Berry and Pre.
    06-26-09 12:02 PM
    I will make it short and simple , if you are comming from the storm it is night and day . The iphone is what the storm wish it could have been , everything is instant , the keyboard is better and i can type fastter on it then my storm/8330 , the web browser is amazing with no compairison , wi fi is awsome , all the apps are awsome , not if you are compairing it to a bold or onyx , then there is more of a debate and it really just comes down to personal opinion.
    06-26-09 12:33 PM
    First it will come down to personal preference when it comes to having a touch or QWERTY keypad. It wasn't a difficult transition for myself going from full QWERTY to touch. For others, it may be different. It also depends on your needs.. Do you need a device that's primarily for messaging or would you like a device that runs lots of applications and better multimedia features. I have used blackberries since the beginning of 2006 and I have been using an iPhone since it came out and they both have their strengths and weaknesses. But in my opinion, the iPhone hasn't gotten stale to me and the UI is slick and its smooth.

Most blackberries are very stable, but I just got bored with it. Yeah it's great to have push email and blackberry messenger, but at the end of the day those 2 features were not going to keep me. In most other areas, the iPhone destroys blackberry and no blackberry our now or in the near future compares to the 3GS as far as speed and ease of use. The blackberries that look to be coming out, all have marginal differences than their predecessors so you have to decide if you will not get bored until RIM does something to blow people away. Right now, nothing can touch the 3GS, IMO.
    06-26-09 12:46 PM
    now while a lot of people like the iPhone who made the percentage 90 percent satisfied?

because I have a pretty good feeling that number is a bit high...

just from being on the iPhone forums it seems to high...

I could be wrong but I ask because apple tends to put out some pretty bogus numbers at times. (Dont get me wrong I like some of apples products)

I also would like to say that many people (even though apple made a fine on screen keyboard) still think hardware keys are faster..

I mean when I watched the vid of the dood pounding out 75 words on the bold per minute there is just no way that will happen on a iPhone.. not that you can't type fast enough but just no way
    All of your points are subjective. One person might like QWERTY and another might like touch. Who cares what a youtube video says. It's about what you like. Do you have an iPhone or have you ever had one? Don't give me the "I played with one in the store", or "my buddy let's me play around with his" excuse. Do you have one? You're carrying around a crappy, laggy, outdated OS, faulty hardware Storm and you actually think you make sense.

Apple tends to put out bogus numbers?.... ok like RIM or VZW never put out bogus numbers. Does the Storm sales figures include how many were returned? What about people that are on their 4th and 5th Storm? ALL COMPANIES embelish a little, so don't think RIM and VZW are so perfect that they never over/understated some info. Stop drinking the koolaid go refute all the whiners in the Storm Rants and Raves section and tell them why their non-working Storm is the greatest thing ever.
    06-26-09 12:55 PM
    1 Million iPhone 3Gs's 's 's or whatever it may be.. even if those numbers were off.. what 750,000... that is A LOT of freaking phones for ANY company in ONE weekend.. That is removing 250,000 from Apple's number.. come on.
    06-26-09 01:08 PM
    Storm Storm Storm Storm Storm
    06-26-09 01:12 PM
    1 Million iPhone 3Gs's 's 's or whatever it may be.. even if those numbers were off.. what 750,000... that is A LOT of freaking phones for ANY company in ONE weekend.. That is removing 250,000 from Apple's number.. come on.
    Exactly. If apple overstated their numbers then Imma say VZW and RIM overstated theirs. RIM fanboys are just upset because other devices are looking more appealing and function better than blackberries. I no longer will have a drink of that Koolaid.
    06-26-09 01:13 PM
    just wanted to ask this question that was probably asked before, but i'll ask it anyways. what do you iphone/blackberry users think is a better purchase. the iphone 3gs or some new blackberry that god knows when it will be released? i have an 8820 and like it, but it doesn't have 3g. i was looking at the bold, but i just think it's too ugly. i want 3g and something that has a lot of apps that can be run. i don't know much about the iphone or new blackberries. can anyone shed some light on this? thanks.
    what you are describing is an iphone. the bold has 3G and can run apps, but not many due to its memory restricitons and problems (leaks). the newer models of berry, the new curve, have more app memory, but no 3G. it also will kinda depend on your carrier to an extent. who are you with now, and who are you willing to go to in order to obtain the best device for you. i really love my bold, but as one poster already mentioned, take away push email, and bb messenger, and you're left with a fairly un-eventful device. with the new os on the iphones, you can really do lots more. i'm to a point where i dont miss bb messenger at all. honestly my exerience with the keyboard on the iphone has not been bad at all. i type just as well on my iphone as i did with my bold. and with the iphones predictive typing its almost a little faster! good luck with your purchase. i dont think you can really go wrong either way, blackberry or iphone.
    06-26-09 01:15 PM
    i dont think you can really go wrong either way, blackberry or iphone.
    Best point of the day. To the OP, I agree with the above quoted. It will be up to you to decide. Just try one for a couple weeks and see what you think. Some people go back to their blackberry and so people are wondering why they didn't switch sooner.
    06-26-09 01:19 PM
    This is coming from someone with an email of @crackberry.com..(Cobra302) RIM better start working on a different business model.. hahaha.
    06-26-09 01:20 PM
    .......guys relax releax. I own a blackberry storm. Ive been upset at it from time to time, but when it comes down to it, it does just what i need it to do, and with a few software updates it will be back on track. Besides, RIM has altered their development team, so you should see some change some time soon! hold your horses. Both phones are good, and the competition has only begun.....this is gonna be going on for the next 4 or 5 years and maybe more.
    06-26-09 01:42 PM
    .......guys relax releax. I own a blackberry storm. Ive been upset at it from time to time, but when it comes down to it, it does just what i need it to do, and with a few software updates it will be back on track. Besides, RIM has altered their development team, so you should see some change some time soon! hold your horses. Both phones are good, and the competition has only begun.....this is gonna be going on for the next 4 or 5 years and maybe more.
    I agree. iPhone iPhone iPhone..
    06-26-09 02:00 PM
    I agree. iPhone iPhone iPhone..
    Lol nice. I think it's really good for companies to have reason to compete. I don't really know about you but I don't have four or five years to have a working phone. Lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-26-09 02:09 PM
    Lol nice. I think it's really good for companies to have reason to compete. I don't really know about you but I don't have four or five years to have a working phone. Lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    LOL. This is true. Dude wants everyone to wait another 6 months for an update to the Storm and pray that it will work. The Storm is crap. That's a done deal. Better wait for version 2.0. Better hope it doesn't turn out to be 1.5.
    06-26-09 02:55 PM
    LOL. This is true. Dude wants everyone to wait another 6 months for an update to the Storm and pray that it will work. The Storm is crap. That's a done deal. Better wait for version 2.0. Better hope it doesn't turn out to be 1.5.
    Meh, Card Storm is a kid. Cut him some slack.

I have had BBs for work for years, and I'm coming up on one year with my 3G and can honestly say there really is no comparison. Unless AT&T is total trash in your area, or your work is BES only, go with the 3GS!
    06-26-09 05:03 PM
    is the new iphone worth the money i dont feel it is for what you get.
    And what do you get with every new BlackBerry? The same old OS with a new number and a little hardware upgrade.

What do you get with the 3GS? A hardware upgrade, and software features that the older models do not receive.

So tell me then, is there a difference?
    06-26-09 08:05 PM
    And what do you get with every new BlackBerry? The same old OS with a new number and a little hardware upgrade.

What do you get with the 3GS? A hardware upgrade, and software features that the older models do not receive.

So tell me then, is there a difference?
    Exactly. Every new RIM device is a marginal upgrade over an old. Same OS in every device.
    06-26-09 08:16 PM
    Keep it on topic and off personal attacks/flames.

Thanks!
    06-26-09 09:57 PM
    I just bought an iPhone this evening. I was waiting for the Tour to be released for Verizon, but I just couldn't wait any longer. I figure that I have 30 days to return the iPhone if it doesn't work for me, so why not give it a try. So far I'm impressed...not sure that means much being that I'm coming from a 2 year old dumbphone. It is definitely fast. I've played with a friends blackberry on numerous occasions, and web page loaded pretty slow. I also really like the iPod features...

I thought I wanted a blackberry after lurking here for a month or so, but in the back of my mind I was intrigued by the iPhone. I use a Macbook Pro and am very pleased with it, so my overall experience with Apple is positive. I kept reading how bb is a much better business device...blah blah blah... iPhone is a toy...blah blah blah. Anyway, I bought the phone for personal use, not business. I've received and sent email on it already...I'm guessing not much different than a bb. Toy or not, it seems like it is going to meet my needs just fine. The lack of physical keyboard is a little differnet, but I'm willing to give it a try. I guess I'll see over the next few weeks. If I change my mind I'll end up with the Tour...but so far I'm really liking the iPhone.
    06-27-09 01:36 AM
    I just bought an iPhone this evening. I was waiting for the Tour to be released for Verizon, but I just couldn't wait any longer. I figure that I have 30 days to return the iPhone if it doesn't work for me, so why not give it a try. So far I'm impressed...not sure that means much being that I'm coming from a 2 year old dumbphone. It is definitely fast. I've played with a friends blackberry on numerous occasions, and web page loaded pretty slow. I also really like the iPod features...

I thought I wanted a blackberry after lurking here for a month or so, but in the back of my mind I was intrigued by the iPhone. I use a Macbook Pro and am very pleased with it, so my overall experience with Apple is positive. I kept reading how bb is a much better business device...blah blah blah... iPhone is a toy...blah blah blah. Anyway, I bought the phone for personal use, not business. I've received and sent email on it already...I'm guessing not much different than a bb. Toy or not, it seems like it is going to meet my needs just fine. The lack of physical keyboard is a little differnet, but I'm willing to give it a try. I guess I'll see over the next few weeks. If I change my mind I'll end up with the Tour...but so far I'm really liking the iPhone.
    Hey, If you don't mind, would you let me know your thoughts/opinions? I'm basically in the same position as you, and found your post interesting. Thanks!!
    06-27-09 11:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD