In her efforts to convince me to get an iPhone, my gf wants to trade phones for a day to show me how cool the iPhone is. What I want to know is, can I just put my SIM card in there and have data with my BB plan? Or does it not work like that?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-12-08 02:56 PM
    Blackberry SIM chip will work in iPhone fine..

iPhone SIM chip in Blackberry will only allow voice calls.. (and some data features I believe)
    Last edited by sniffs; 12-12-08 at 07:58 PM.
    12-12-08 05:53 PM
    You can do this, but no visual voicemail (and do not sync it to your desktop!)

Your g/f, if she wants push services and bbm, she would need to switch data plans.
    12-12-08 06:29 PM
    Very good, thanks for the info.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-12-08 07:53 PM
    You can do this but from what has happened to me after a few hours of the sim being swapped to my iPhone and then being put back into the Bold is I lose media net and my MMS. Then I have to call AT&T and they say I'm on a iPhone plan but it says I have a Bold and then they get confused, etc... then they have to change my plan around to get the Bold working 100%.

This has not happened to anyone else?
    12-15-08 05:17 PM
    You can do this, but no visual voicemail (and do not sync it to your desktop!)

Your g/f, if she wants push services and bbm, she would need to switch data plans.

Why not sync to desktop???
    03-03-09 02:49 PM
    If you place a different SIM Card on the Iphone, than the one it was activated on, providing it hasn't been unlocked, and sync it to Itunes, it will ask you to Activate the phone, and choose an IPhone data plan.
    03-04-09 11:48 AM
    If you place a different SIM Card on the Iphone, than the one it was activated on, providing it hasn't been unlocked, and sync it to Itunes, it will ask you to Activate the phone, and choose an IPhone data plan.
    Unless jailbroken. I sync my iPhone with any of my 4 sims.
    03-04-09 01:32 PM
    Well, if you put it back into iTunes it might make you activate it. It can be iffy at times.
    03-12-09 12:04 PM
    How did it go Legend?
    03-12-09 07:03 PM
    I was just wondering if it worked?
    did your bb storm sim card work in the iphone 3g
    if not, do you think it would work in it if the iphone was jailbroken?
    03-19-09 05:48 PM
    I dont believe so.. The Blackberry Storm sim chip will only work on European GSM bands because Verizon doesnt have GSM service in America.

the reason why the Storm has a SIM chip is because while you're in Europe/Asia, the storm is designed to work on Vodafone(and GSM carriers partnered with Vodafone for roaming), Verizon's "parent" company.
    Last edited by sniffs; 03-19-09 at 09:18 PM.
    03-19-09 08:25 PM
    so I got a storm can I use the sim card for an att phone?
    04-03-09 01:11 PM
    so I got a storm can I use the sim card for an att phone?
    The Storm's sim that says Verizon or an AT&T Sim. You can use the AT&T sim if it's unlocked.
    04-03-09 02:35 PM
    I think he's talking about using that Verizon sim inside an ATT device. I dont believe that will work, but I could be wrong.
    04-03-09 04:09 PM
    Any updates on how the switch went?
    04-06-09 09:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD