Anand tech's benchmarking leaves absolutely no room for argument. Using a unique chipset architecture (dare i say innovative?!?), the I5 pretty well smokes everything else out there. It's closest competitor is iPad 3. These are really breathtaking numbers.

AnandTech - The iPhone 5 Performance Preview
    09-23-12 03:24 AM
    I know mine is shockingly faster than my 4s.
    09-23-12 08:20 AM
    Lies - I read here it was just a minor update based on people looking at pictures online, far more convincing than "benchmarks".
    09-23-12 08:27 AM
    Wow at those numbers.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    09-23-12 08:34 AM
    Wow at those numbers.

Joking aside, those numbers are fantastic - do we know yet what the first wave of BlackBerry devices will launch with?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    09-23-12 08:38 AM
    Joking aside, those numbers are fantastic - do we know yet what the first wave of BlackBerry devices will launch with?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    Don't quote, but I believe there's a thread that list the specs of the first bb10 device.

09-23-12 08:48 AM
    The iPhone 5 is what Marty McFly uses for time travel after the DeLorean was destroyed.
    mark37724 likes this.
    09-23-12 09:29 AM
    While those numbers look promising for I5, some readers raised ligitmate questions about the test itself in the comments column. For example, some Google nexus phone users posted much better scores than the ones in the article and suspected that the author was using the stock OS version to conduct the test for competiton phones, instead of using the latest OS versions (like jelly bean). The latest android phone from LG comes close or better in some tests, that explains a little.

So, I would wait a little more data coming out before drawing any conclusions.
    09-23-12 09:37 AM
    While those numbers look promising for I5, some readers raised ligitmate questions about the test itself in the comments column. For example, some Google nexus phone users posted much better scores than the ones in the article and suspected that the author was using the stock OS version to conduct the test for competiton phones, instead of using the latest OS versions (like jelly bean). The latest android phone from LG comes close or better in some tests, that explains a little.

So, I would wait a little more data coming out before drawing any conclusions.
    Since the stock ROM is what normal consumers are going to be using - the stock rom should be the one used to compare.
    09-23-12 10:14 AM
    Since the stock ROM is what normal consumers are going to be using - the stock rom should be the one used to compare.
    Or if you actually want to know which is the fastest you use the best from each competitor.
    09-23-12 10:44 AM
    wait a sec...
    wasn't the new Motorola razr i is using Intel's 2ghz processor? how's the performance compared to i5 since both phones was launched close to rag other....

Sent from my torchy Torch 9800 using Tapatalk
    09-23-12 11:11 AM
    wait a sec...
    wasn't the new Motorola razr i is using Intel's 2ghz processor? how's the performance compared to i5 since both phones was launched close to rag other....

Sent from my torchy Torch 9800 using Tapatalk
    It's an atom chip, not even in the same league as the i-series.
    09-23-12 01:14 PM
    The iPhone 5 is what Marty McFly uses for time travel after the DeLorean was destroyed.
    Must be the 1.21 gigawatts!
    09-23-12 03:41 PM
    My friend upgraded his 4S for a 5 and I was playing around with it today. It's really impressive how fast and light it is. It seems like it should weigh more but when you pick it up you're surprised at how light it actually is.
    09-23-12 07:55 PM
    Anand tech's benchmarking leaves absolutely no room for argument. Using a unique chipset architecture (dare i say innovative?!?), the I5 pretty well smokes everything else out there. It's closest competitor is iPad 3. These are really breathtaking numbers.

AnandTech - The iPhone 5 Performance Preview
    The iPhone5 beat Android w/ICS, but lost to Android w/Jellbean. How come you didn't put that in your thread? Oh, by the way, the Android that the iPhone5 lost to, was the SGS3. I guess that they got SAMSUNGED.LOL
    Cap20 likes this.
    09-23-12 08:32 PM
    Sorry,...I just looked at the graphs. I still think it notable that Apple is achieving those speeds using the chipset they are.
    09-23-12 09:16 PM
    Where in the article do you see that they lost to a SGS3 running jelly bean?
    09-23-12 09:21 PM
    Where in the article do you see that they lost to a SGS3 running jelly bean?
    I saw the test scores in GeekBench. They were first posted on iMore.
    09-23-12 09:40 PM
    I have to admit that it is blazingly fast. It's pretty impressive.
    09-23-12 11:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD