awwwww, lol
    12-09-09 12:57 PM
    i personally do NOT like android and ive used it on plenty of different phones. the droid is nice i guess but #1 product of the year? **** NO!

and im not a fanboy of anything because i change my phone like every few months but for now the iphone 3GS has my heart due to its AMAZING video camera (for a phone, c'mon its great!), simplicity, and overall cool factor.
    12-09-09 01:02 PM
    My GF has an iPhone. It's neat and simple, especially for her (kind of a ditz). I have the droid. It's a lot more techy, more customizable, has a great video camera, awesome screen res., and since I just got the 2.01 update, the camera is awesome. She loves her phone, but wants an iphone with a keyboard. She tried my phone, and got lost (has a learning curve) but loved the keyboard (which I think is so-so).

Not bad for a phone that's only been out a month.
    12-09-09 01:07 PM
    Wow...............awesome
    12-09-09 01:28 PM
    my main complaint with the droid isnt necessarily a droid thing, its verizon. yes, they have amazing service but the cheapest plan with unlimited data & text with the lowest minutes is $100 per month! and thats BEFORE taxes...

how can all these people complain about iphone/AT&T pricing but dont about the droid/verizon's...
    12-09-09 02:26 PM
    that is BS droid number 1 as top item of 2009 whats so special its os so what does that make the pre the number 1 item of what bs !
    12-09-09 02:38 PM
    my main complaint with the droid isnt necessarily a droid thing, its verizon. yes, they have amazing service but the cheapest plan with unlimited data & text with the lowest minutes is $100 per month! and thats BEFORE taxes...

how can all these people complain about iphone/AT&T pricing but dont about the droid/verizon's...
    First of its only 90 before taxes...also....people dont tend to complain about the price when the network is soild like VZW....i like my iPhone but the network is junk and I drop calls several times a week...90 bucks a month to ATT is frustrating when things dont work....
    12-09-09 02:39 PM
    that is BS droid number 1 as top item of 2009 whats so special its os so what does that make the pre the number 1 item of what bs !
    ummm....what?
    12-09-09 02:39 PM
    i think hes saying what makes it so great.

The answer its its a subjective opinion of a website of what they see as "hot" not sales, usage, etc.

I the end it really means nothing in the scheme of things
    12-09-09 02:43 PM

Yeah my plan is $59 - minutes and $30 - data. Unlimited data and text.
    $89 before taxes.
    12-09-09 02:49 PM
    i think hes saying what makes it so great.

The answer its its a subjective opinion of a website of what they see as "hot" not sales, usage, etc.
    Yeah, who reads Time magazine anyway.

I the end it really means nothing in the scheme of things
    It just means:
    Moto Droid = Verizon best smartphone
    iPhone 3GS = AT&T's best smartphone
    Last edited by ccoady750; 12-09-09 at 03:12 PM.
    12-09-09 02:53 PM
    Yeah, who reads Time magazine anyway.

I just means:
    Moto Droid = Verizon best smartphone
    iPhone 3GS = AT&T's best smartphone
    Yeah just tabloid journalism..............
    12-09-09 03:05 PM
    Yeah just tabloid journalism..............
    Pretty much it is tabloid journalism in a way. Its ONE tech editor's OPINION, theres no fact there to support any claims.

[QUOTE=ccoady750;4268099]Yeah, who reads Time magazine anyway.

Just because its the Times doesnt make his OPINION any more VALID. Is an tech editor on theiphoneblog or cnet and LESS credible because they dont write for the Times? An opinion is one person's opinion, thats it.

Cough Fox News cough. Doesnt matter how many millions of viewers, popularity of the media doesnt make them any more correct.

Again, in the end it means nothing.
    Last edited by stuaw11; 12-09-09 at 03:32 PM.
    12-09-09 03:29 PM
    Pretty much it is tabloid journalism. Its ONE tech editor's OPINION, theres no fact there to support any claims.

Just because its the Times doesnt make his OPINION any more VALID. Again, in the end it means nothing.
    Except free publicity and advertising for VZW, Droid and more sales, which will lead to more people leaving AT&T because they want to be "#1". I know more people that dislike AT&T's network than people disliking Verizons network.
    12-09-09 03:34 PM
    How many Droid commercials did VZW drop MILLION into. How many did they sell? WAY short of the 1+ million iphones the first weekend. Ads only go so far.

Plus the iphone gets PLENTY of free advertising, probably more than any other product on the market, even when its not #1 for not being #1. It needs no help selling millions of phones.
    Last edited by stuaw11; 12-09-09 at 03:38 PM.
    12-09-09 03:36 PM
    How many Droid commercials did VZW drop MILLION into. How many did they sell? WAY short of the 1+ million iphones the first weekend. Ads only go so far.

Plus the iphone gets PLENTY of free advertising, probably more than any other product on the market, even when its not #1 for not being #1. It needs no help selling millions of phones.
    You have to remember, the iPhone 3GS opening weekend sales were in 9 countries worldwide. There were hassle free early upgrade, and ebay scalpers buying them for profit like it was the first year of the Wii.

The droid, release was in 1 country, with no brand recognition llike the iPhone (not to mention it had been out already for 2 years) Everybody had iPods and saw all the millions of Mac/iPhone/iPod commercials. Droid didn't have that luxury. Next year it will.
    Last edited by ccoady750; 12-09-09 at 03:48 PM.
    12-09-09 03:45 PM

The Droid is at a million; and they haven't released the Euro version of it yet.
    Customization; slide out keyboard; bigger screen higher screen res.
    Browser is just as good if not better; apps.
    Not restricted.......
    Shall we go on.
    BTW its not just one phone its many. The Droid just happens to be leading the way.
    Oh btw I can make folders on my screen make shortcuts that directly dial numbers and drop then in said folder, and I can do the same with text messages and web shortcuts.
    Oh and not to mention the navigation.
    Did I say navigation; free............
    Compass; street view........
    Ummmm so tell me more about the iphone.
    Not to mention themes themes themes.
    Last edited by TrendyProfessional1; 12-09-09 at 03:53 PM.
    12-09-09 03:48 PM
    You have to remember, the iPhone 3GS opening weekend sales were in 9 countries worldwide. There were hassle free early upgrade, and ebay scalpers buying them for profit like it was the first year of the Wii.

The droid, release was in 1 country, with no brand recognition llike the iPhone (not to mention it had been out already for 2 years) Everybody had iPods and saw all the millions of Mac/iPhone/iPod commercials. Droid didn't have that luxury. Next year it will.
    Yeah I was gonna well trying to rememer the same thing.....
    12-09-09 03:50 PM
    The Droid is at a million; and they haven't released the Euro version of it yet.
    Customization; slide out keyboard; bigger screen higher screen res.
    Browser is just as good if not better; apps.
    Not restricted.......
    Shall we go on.
    BTW its not just one phone its many. The Droid just happens to be leading the way.
    Oh btw I can make folders on my screen make shortcuts that directly dial numbers and drop then in said folder, and I can do the same with text messages and web shortcuts.
    Oh and not to mention the navigation.
    Did I say navigation; free............
    Compass; street view........
    Ummmm so tell me more about the iphone.
    It's purty! Oh and curvy. And Steve jobs wears turtlenecks. And it has more fart apps. Oh, and it doesn't have the hassle of a removeable battery. Who wants that? Apple is generous enough to put a new one in for me in only one week for a low low fee of $150.
    12-09-09 03:54 PM
    It's purty! Oh and curvy. And Steve jobs wears turtlenecks. And it has more fart apps. Oh, and it doesn't have the hassle of a removeable battery. Who wants that? Apple is generous enough to put a new one in for me in only one week for a low low fee of $150.
    ROFL
    Oh and wait wait games games that look really really nice with a seperate
    GPU.
    Ummmmm yeah seperate GPU.......
    12-09-09 03:56 PM
    What Trendy what?
    The pin drop.............
    12-09-09 03:59 PM
    Ok, I'm done making fun of the people that made fun of the Storm users (even though they had a right to). the iPhone is pretty cool, but I like the droid network and format better. I make fun of my girlfriends iPhone now and she could care less, lol.
    12-09-09 04:00 PM
    Ok, I'm done making fun of the people that made fun of the Storm users (even though they had a right to). the iPhone is pretty cool, but I like the droid network and format better. I make fun of my girlfriends iPhone now and she could care less, lol.
    Its all in good fun. I liked the droid when I had brief time with it. I wouldnt switch from the iphone, but the Droid was cool. Ugly as ****, but did its job.
    12-09-09 04:03 PM
    Please take the trolling elsewhere. Thanks!
    12-09-09 07:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD