Funny since I dropped the Iphone 4 in favor of the Bold 9930. All the improvements of the Iphone 4S don't address my problems with the phone as a whole. Maybe one day they'll make it's core phone functions more useable and stable. But, I realize it's personal preference. Whether fanboy comes into play or not. . .well. . .we know the answer to that.
    10-12-11 07:13 PM
    How old is the 3GS? Or the OG droid? They have been upgraded recently. I bought the storm 2 and was not long after that it was done and kept hearing rumors that the storm 2 was going to get the web kit browser. Then when it came that it was not getting OS6 and I was locked into a contract to get the storm 2 when I switched to Verizon and after about 5 months with the phone it was not supported anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using TapaMFtalk
    10-12-11 09:18 PM
    How old is the 3GS? Or the OG droid? They have been upgraded recently. I bought the storm 2 and was not long after that it was done and kept hearing rumors that the storm 2 was going to get the web kit browser. Then when it came that it was not getting OS6 and I was locked into a contract to get the storm 2 when I switched to Verizon and after about 5 months with the phone it was not supported anymore.

I think the 3G is roughly 3 years old and 3GS is 2 years old.
    10-12-11 09:27 PM
    Funny since I dropped the Iphone 4 in favor of the Bold 9930. All the improvements of the Iphone 4S don't address my problems with the phone as a whole. Maybe one day they'll make it's core phone functions more useable and stable. But, I realize it's personal preference. Whether fanboy comes into play or not. . .well. . .we know the answer to that.
    Well they did switch to a dual antenna design. That may make the core phone functions much more stable.
    10-12-11 09:28 PM
    I think the 3G is roughly 3 years old and 3GS is 2 years old.
    Corect, and the 3GS did get iOS 5.

The carrier may not have dripped any new OS's for the S2 but there were leaked versions available for those who chose to install them. I actually never saw the point. I installed almost every leaked OS on both my S1 and Tour but never saw the need on the S2 and Bold. Both worked just fine.
    10-12-11 09:36 PM

Verizon tested the wekit browser and OS 6 extensively on the Storm2 but it never ran properly so they gave up. It just didn't have the HW for it apparently. Yes the original Droid isn't supported anymore but it did get Froyo which a lot of people haters didn't expect.

Phone technology is expanding at an exponential rate these days and a lot of the time the software is ahead of the software. Just because a phone does not get new updates does not mean it isn't supported. The phone still does what it did when you got it and they honor the warranty and extended warranty/insurance, even for devices that are technically EOL.
    10-12-11 09:44 PM
81 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD