The NEW iPhone 4G - Coming 2010

how many believe this is a true source or believe of this actually happening...
    12-21-09 02:04 PM
    If you search for the site for LTE information, you'll see this has already been talked about.
    12-21-09 02:52 PM
    It would be awesome if it was released on sprint for their already active 4g network.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-21-09 03:39 PM
    It would be awesome if it was released on sprint for their already active 4g network.

They were talking about this in another forum. The stage is set for Apple to spit out a 3g/4g wimax iphone. Let's face it there is not going to be a LTE iphone in 2010, maybe 2011.
    12-21-09 03:56 PM
    Removeable Battery?!?
    lol I don't think Apple will ever do that.
    12-21-09 04:12 PM
    They were talking about this in another forum. The stage is set for Apple to spit out a 3g/4g wimax iphone. Let's face it there is not going to be a LTE iphone in 2010, maybe 2011.
    LMAO, what planet are you on?

There is a much better chance Apple will release an LTE capable iPhone as opposed to a WIMAX device.
    12-21-09 04:16 PM
    no offense but the article reads like it was written buy some student on his iphone.
    12-21-09 04:35 PM
    What does this news have to do with BlackBerry?
    12-21-09 04:37 PM
    no offense but the article reads like it was written buy some student on his iphone.
    Agreed.

That pic is probably photoshopped. Looked like an iphone + that touch HD2 (that phone with the huge screen. 2 am right now, half asleep.

12-22-09 04:25 AM
    dont even bother buying the iphone 4g. wait for the 4gs
    12-22-09 09:18 AM
    that's what I was thinking of!
    12-22-09 10:00 AM
    The Palm Pre on Sprint (Sprint now offering a 4G network) has made an attempt at being competitive with iPhone and Blackberry...but it's not looking good. Maybe their recent Android phone will help. there you go a little part on BB lmao...
    12-22-09 10:34 AM
    LMAO, what planet are you on?

There is a much better chance Apple will release an LTE capable iPhone as opposed to a WIMAX device.
    What planet are you from?

Why you gotta hate on my dreams. 4g wimax iphone in 2010!
    12-22-09 11:14 AM
    believe it when either side confirms outright and not before
    12-23-09 12:07 AM
    hey guess what.

iphone is a POS. nobody cares.
    12-23-09 01:24 AM
    hey guess what.

obviously you care for posting here and so does the rest
    12-23-09 11:13 AM
    Agreed.

That pic is probably photoshopped. Looked like an iphone + that touch HD2 (that phone with the huge screen. 2 am right now, half asleep.

agreed man

12-24-09 12:34 AM
    I am a BlackBerry lover, and I have to say the iPhone is not a POS. It is a great phone and so much more, but the network fails. I love the BlackBerry messaging support. Nothing touches it, and that is a key for me. I just wish people did not feel the need to love one and hate the other as well as post flaming replies to those who do not feel the same.

I believe that Sprint can of course advertise 4G due to WiMax, but I also believe no phones take advantage of it. WiMax has been abandoned by most other carriers for LTE, and it will probably die for phones. Sprint's coverage outside of major cities sux, and their 4G coverage is minimal at best. They do have a great reputation for their network where their network covers.

When LTE phones come out, the use will be widespread, unlike WiMax to date. I just think Sprint is most likely investing in something that will not be the standard. WiMax is something tacked onto a phone network where LTE is a GSM based technology.

I would also bet the first 4G iPhone will be LTE, not WiMax. Apple partnering with Sprint would not be a good business decision just based on Sprint's lower user base.
    12-24-09 07:19 AM
    Nothing. That's why it's in the iPhone forum.
    12-24-09 10:52 AM
    the picture is a concept art. There are many online if you actually googled it. I saw one where it is black and very slim looking. We will see in 2010 if this bs or not.
    12-24-09 12:22 PM
    hey guess what.

bottom line haha
    12-24-09 03:06 PM
    This article reads more like a wish list than a rumor.

WiMax is already a dead technology. If Apple produces a 4G iPhone, most likely it will have a dual band radio. LTE/GSM or something.

12-26-09 04:57 PM
    I am a BlackBerry lover, and I have to say the iPhone is not a POS. It is a great phone and so much more, but the network fails. I love the BlackBerry messaging support. Nothing touches it, and that is a key for me. I just wish people did not feel the need to love one and hate the other as well as post flaming replies to those who do not feel the same.

I believe that Sprint can of course advertise 4G due to WiMax, but I also believe no phones take advantage of it. WiMax has been abandoned by most other carriers for LTE, and it will probably die for phones. Sprint's coverage outside of major cities sux, and their 4G coverage is minimal at best. They do have a great reputation for their network where their network covers.

When LTE phones come out, the use will be widespread, unlike WiMax to date. I just think Sprint is most likely investing in something that will not be the standard. WiMax is something tacked onto a phone network where LTE is a GSM based technology.

I would also bet the first 4G iPhone will be LTE, not WiMax. Apple partnering with Sprint would not be a good business decision just based on Sprint's lower user base.
    4G Wimax is not only about Sprint. There is a big market overseas.
    12-26-09 10:50 PM
    Yeh but other carriers use other frequencies for WIMAX so its the same problem GSM has now with tmo and att 3g- same technology but not compatible. Basically its a US service and the few countries that use the same WIMAX band. It severly limits your 4g usage overseas

http://api.ning.com/files/ASwMxZ*xjd...eployments.jpg

Basically US, japan, singapore, brazil, and parts of russia. All others use in the 3.3-3.8 or 5-6 GHz frequencies. And even those few countries are in the 2.3-2.7 range, so maybe not compatible with the 2.5GHz Sprint/Clearwire uses.

WIMAX is a niche technology in the US, I cant see Apple jumping on that one anytime soon.

LTE will hopefully be more universal, at least in the US VZW and ATT are doing it on 700
    Last edited by stuaw11; 12-27-09 at 12:22 AM.
    12-26-09 11:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD