Seems a little steep but Im still in contract with at&t... but I am intrigued with this new phone and want to get it badly......I am a Blackberry Bold 9700 user and I love BB but i think its time for a change! RIM always seems to be so far behind when it comes to the cell phone game.

P.S. does verizon.net email work on the Iphone?????

Thanks
    06-21-10 12:02 PM
    No, it's worth $599
    06-21-10 12:29 PM
    Sell your Bold on ebay and help recoup the money it'll cost... I sold my 3gs 16gb for $290 ... so it easily justifies buying it for $399
    06-21-10 12:33 PM
    Yeah was also gonna say that I can grab $250 for my bold 9700 and $100 for my bold 9000. That makes it even more enticing to pull the trigger on the deal. Just hoping it would be a smooth transaction from BB to Iphone. Wanted to make sure my verizon.net email would function properly on the Iphone 4

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-21-10 12:36 PM
    No, it's worth $599
    LOL I hear ya!

06-21-10 12:38 PM
    At the end of the day it's up to you to decide if the price is right. Some people are paying 200 for theirs, others 400 and a lot are paying full retail at 600. They decided that its worth it for them. If you're happy with your purchase that's all that matters. I myself never paid more than 400 for an iPhone because I never had to. But if none of my 5 lines were eligible for any type of upgrade, I'd would gladly shell out the 600. If I paid 529 for the nexus 1, I consider the iphone to be better so it's a no brainer for me. But that's just me.
    06-21-10 12:40 PM
    At the end of the day it's up to you to decide if the price is right. Some people are paying 200 for theirs, others 400 and a lot are paying full retail at 600. They decided that its worth it for them. If you're happy with your purchase that's all that matters. I myself never paid more than 400 for an iPhone because I never had to. But if none of my 5 lines were eligible for any type of upgrade, I'd would gladly shell out the 600. If I paid 529 for the nexus 1, I consider the iphone to be better so it's a no brainer for me. But that's just me.
    yeah I guess its just I've never had to pay a lot for a cell phone. I got my bold 9700 for free w/ 2 year contract. Considering the $600 price tag for no contract my early upgrade price doesn't seem that bad at all plus the $350 I can get for the sale of my old phones

06-21-10 01:28 PM
    yeah I guess its just I've never had to pay a lot for a cell phone. I got my bold 9700 for free w/ 2 year contract. Considering the $600 price tag for no contract my early upgrade price doesn't seem that bad at all plus the $350 I can get for the sale of my old phones

I understand. But like I said, only you can determine if it's worth it. Try it for a few weeks. If you don't like it or think it's worth it, take it back.
    06-21-10 01:47 PM
    Here's my thought: Buy a used 3GS on ebay or craigslist for $250 or so if you find the right seller. Upgrade the 3GS to iOS4 and get most of the benefits while you wait until your full upgrade. Then sell your 3GS for most of what you bought it for and buy the iphone4 for $200. Say you take a $100 loss reselling the 3GS, you're still $100 ahead of doing the early upgrade.
    06-21-10 01:49 PM
    Are you referring to the blackberry verizon
    email or your verizon.net address that you
    get from Verizon? The latter will/should
    definitely work, but the BlackBerry verizon
    won't work if you don't have a BlackBerry
    plan hooked up and active with a BlackBerry
    IMEI/PIN.
    06-21-10 01:51 PM
    Are you referring to the blackberry verizon
    email or your verizon.net address that you
    get from Verizon? The latter will/should
    definitely work, but the BlackBerry verizon
    won't work if you don't have a BlackBerry
    plan hooked up and active with a BlackBerry
    IMEI/PIN.
    I am referring to my verizon.net address that I get from Verizon.
    06-21-10 01:57 PM
    Here's my thought: Buy a used 3GS on ebay or craigslist for $250 or so if you find the right seller. Upgrade the 3GS to iOS4 and get most of the benefits while you wait until your full upgrade. Then sell your 3GS for most of what you bought it for and buy the iphone4 for $200. Say you take a $100 loss reselling the 3GS, you're still $100 ahead of doing the early upgrade.
    Thanks. Yeah that is not a bad idea at all, worth checking out
    06-21-10 01:59 PM
    I am referring to my verizon.net address that I get from Verizon.
    Okay... answered in that post.
    06-21-10 02:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD