People need to remember also that it's not aiming directly at 3GS customers. A lot of 3G customers didn't get the 3GS because they didn't feel as it was worth an upgrade from their 3G and now their contracts are ending so they can take advantage of a whole new phone. (They'll have to if they want the full features of iOS 4)
    06-20-10 04:37 PM
    Nowhere near enough difference between the 3GS and the iPhone 4. Ill only consider an iPhone when its not ball and chained to iTunes and has some functionality other than the incremental updates the iPhone yearly release is getting renowned for, just like novelty features like facetime.

But we can all get excited again in June 2011 when everyone is halfway through their 2 year contract and the iPhone 5 is released in a different shade of green and has a FM radio.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-20-10 05:00 PM
    Nowhere near enough difference between the 3GS and the iPhone 4. Ill only consider an iPhone when its not ball and chained to iTunes and has some functionality other than the incremental updates the iPhone yearly release is getting renowned for, just like novelty features like facetime.

But we can all get excited again in June 2011 when everyone is halfway through their 2 year contract and the iPhone 5 is released in a different shade of green and has a FM radio.

What is all this hatred towards iTunes ? even if you d/l your music from other sites, frostwire, limewire.. etc etc.. iTunes still accepts all music and it's no different than blackberry being ball and chained to desktop manager, IMO iTunes is definitely more user friendly than DM... but this is just another p*ssing contest that will probably go on until the end of time lol
    06-20-10 05:14 PM

The typical clueless blackberry fanboi speech. What a bunch of psychological noise.
    06-20-10 05:16 PM
    The typical clueless blackberry fanboi speech. What a bunch of psychological noise.

I was thinking psychological crap LOL
    06-20-10 05:36 PM
    I am thinking about the 3GS while I decide if the iPhone is for me. The big benefit for me is that I can buy a pre-owned 3GS and not have a 24 month contract with AT&T.
    Exactly what I've done. Never owned an iphone before, so why not try it out on a used phone with no contract extension? If I find I don't like it, I just resell the phone for about what I bought it for and go back to Blackberry.

So far I'm pretty happy. iOS4 (GM) on the 3GS is good enough I'm thinking I'll wait for the white iphone4 to come out and then buy that one.
    06-20-10 07:11 PM
    Wow, this thread is funny. I have been a hardcore BB lover for about 5 years straight. I'm bored of my 9000 and am pissed off that I havent had an official ATT OS update in almost a year. And I hated iPhones, but well the iPhone 4 looks great. It has stolen lots of things from other phones that it was lacking, so now it seems like the only thing i'll miss from my BB is the led indicator.

I was going to get the Droid X, then the 9800 slider. But when I saw how completely crappy the 9800 looked, and how crappy the HTC Evo is, I realized everyone is chasing the iPhone. Since im on ATT and have unlimited data (I feel I was ripped off for paying $30 a month for data on my BB which I only used about 200mb with what I consider fairly heavy use) im getting the iPhone.
    06-20-10 09:46 PM
    Wow, this thread is funny. I have been a hardcore BB lover for about 5 years straight. I'm bored of my 9000 and am pissed off that I havent had an official ATT OS update in almost a year. And I hated iPhones, but well the iPhone 4 looks great. It has stolen lots of things from other phones that it was lacking, so now it seems like the only thing i'll miss from my BB is the led indicator.

I was going to get the Droid X, then the 9800 slider. But when I saw how completely crappy the 9800 looked, and how crappy the HTC Evo is, I realized everyone is chasing the iPhone. Since im on ATT and have unlimited data (I feel I was ripped off for paying $30 a month for data on my BB which I only used about 200mb with what I consider fairly heavy use) im getting the iPhone.
    I personally don't think you'll regret it, as for some people trying to figure out to go with the 3gs or 4, I will reiterate that I think the one major thing phone wise you'll see a major difference in, is the cell reception, I don't think the blame was entirely att's, like i've said other places, I've been on a tour bus full of iphones with no signal and someone had a samsung att phone with 5 bars... made entirely no sense... so myself I'm pumped about the size of the iPhone 4's cell antenna being 2/3's of the stainless steel band around the phone....

But i still love the 3gs don't get me wrong, but I think the 4 will help close the gap on how bad reception is
    06-20-10 10:44 PM
    Yeah. I can't afford it. That must be it. My stores sell more phones than almost any other chain in Canada. There'll be iphones lying around on my desk 10 days before any regular consumer even touches one. Try again BOY

Hilarious! I have a nephew who also worked in a cell phone store in college. That didn't make him an authority (nor did he try to convince anyone he was). The local AT&T and Verizon stores rotate kids in and out almost daily. Sorry, but I'm just not impressed that you work in "the biz".
    06-21-10 05:52 PM
    Hilarious! I have a nephew who also worked in a cell phone store in college. That didn't make him an authority (nor did he try to convince anyone he was). The local AT&T and Verizon stores rotate kids in and out almost daily. Sorry, but I'm just not impressed that you work in "the biz".
    You missed the point bud. I didn't say I worked in a store. Read it again. But enough of that.

06-21-10 10:50 PM
    Yeah. I can't afford it. That must be it. My stores sell more phones than almost any other chain in Canada. There'll be iphones lying around on my desk 10 days before any regular consumer even touches one. Try again BOY

What, you can't afford a proper display stand? Apple pays for that.

Well of course nobody buys them if you leave them strewn over your desk.
    People probably think they're defective ones that have been brought back.

06-21-10 11:03 PM
    You missed the point bud. I didn't say I worked in a store. Read it again. But enough of that.

What the **** are you talking about??? Its turning into a REALLY long summer. When do you go back to school?
    06-22-10 02:02 PM
    What the **** are you talking about??? Its turning into a REALLY long summer. When do you go back to school?
    I think he's saying that he owns and/or manages the store.
    06-22-10 02:13 PM
    Great, as if the world needs any more idiotic managers in retail.
    06-22-10 02:18 PM
    Great, as if the world needs any more idiotic managers in retail.
    Great line!
    06-22-10 05:36 PM
    I'll be interested when ios can beat froyo.
    06-23-10 05:55 AM
    I'll be interested when ios can beat froyo.
    I have FroYo and it seems as thought I hear
    "when it beats FroYo" a lot, but what about
    FroYo? Apps loading faster? iPhone still
    wins. Apps being put on the SD card (finally)?
    Apple allows you to put 16gb-32gb of apps
    on your device. FroYo hasn't even been
    released yet, so I find it funny how this
    statement is being said.

Btw... this doesn't mean I disagree with
    your statement, but curious as to how
    it is better (from your perspective),
    however FroYo has yet to be released.
    06-23-10 10:23 AM
    Just another vzw fanboy tried to get us all riled up over something that hasn't been released yet...
    06-23-10 11:42 AM
    This sort of android/blackberry/winmo7/iphone my-phone-is-better-than-your-phone is more suited for middle school playground puffery.

The mature person is able to understand that different devices fit different people's needs. He or she is able to appreciate the differences and strengths across all platforms and that the competition between platforms enhances the marketplace for everyone.
    06-23-10 01:41 PM
    This sort of android/blackberry/winmo7/iphone my-phone-is-better-than-your-phone is more suited for middle school playground puffery.

The mature person is able to understand that different devices fit different people's needs. He or she is able to appreciate the differences and strengths across all platforms and that the competition between platforms enhances the marketplace for everyone.

Well put !
    06-23-10 03:08 PM

Very well put. This was close to my thinking when I decided to try an Android Phone, and eventually ordered the Iphone4. A lot of it came down to the strength of the internet for me. The only thing I used data for was BBM and Google Maps, because I never felt the internet worked too well on my Bold, Storm, and Curve. I didn't feel that RIM were too concerned with it either. Another seemed to be the camera strength and processing power. I haven't seen any info on new BBs yet (for at least 7 months since I stopped watching), but the Iphone and especially the Droid Incredible and Droid X seem to be far ahead of BB these days in those departments. And, I need a new camera. Getting a good one in my phone saves me $$$.

I'll miss a lot of things that BB offers (the keyboard, smooth multi-tasking, docs-to-go, BBM most especially), but I'm excited to try something new as well. The Motorola Backflip I tried was terrible, and I wasn't leaving for the Droid Incredible, so Iphone it is.

The Iphone 4 addresses most of the issues I had with not being too interested in the past. Who knows how it will be, but I'll always have a soft spot for BB (and my ever-living Curve 8310 as a backup). They are the kings of what they do best.
    06-23-10 05:14 PM
    Here you go.....

iPhone 4 Encountering Discolored Screen Issues?

Holding The iPhone 4 Degrades Its Cellular Signal?

06-24-10 04:35 AM
    Uncalled for sneering in the quoted post. I'll edit the insults but the factual issue raised is valid.

BGR has a more useful write-up, Holding the iPhone 4 affects the antenna, degrades cellular signal? � Boy Genius Report but unfortunately the fix suggested in comments (plastic film insulator) is unlikely to work because inductive and capacitative coupling will still have a huge impact.

I was waiting for the light to come on about this, the problem was obvious to any RF engineer as soon as the design was published. I would have no hesitation in sacking the designer, or resigning in shame if it was my design. Putting it simply, broken by design.

My advice to anyone affected by the problem is to reject the phone and return it as "not fit for purpose" and also a potential health risk by emitting RF radiation directly into the user. Simply touching the antenna with a hand or other body parts will cause the phone to increase its transmit power to compensate, with even greater RF exposure and reduced battery life.
    06-24-10 10:34 AM
    Uncalled for sneering in the quoted post. I'll edit the insults but the factual issue raised is valid.

BGR has a more useful write-up, Holding the iPhone 4 affects the antenna, degrades cellular signal? � Boy Genius Report but unfortunately the fix suggested in comments (plastic film insulator) is unlikely to work because inductive and capacitative coupling will still have a huge impact.

I was waiting for the light to come on about this, the problem was obvious to any RF engineer as soon as the design was published. I would have no hesitation in sacking the designer, or resigning in shame if it was my design. Putting it simply, broken by design.

My advice to anyone affected by the problem is to reject the phone and return it as "not fit for purpose" and also a potential health risk by emitting RF radiation directly into the user. Simply touching the antenna with a hand or other body parts will cause the phone to increase its transmit power to compensate, with even greater RF exposure and reduced battery life.
    Thats scary yo.

And sad, considering that the iPhone has consistently had LOWER SAR levels then most Smartphones...
    06-24-10 10:40 AM
    you guys know everything
    06-28-10 06:04 PM
50 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD