9700 won't support OS 6?
    are you sure?

that said and with the new iphone, and HTC EVO (which is better than the iphone, IMHO, with outlook sync and microsoft document viewing and editing) I think RIM should care more about their users, specially BIS users with recurring problems and painful email sync.
    06-08-10 12:37 PM
    I don't understand some of you people on here. It seems like you'll bash anything apple no matter what it is. And NO i am not an apple fanboy, I'm actually far from that. I own a Nexus one and absolutely love it. I can though admit that this new iphone looks amazing. And i can also admit that no matter what you weirdos think, the iphone is the king of the smartphone market.

"but you can't replace the battery, wah wah wah"

Who cares!?!? With all the new phones coming out every month, who is gonna keep there phone longer than a year anyways? I don't know I just can't stand the people on here that are so against apple for no apparent reason. It makes no sense. Give credit where credit is due. Apple knows what they are doing and they make the best products out there. If i wasnt still in my contract with tmobile i would be jumping ship to Att/iphone 4.
    06-08-10 01:07 PM

Who cares!?!? With all the new phones coming out every month, who is gonna keep there phone longer than a year anyways? I don't know I just can't stand the people on here that are so against apple for no apparent reason. It makes no sense. Give credit where credit is due. Apple knows what they are doing and they make the best products out there. If i wasnt still in my contract with tmobile i would be jumping ship to Att/iphone 4.
    you can also ask how many people ever changed their battery before changing their phones?

to me it is not about apple, it is about a phone that meets one's need. When I say the iphone make a step forward doing something, the answer is that BB did that while ago. then what? they did not improve. compare current phone with a current phone.
    and it is not only apple. I think most of Androids beat the iphone in many aspects. I own a BB and I criticize it all the time for the very weak email support on the BIS. and if the BIS service did not improve I am differently switching to better phone for me.
    06-08-10 01:32 PM
    The only reason I think a removable battery would be nice is because its hard to get through a full day on the current battery (at least it was for me) you make a few phone calls and its half dead right there. Hopefully the new battery is a lot better.
    06-08-10 02:09 PM
    I don't care about the battery. When I was using blackberry exclusively, I had a car charger and charger at work besides the home charger. Nothing has changed for me. Of course, we'd all like to have bigger and longer lasting batteries, but with all the other functionalities, battery would not be a deal breaker for me. If I want the multimedia capabilities then I have to deal with some of the shortcoming that come a long with data. If blackberries didn't use compressed data, and the browser was more usable than it is, then their battery would be terrible. But since everything is compressed battery life last forever. But Android devices and iPhone devices do not water down or compress data so the usage is much higher. Either live it or pick a different device.
    06-08-10 02:25 PM
    I kept my BB 7290 up until last month, replaced the battery 3 times, it didn't cost an arm and a leg to replace it, and I didn't have to be without my device that I do everything on. Yeah, for the average smartphone user that replaces their device often, likely no problem, but still an issue for me.
    06-09-10 09:14 PM
    I don't care about the battery. When I was using blackberry exclusively, I had a car charger and charger at work besides the home charger. Nothing has changed for me. Of course, we'd all like to have bigger and longer lasting batteries, but with all the other functionalities, battery would not be a deal breaker for me. If I want the multimedia capabilities then I have to deal with some of the shortcoming that come a long with data. If blackberries didn't use compressed data, and the browser was more usable than it is, then their battery would be terrible. But since everything is compressed battery life last forever. But Android devices and iPhone devices do not water down or compress data so the usage is much higher. Either live it or pick a different device.
    +1

Sure it's not convenient to have an irreplaceable battery but the people who do buy iPhones probably already knows that. Having chargers wherever you go is a little bit if extra baggage I admit but that's why their made, to fill a void.

On to your second point, the browser is another reason for the battery. I had a 9700 and I always cringed whenever I was gonna use the browser, thus only used it when needed. It just does not make me want to use it. However, I recently sold the 9700 and got a Pre+, whose web browser is just miles ahead of the BB and basically on par with mobile Safari. Knowing I had a browser that was capable of rendering full web pages, I was more inclined and motivated to use it.

If the BB had the gave me the same web browsing experience as webOS, iOS, or Android, I'm sure the battery wouldn't last as long as it does now either. I bought the 9700 for the functionality and even with all the additional functionalities it had over other phones, I didn't fully make the most of it, and realized what I did on a daily basis could be done on other phones (voice calls, text, email, web browsing, and moderate organization apps).

With the new iPhone 4, it's a no brainer for those who realize they may not be making the most of their BB and can do everything they need in a more polished device.
    06-09-10 09:52 PM
    Well it's going to be a nice phone but it's not going to have all the stuff bb offers like data compression, security, qwerty, bes email, free push email and tons of other things. The video calling will become a standard really soon so it's not a feature bb will have it and so will everyone else. The display on iPhone 4 is going to rock but I have figured out why the are pushing it so hard because iad is trying to serve movie quality Hd advertising to customers on iPhone.

Granted the device will be great non the less but that was the plan I think in regards to the display.
    06-10-10 06:06 AM
    The only reason I think a removable battery would be nice is because its hard to get through a full day on the current battery (at least it was for me) you make a few phone calls and its half dead right there. Hopefully the new battery is a lot better.
    Maybe a few hour long phone calls, i never have my battery that much after a few calls...
    06-17-10 10:19 PM

Exactly ! Couldn't have said it any better lol
    06-17-10 10:21 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD