Hi folks, just a few questions on sms I want to find out before the arrival of my i4. I've been looking up a few things and noticed that there seems to be an issue with sms delivery reports on iphone. I was thinking to myself but sure is sms delivery not standard feature on any make of phone? If its not can you tell me how to switch on delivery reports or do I have to get an app? Second question, I've seen also people asking about changing the colour of the sms bubbles or changing the font colour? Is this possible or a myth?is there a way of doing it without jailbreaking as I don't think I will be able to jail break the phone either as it is a company phone. Appreciate all the help anybody can give thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-13-11 11:33 AM
    You will not be able to change any of the fonts without jailbreaking.

01-13-11 11:46 AM
    I was thinking to myself but sure is sms delivery not standard feature on any make of phone?
    What? sure it is.

It's just amazing how many myths and wrong info coming from the anti-apple crowd.
    Last edited by Shodan775; 01-13-11 at 12:06 PM.
    01-13-11 12:03 PM
    If so can you tell me how to activate the sms delivery on the iphone than cos that's the one I'm most interested in, I know with bb you get the tick than the �d� when a message is delivered,how do you get a sms delivery on the i4. Sorry if this sounds stupid but I'm going to be totally new to i4 and this feature is one I need to know

01-13-11 12:58 PM
    If so can you tell me how to activate the sms delivery on the iphone than cos that's the one I'm most interested in, I know with bb you get the tick than the �d� when a message is delivered,how do you get a sms delivery on the i4. Sorry if this sounds stupid but I'm going to be totally new to i4 and this feature is one I need to know

I'm interested in this too..
    01-13-11 01:17 PM
    What? sure it is.

It's just amazing how many myths and wrong info coming from the anti-apple crowd.
    It's carrier specific. If you send an SMS from a Verizon to Verizon phone, you
    get the delivery report. For the years that I had AT&T, they don't have that
    feature.

OP, it all depends if your carrier supports SMS delivery reports. Easiest way to check
    is going into the settings and checking the SMS settings to see if it can be enabled/disabled.
    01-13-11 01:33 PM
    I'm on o2 ireland and have a bb 8520 at the moment so the sms delivery function has always worked and on my pearl before that,so when I get the i4, all I have to do is go into sms settings and enable and that's all I have to do?

01-13-11 03:13 PM
    I'm on o2 ireland and have a bb 8520 at the moment so the sms delivery function has always worked and on my pearl before that,so when I get the i4, all I have to do is go into sms settings and enable and that's all I have to do?

Yes. But that is if there's a setting to enable/disable it on the i4. If there isn't
    that setting and you're not getting delivery reports, then you'll need to call
    your carrier and ask them for sure.
    01-13-11 04:06 PM
    If I can't get delivery reports that way, is there an app that I can get to do the same? Making sure I can get sms delivery on the phone?

01-13-11 05:15 PM
    If I can't get delivery reports that way, is there an app that I can get to do the same? Making sure I can get sms delivery on the phone?

I don't think so. Remember, delivery reports go through your carrier. They are
    the ones who enable it. An app doesn't fix it if it's not provided by the carrier.
    01-13-11 05:28 PM
    Just for example if I can get sms delivery on my bb using o2 ireland, I'm going to be keeping everything the same for the i4, same number same provider than I should have no problems?

01-14-11 03:19 AM
    Not about delivery reports, but still to do with iPhone SMS..

Someone recently told me that you cannot delete entire threads from your inbox, but you have to delete each text individually? I can't imagine these days that is true, but some of my threads on my current android have over 1000 messages.. I cannot imagine having to delete each message individually.. Can someone confirm?
    01-17-11 02:46 PM
    Not about delivery reports, but still to do with iPhone SMS..

Someone recently told me that you cannot delete entire threads from your inbox, but you have to delete each text individually? I can't imagine these days that is true, but some of my threads on my current android have over 1000 messages.. I cannot imagine having to delete each message individually.. Can someone confirm?
    Yes, you can delete entire threads. Been that way since iOS 1.0
    highlife likes this.
    01-17-11 03:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD