Sorry if this was already covered. I'm not an iPhone user, just thought I'd try to help.

iPhone 4's have a lot of reception and dropped call issues. Some of the problem is actually touching the antenna band that wraps around the phone. I have seen people discuss putting duct tape or special sticky strips on their phones but it could be as simple as getting a phone case! A silicone or snap-on case should do the trick. And who wouldn't want to protect their $600 phone anyway!
    07-14-10 05:27 PM
    Sorry if this was already covered. I'm not an iPhone user, just thought I'd try to help.

iPhone 4's have a lot of reception and dropped call issues. Some of the problem is actually touching the antenna band that wraps around the phone. I have seen people discuss putting duct tape or special sticky strips on their phones but it could be as simple as getting a phone case! A silicone or snap-on case should do the trick. And who wouldn't want to protect their $600 phone anyway!
    Are you serious? One of the known remedies is putting a bumper aka case that fits around the antenna. This is has been discussed as well as infuriated many people that don't feel like they need to put something on their phone to not protect it but to make calls.
    07-14-10 07:07 PM
    How nice of you to thank her for trying to help. You always add so much to the forums.
    07-14-10 07:09 PM
    Haha that was a little to ruthless Scorpio but yea op it's been discussed quite a bit thanks for trying to help though.
    07-14-10 07:36 PM
    It's a good thread because it would probably come up in a search for a person who
    might think that only the bumper solves the issue as opposed to pretty much any case.

Just give her a break dude. She meant well.
    07-14-10 07:45 PM
    Oh well. If common sense doesn't tell a person that putting a case on the phone covers the problem like a bumper then they have bigger problems. And if the OP thought they came up with something ground breaking, then they must have fallen off the earth over the past 2 weeks.
    07-14-10 07:52 PM
    How nice of you to thank her for trying to help. You always add so much to the forums.
    Right back at ya
    07-14-10 07:53 PM
    Play nice children!
    07-14-10 08:33 PM
    Play nice children!
    07-14-10 08:34 PM
    It blows my mind how all these 'know-it-alls' degrade someone trying to help the 'know-it-alls" out.

I got ripped in another forum for asking about apps for a certain phone and how they charge for them. The answer was "can't you find that answer by googleing it"?

The next time one of these types of people comes in to my office for a health care problem I'll just say "Google it and fix it yourself".
    07-14-10 09:06 PM
    Sc**w you scorpiodsu. No I did not think it was ground breaking, I heard it somewhere else and thought I would share because I'm on Crackberry all the time. Thanks to everyone else for sticking up for me. Sorry I tried to help, won't happen again, I'll stick to the Blackberry forums.
    07-14-10 10:02 PM
    Thanks jen . Yes, one of the known remedies is putting on a bumper, which fits around the antenna. This is fairly well known in on-line forums such as this, though many people feel like they should not need to put something on their phone to make calls.
    There, fixed it for ya.
    07-14-10 10:09 PM
    Sc**w you scorpiodsu. No I did not think it was ground breaking, I heard it somewhere else and thought I would share because I'm on Crackberry all the time. Thanks to everyone else for sticking up for me. Sorry I tried to help, won't happen again, I'll stick to the Blackberry forums.
    Hey, Jen!
    Don't let it get to you. Many of the folks here are cool, humble and well-adjusted. Some others...not so, and that includes the Blackberry forums. But don't take it personally, and don't let somebody run you away.

07-14-10 10:19 PM
    You guys make iPhone forums fun to read. Wow Apple fanbois are funny.
    07-14-10 10:27 PM
    There, fixed it for ya.
    Thanks Lazy! That would've been much better!
    07-14-10 11:30 PM
    You guys make iPhone forums fun to read. Wow Apple fanbois are funny.
    I could make it a lot more fun but I don't want to be flamed or banned. I TRY to keep the peace.
    07-14-10 11:33 PM
    I could make it a lot more fun but I don't want to be flamed or banned. I TRY to keep the peace.
    Nah it's scorpio, he's doing it in nearly every thread lately.
    07-14-10 11:45 PM
    Jen there are over 2 million registered people on here. Don't worry about what they say. The mods do a good job of cleaning stuff up anyway. Don't ever hesitate to come to this part of the forum.
    07-15-10 12:43 AM
    Jen. Scorpio was abused. Don't worry--Be happy. :-)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-15-10 05:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD