Since the new one will use a MicroSIM, this will make it painful to switch between devices and for those that would plan to get an unlocked one in the future for T-mobile, how will that work? Would the person have to cut their SIM to microSIM size?

Anyone investing in a SIM cutter?
    Last edited by scorpiodsu; 06-07-10 at 05:20 PM.
    06-07-10 05:12 PM
    Maybe theres an adapter so you can put a microSIM into a SIM sized card, then put the combo into a regular SIM slot? As for T-Mo users, seems to me they're SOL
    06-07-10 05:14 PM
    Maybe theres an adapter so you can put a microSIM into a SIM sized card, then put the combo into a regular SIM slot? As for T-Mo users, seems to me they're SOL
    The iPhone 4 doesn't take a regular size SIM. So if you have a regular size SIM and cannot put it in there. You need to use the SIM in the iPhone or cut your own SIM to shape. I will be interested to see if you have access to the SIM slot like the previous models.
    06-07-10 05:20 PM
    The iPhone 4 doesn't take a regular size SIM. So if you have a regular size SIM and cannot put it in there. You need to use the SIM in the iPhone or cut your own SIM to shape. I will be interested to see if you have access to the SIM slot like the previous models.
    No, you miss the meaning. Let me be more clear. Let's say you have a iPhone 4 and a Bold 9700. Then say you take the microSIM out of the iPhone (if possible) and place it in a regular SIM card adapter, then put said adapter into the 9700. That way, in theory, it could be possible to still move around from device to device in ATT phones. Get it?

And let me elaborate more on the T-mo comment, they are **** out of luck in this situation unless T-mo comes out with their own microSIM.
    06-07-10 05:25 PM
    No, you miss the meaning. Let me be more clear. Let's say you have a iPhone 4 and a Bold 9700. Then say you take the microSIM out of the iPhone (if possible) and place it in a regular SIM card adapter, then put said adapter into the 9700. That way, in theory, it could be possible to still move around from device to device in ATT phones. Get it?

And let me elaborate more on the T-mo comment, they are **** out of luck in this situation unless T-mo comes out with their own microSIM.
    Ok cool. I'm more interested in the fact of people switching from other phones to the iPhone not iPhone to other phone. So yes you can probably get a SIM adapter to to make a microsim fit a standard SIM, but I'm more speaking about how do you now get your regular SIM to fit in the new iPhone. Now people can't just swap SIMs like that did unless the adapter does work. It would seem t-mobile users could trim their SIM cards to size. I just saw some SIM cutters online. Also I just saw some more pics and it looks like the SIM access is on the side so it should be too bad.
    06-07-10 05:29 PM
    Ok cool. I'm more interested in the fact of people switching from other phones to the iPhone not iPhone to other phone. So yes you can probably get a SIM adapter to to make a microsim fit a standard SIM, but I'm more speaking about how do you now get your regular SIM to fit in the new iPhone. Now people can't just swap SIMs like that did unless the adapter does work. It would seem t-mobile users could trim their SIM cards to size. I just saw some SIM cutters online. Also I just saw some more pics and it looks like the SIM access is on the side so it should be too bad.
    I would think ATT users could just switch out SIMs at ATT, my question is, can an ATT microSIM be reprogrammed to work on T-Mo? I would think trimming your SIM card would damage it's memory, but I've never tried so idk.
    06-07-10 05:44 PM

Exactly what it will be. Something like this.

MicroSim Adapter 3FF mini-UICC Shop
    06-07-10 05:54 PM
    I just read up on trimming the SIM card. Seems 100% viable.
    Linky
    06-07-10 06:04 PM
    Or you could use a nice little tool to assist. This was posted on June 4th @Engadget.com

Cut My SIM does as its name commands -- Engadget
    06-07-10 06:44 PM
    it'll deff work it was posted all over engadget
    06-07-10 06:46 PM
    Yeah I won't need to have any SIMs cut but I was just wondering. I know trimming the SIM doesn't damage it as long as it's done correctly. So t-mobile users would have to trim their SIM to use this once it's unlocked. I guess that's not too bad. I saw something on ebay, a small machine that looks like a stapler for 30 bucks that is supposed to perfectly trim you SIM to a microSIM.
    06-07-10 08:07 PM
    I would think ATT users could just switch out SIMs at ATT, my question is, can an ATT microSIM be reprogrammed to work on T-Mo? I would think trimming your SIM card would damage it's memory, but I've never tried so idk.
    Trimming it works. We bought an ipad that was intended to go on Rogers here in Canada and we trimmed a Fido sim (Fido iis Rogers sister company in case you guys aren't familiar) and it fits and works properly. I think the only part of the sim that is not to be touched is the metallic part that contacts the phone pins.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-08-10 06:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD