Is there a GPS program (Garmin, Tomtom etc) for the new phone? Something that actually works. That can actually replace a gps unit.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-30-10 05:58 AM
    There are several paid GPS apps but the one that is probably the best and most expensive is the Tom Tom app.

TomTom App, iPhone Road Test GPS Review
    07-30-10 08:53 AM
    Is there a GPS program (Garmin, Tomtom etc) for the new phone? Something that actually works. That can actually replace a gps unit.

I have TomTom and works as good as my TomTom standalone, it's solid. I also hear rave reviews from Navigon. These two apps have their maps loaded on the hd which makes it better than other ota map loads imho.

TomTom USA is $49, not too shabby.

07-30-10 04:32 PM
    Hey guys-- Super. We starting selling the ip4 in my stores today and even though I'm more of a BB guy... I grabbed one. It was too sexy to refuse! LOL Plus I have more than one line.
    So thanks for the responses. I'm gonna buy the Tomtom.
    :-)

07-30-10 05:21 PM
    Make sure you buy the one for Canada or includes Canada.
    07-30-10 08:26 PM
    Yeah. Canada USA. It was like 50 dollars. I'll report back after I mess with it for a while.

07-30-10 09:04 PM
    Hey guys,,,,, totally off-topic-- and I'll ask HERE cause you guys are being cool and helpful and I'm not gonna get flamed for asking a sincere question; What's with the multitasking thing? I noticed that all it did was make every app I ever opened since this morning appear on the bottom of my screen when I double tapped the home button. The programs aren't really running. What WAS good is that everything is where I left off...like the settings menu is exactly on the setting I left off at.
    Now, I need to delete like 40 icons from the "taskbar" on the bottom. What where these boys thinking? Opinions entertainment, scorpio?

07-30-10 09:13 PM
    Hey guys,,,,, totally off-topic-- and I'll ask HERE cause you guys are being cool and helpful and I'm not gonna get flamed for asking a sincere question; What's with the multitasking thing? I noticed that all it did was make every app I ever opened since this morning appear on the bottom of my screen when I double tapped the home button. The programs aren't really running. What WAS good is that everything is where I left off...like the settings menu is exactly on the setting I left off at.
    Now, I need to delete like 40 icons from the "taskbar" on the bottom. What where these boys thinking? Opinions entertainment, scorpio?

Yeah, I think apple it still working on a true multi-tasking. The biggest issue has been the battery drain. So apple says, so for now they settled on a " bookmarking " system. It keeps the place you are at, and you can flip back and fourth. I also think that is the reason they claim for the push mail. That having push mail ? Anyways I think as they test it more it will be more fluid. I think it boils down to a selling strategy. They want to have little add-on for the next generation. There is no way a multi-billion dollar advanced computer company, and soon to be the stock worth the most in the US. As well as has some of the best minds in the world, cant figure out the minor issues that basic blackberries have. I still think its the best phone on the market, don't get me wrong. But its far from perfect.
    07-30-10 11:37 PM
    You don't need to bother deleting them. The only time would be if a multi-tasking app is misbehaving, which is very infrequent. Only happened to me once, and it was Safari chewing on a bad page. Other than that one time, I've never bothered to close any of the apps from the multitasking bar. Honestly, I never even looked at it until that one time I had that problem with Safari. BTW, if you swipe left, it give you the iPod controls and the screen position lock.
    Last edited by Roo Zilla; 07-31-10 at 01:29 AM.
    07-31-10 01:25 AM
    Cool. Thank-You

07-31-10 04:53 AM
    The multi-tasking is there but it's more app dependent that iOS4 I believe, meaning it is up to the apps to take advantage of it. Try pandora, mlb at bat, etc.. will run in the background. Some apps have updated for this but most have not.
    07-31-10 07:46 AM
    I'm using TeleNav on my Tour and I really like it.
    Price aside how does the Tom Tom software compare.

Telenav GPS Navigator for BlackBerry Review | CrackBerry.com
    07-31-10 09:24 AM
    If you buy the Tom Tom app is there a monthly fee? That's the only thing that's stopping me from purchasing the ATT navigator. One thing that I missed about Sprint and the EVO is the native and Google navigation apps were free.
    07-31-10 08:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD