I know its only been a week since release, is it easier to get now at Apple or ATT store in SF Bay Area?
    07-01-10 12:33 PM
    Anyways, to answer the OP..

Every day the demand lessens, but I still bet most stores are sold out..

In my opinion your best bet is calling local Walmarts early every morning and seeing if they got any shipped in. A lot of people still do not know that Walmart now sells iPhones.
    07-01-10 01:09 PM
    We got an email that they were becoming more available through our Business Solutions channel. Orders are supposed to be received within 7-10 days.

Not sure how that may translate into the consumer side...
    07-01-10 01:32 PM
    Its crazy...I must have just gotten really lucky...I waited for 4 hours at local ATT store for launch and got one...I went back to the store at lunch time and and there was nobody there and I said jokingly "I'll take another iphone"...the rep said "ok, 16 or 32?" I was shocked when he told me that he had about 40 more left...they had already gone through their initial batch and I got there about 45 min after their daily fedex delivery brought another 50...

Point of story...try ATT..go when they open and ask...if they don't have find out when they get deliveries everyday and plan on checking back around that time...they are possibly getting daily shipments

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-01-10 03:07 PM
    When I got on the priority list for my iPad, it took three weeks for it to come in. I just got my notification email from apple today that my phone is at the store waiting for me. Only took 6 days this time. Seems like they're doing a pretty good job with the demand. Too bad I already got my iPhone from AT&T the other day :-D

07-01-10 03:32 PM
    I'm positive by mid July all will be fine and back to normal again.

I refuse to put anything on order and waiting any length of time.

When I go in, I want to walk out with it.

None of this "we'll take your name and number or email and give you a shout out whenever".

The only phone I've ever camped out for was my original 3G.

Never again!
    07-01-10 03:42 PM
    I'm positive by mid July all will be fine and back to normal again.

I refuse to put anything on order and waiting any length of time.

When I go in, I want to walk out with it.

None of this "we'll take your name and number or email and give you a shout out whenever".

The only phone I've ever camped out for was my original 3G.

Never again!
    Apples priority list is pretty convenient...no commitment necessary...just fill out web form and they email you when its in...if you get it somewhere else before that you just don't show up and it cancels itself after like 24-48 hours...

Only thing is it doesn't really seem like a "priority" list but I could be wrong...maybe they always set aside a percentage for non-reserved walk in's regardless

07-01-10 04:06 PM
    I was having NO luck trying to find an in stock phone...at Apple, AT&T and Radio Shack.

I'm actually picking up my phone tomorrow...and I thought I was going to have another week to get accessories. I have nothing...my two cases haven't arrived (they're coming from overseas), and the Apple store has nothing either.

I kept going by the Apple Store, asking if they were taking reservations. I kept getting a "no" answer, until the 25th of June. I got a "yes" that day. I made a reservation on that day, and got my email that my phone is ready to pick up...today. I was totally shocked.

BTW, when Apple emails you that your phone is in, you have till the next day to pick it up...24 hours, not 48.
    07-01-10 08:59 PM
    The reservation and priority list may be different,
    I'm not sure. I know for sure the reserves hold
    until the end of that next business day that email
    tells you to pick it up.
    07-01-10 09:14 PM
    I'm tempted to go in to ATT(as much as I hate going to the ATT store) and picking one up. Not really in a big hurry but when I heard the news about Netflix, that kinda clinched my decision.

Still "trying" to wait on any news on OS6 and the 9800.

07-02-10 01:01 AM
    Since Netflix isn't yet out, why not wait? There are enough people claiming issues with the antenna on the iphone4 that if you don't have an urgent need it might be prudent to wait to see what Apple does.
    07-02-10 07:38 AM
    Since Netflix isn't yet out, why not wait? There are enough people claiming issues with the antenna on the iphone4 that if you don't have an urgent need it might be prudent to wait to see what Apple does.
    Yes, I plan on waiting to see about the Antenna issue. But, I also heard that Netflix and Android were also working on bringing the Netflix Instant Que viewing to the Google phones. It's not just Netflix that I am basing my decision on as I just found out about it yesterday but that is pretty cool if it does what they say it will.

Also, I am sitting on my upgrade for about 2 months now. No real "Official" news has been released about the 9800 and OS6 and I don't plan on sitting on my upgrade for a long time waiting for it. Plus, I saw the leaked videos for OS6. Wasn't terribly impressed though I know they were leaked true enough.

Still gonna wait but if nothing soon, I will definitely look into what the other 2 guys are offering. I have played with both and liked both but I don't usually get a new phone without doing my research.

07-02-10 08:04 AM
    Are you still on a Bold 9000? Consider doing what I did -- just before the iphone4 launched, I sold my Bold 9700 on ebay and bought a a used iphone 3GS via Craigslist which I upgraded to iOS4.

Since iOS4 provides much of the functionality you'd see in an iphone4 (apart from hardware specific stuff) it's a great way to try out the platform with no commitment. Just a quick call to AT&T customer service to change from my BIS unlimited dataplan to an iphone unlimited dataplan. (remember, you're grandfathered from any smartphone unlimited data plan, but once you switch to a metered plan you cannot go back)

Like you I'd been looking at the 9800 and OS6, but the videos just weren't blowing me away. Seemed too much like shoehorning touchscreen functionality onto the existing trackpad oriented interface.
    07-02-10 09:45 AM
    I think for those looking to get one the best bet is At&t stores. I went to the apple store yesterday and it was like a a locker room in there, so packed and everything is sold out.

for those of you who are not in a hurry, just order from apple online and if you are able to find one before then cancel the order, at least you'll know one is coming for sure.
    07-02-10 12:38 PM
    When I heard AT&T was getting a shipment on the 29th, I walked right in as was out of there within 15 min with it.

Delaware...
    07-02-10 02:07 PM
    I'm telling you guys.. the answer is WALMART.

So many people don't know Walmart is selling them.
    07-02-10 11:10 PM
    Eh Walmart isnt so great.

1) They seem to be only offering the 16gb model, at least according to their website

2) Theyre wireless section is run by letstalk.com, enough said. Letstalk has always been notorious for tacking on their own fees if u dont keep a certain plan, service a length of time, etc. I wouldnt trust them one bit buying a phone from them. Id rather wait another week or 2 to deal with ATT direct and not them.
    07-03-10 12:00 AM
    Are you 100% positive that the online walmart sales organization is the as the in-store?

I thought they were completely separate.
    07-03-10 03:05 PM
    not positive, just pointing out what i found on their site
    07-03-10 03:31 PM
    The local AT&T is getting about 6 units a day, 3 16GB and 332Gb. The local Wal Mart is even getting 4 or so a day.
    07-03-10 11:05 PM
    not positive, just pointing out what i found on their site
    In the past, the online cellular fulfillment at Sams and Walmart is completely different from in-store. I recommend not going by anything on the website regarding phones and talk to someone at your local store.
    07-04-10 11:24 PM
    As I posted earlier, my local Wal has had them (16GB) for a week now, so I had to get one yesterday afternoon.
    07-05-10 10:08 AM
    I really hope I can just walk in next month and get one for my bday. I don't wanna order one. lol
    07-06-10 05:11 PM
    I really hope I can just walk in next month and get one for my bday. I don't wanna order one. lol
    Same here. I am thinking I will more than likely pick up a iP4 in by the end of this month. I wanna go to the store though as I don't really wanna have to order it and have to wait for it. lol
    07-07-10 02:38 AM
    Same here. I am thinking I will more than likely pick up a iP4 in by the end of this month. I wanna go to the store though as I don't really wanna have to order it and have to wait for it. lol
    My plan is to call either the night before or the morning I'm ready to get it. lol That why I won't waste my time going from store to store.
    07-07-10 05:01 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD