I'm using Blackberry Bold with Blackberry data plan 500MB with Rogers (BlackBerry (BIS) Svc 500MB, specifically what Rogers.ca says).

If I get an unlocked iPhone 4, will I be able to use this data plan? I read from somewhere that BIS data plan and iPhone data plan are different. They use different APN or something. Can someone verify this please.

Also, if I want to use iPhone 4, I will need a micro sim card that is different from my Bold's. Does anyone know if Rogers sell micro sim card only and allow to switch?

I also read that most carriers are unhappy if users use BIS data plan on phones other than Blackberry

Need some help here!
    11-04-10 05:39 PM
    No. iPhone 4 requires a Micro-SIM. Though if you get a 3GS, then you have all the capabilies except BIS/BBM.

As a replacement phone, the carrier would do the switch, which would also be a data plan switch from BIS to iPhone.
    11-04-10 11:49 PM
    Yeh there's no way since the iphone 4 uses a micro SIM. Theyll know immediately when youre trying to put BB internet on a micro SIM

And the carriers are unhappy because they pay RIM a portion of what you pay for your data, and they dont want to give free money away if you aren't really using RIM's services.
    11-05-10 12:50 AM
    Once you get the iPhone and a micro sim just call after a few weeks and change
    data plans back to a BB plan. They're not going to know or care that you have a
    micro sim card. Then you can just use an adapter on the sim for when you want to
    use it in your BB. I do it all the time with no problem.
    11-05-10 12:41 PM
    you don't even have to call in to let them know or anything. I have the same Rogers Blackberry plan and it's working fine on my iPhone 4.. it's been 2 months already with it
    11-06-10 12:02 PM
    you don't even have to call in to let them know or anything. I have the same Rogers Blackberry plan and it's working fine on my iPhone 4.. it's been 2 months already with it
    The only problem he's going to have is getting Rogers to give him a micro sim
    card. I've easily walked into AT&T corp stores and gotten a free sim replacement.
    But the things I hear about Rogers makes me think that'll be a problem for him.
    11-06-10 12:44 PM
    If you live near an Apple Store and upgrade there, they will give you a microsim card. You do not need to call Rogers to activate the sim, just log on to your Rogers account and will be able to change it from there, no charge.
    11-06-10 08:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD