I've heard this is still impossible, true or false?

I miss my iPhone and want it to work on TMO. I realize I'd go back to 3G since the iPhone 4 isn't 4G.

I don't care about jailbreaking and extra apps, I just want it to work on TMO.

What do I do about the SIM card since iPhone 4 uses the mini version?

Thanks!
    05-11-11 03:43 PM
    I've heard this is still impossible, true or false?

I miss my iPhone and want it to work on TMO. I realize I'd go back to 3G since the iPhone 4 isn't 4G.

I don't care about jailbreaking and extra apps, I just want it to work on TMO.

What do I do about the SIM card since iPhone 4 uses the mini version?

Thanks!
    The sim card can just be cut. There are regular sim card cutters on Ebay to
    cut it perfectly. The other thing though is that you're not going to even get
    3G when using it on TMO. TMO and ATT use different radio bands for 3G. So
    you're only going to get EDGE. Of course you can still use Wi-Fi.
    05-11-11 06:41 PM
    for the newer basebands, all you need is the gevey sim card. it will unlock the iphone for T-mobile use. but you would only get EDGE speeds like FigureThisOut said.

iClarified - Apple News - SIM Interposer Provides Legally Questionable Unlock For All iPhone 4s [Video]
    05-11-11 10:47 PM
    the guy at the cell shop also said that if they unlock it and i turn off my phone, it relocks.

is there a way to avoid this? cause that's annoying...

also has anyone here used the SIM that Yellow is talking about? It seems like it has very specific regulations that go with it...
    05-12-11 12:10 AM
    the guy at the cell shop also said that if they unlock it and i turn off my phone, it relocks.

is there a way to avoid this? cause that's annoying...

also has anyone here used the SIM that Yellow is talking about? It seems like it has very specific regulations that go with it...
    If I haven't seen a thread on here about that sim card then I definitely saw it on tipb forums.
    05-12-11 12:45 AM
    hmmm worth a google i suppose.

any word on untethered unlocking? i'd hate to never be able to let my phone get low on battery or die.
    05-12-11 12:49 AM
    plus the site on the SIM card basically says it's illegal at the end. :/
    05-12-11 12:54 AM
    hmmm worth a google i suppose.

any word on untethered unlocking? i'd hate to never be able to let my phone get low on battery or die.
    right now, the only baseband that is able to be unlocked is 1.59 anything higher than that is not supported by ultrasn0w.

tips on how to check the baseband
    05-12-11 01:16 AM
    If you're willing to pay full price, Apple sells the i4 unlocked anyway.
    05-12-11 01:20 AM
    ok i don't unlock phones on a regular basis so i have NO idea how this works so...thanks for the baseband advice, but i don't understand how that plays into any of it.

if someone could just tell me in plain english if i can unlock my phone in a way that allows me to be able to turn off my phone. i understand i'll only get EDGE. Whatever. but i don't know what ultrasnow is or what any of the other programs are (thus why i was willing to pay someone to do it for me) so can we just go back to basics here?

is it possible to unlock my phone so that i can turn it off and still have it be unlocked when i turn it back on?
    05-12-11 01:24 AM
    If you're willing to pay full price, Apple sells the i4 unlocked anyway.
    i already have an iphone that i had from when i was with ATT. I'd rather not spend $600 on a new one unlocked if i dont' have to...
    05-12-11 01:24 AM
    i already have an iphone that i had from when i was with ATT. I'd rather not spend $600 on a new one unlocked if i dont' have to...
    Can you briefly go into the settings menu>general>about to list what the software version is (ex 4.0, 4.1, 4.3.1, etc) and the modem firmware.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-12-11 09:19 AM
    if in settings menu>general>about the modem firmware is anything but 01.59.00 then it cannot be unlocked by ultrasnow which allows you to turn the phone off and not lose the unlock.
    most of the iphones out there already has upgraded firmware so it's going to be difficult to get an iphone that runs on 01.59.00 unless someone intentionally has been preserving it.

from what the guy at the store told you...
    "the guy at the cell shop also said that if they unlock it and i turn off my phone, it relocks. "
    sounds like he is using that sim card that allows the unlock but when your phone turns off you lose the unlock and need to do the whole unlock process again which requires dialing the emergency number (hence, the illegal part).

so unless the phone is running modem firmware (aka baseband) 01.59.00, there is no way you can unlock the phone and not lose the unlock after the phone powers off. (this excludes the factory unlocked phones)
    Last edited by glitterstars; 05-13-11 at 11:16 PM.
    05-13-11 11:14 PM
    ok cool. thanks guys!
    05-15-11 05:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD