isnt 32gb just a scheme to get more money outta you? I mean unless you have a ****load of HD videos then i can understand but out of all the years of me collecting my own music and etc I only have 1.84 GB of music...
    06-13-10 04:28 PM
    honestly, an extra 100 is a bargain for double the memory...for me, I buy 32GB because it a better bang for my buck...i mean 100 extra and its go up another 16GB...why not? That's me, if i believe i am getting a better deal on the price I'm paying for it, I dish the money out, and this is whether or not I need to the 32...

Also, extra 100 dollars shouldnt even be a issue for most ppl, if you can afford a iPhone in the first place plus the data plan you pay for monthly, you can throw another 100 into the iphone!
    Last edited by ericxd; 06-13-10 at 04:31 PM.
    06-13-10 04:29 PM
    isnt 32gb just a scheme to get more money outta you? I mean unless you have a ****load of HD videos then i can understand but out of all the years of me collecting my own music and etc I only have 1.84 GB of music...
    I know people that have external drives for gigs, and I mean gigs of nothing
    but music. So many people find the 32GB's very useful. Coupled with their
    apps. Everyone differs.
    06-13-10 04:52 PM
    Don't think it's a scheme but for most people 16GB will be more than enough. It all depends on the person and how much multimedia stuff they have. I can easily fill the last 1.3 gigs on my 3GS if I included my entire music library and some pictures and videos. I know I don't need 32 GB exactly but I do need more than 16GB but since 20GB isn't an option I'm going for the one where I don't have to worry about balancing stuff around and just sync everything the way I want. But everyone is different.
    06-13-10 05:05 PM
    I think you may be in the minority. I rarely buy any new music, mostly my collection is music ripped from the CD's I've bought over the last twenty odd years. Even so, I have about 11GB of music. Thats with no videos or podcasts. I have no videos, but do have a couple gig of podcasts.

I'm going for the 32GB; I figure I'll want some headroom either for videos I might record or for videos converted from Tivo (something I don't currently do but would likely try out).

For your case, perhaps there's no advantage to going with the 32GB over the 16GB. But like I said, I suspect your collection may be in the minority relative to others.
    06-13-10 05:16 PM
    I think you may be in the minority. I rarely buy any new music, mostly my collection is music ripped from the CD's I've bought over the last twenty odd years. Even so, I have about 11GB of music. Thats with no videos or podcasts. I have no videos, but do have a couple gig of podcasts.
    Agreed. I have a crap load of music. Although I never load that much, I like having the extra space just in case.
    06-13-10 10:25 PM
    "IF" I leave my BB(depends on how I like OS6 and the 9800), I will look into the iPhone 4. If I do, I will probably get hte 32GB as now I may actually take more videos, more pics, use it for music more, etc...

I have a Bold and I have a 2GB card that's alittle more than half, but I don't use it for my music, and don't really put movies on it because the screen is, IMO, too small. But the screen that's on the iP4 or the new 9800, or maybe a Adroid phone, I like for watching movies, and I think I would actually use those phones more for my music.

My $0.02
    06-15-10 12:35 PM
    just preordered today for the iphone for both me and my girlfriend. it's funny because she hates uploading new songs, but she got the 32gb and so did I
    06-15-10 08:53 PM
    As someone who used a 16 GB G1 iPod Touch for two years, I had to go with the 32 GB iPhone 4. I can't imagine all the photos and HD videos I'll be making (especially at SDCC this year), plus in addition to my iTunes library (I have about 30 GB but on average I install maybe 12 GB), I love listening to podcasts and some are some hefty file sizes.
    06-15-10 09:19 PM
    32gb for the hd video. i think that it would be awesome
    06-15-10 09:29 PM
    I am going 16gb. No need for 32 gb. I never got past 4 gb full on my 8 gb card in my Bold 9700. Even with video I just don't see me having that much data on it at one time. If I take videos I'll dump them on the laptop.
    06-16-10 09:35 AM
    You can try to stream your music directly from iTunes to your Blackberry or Android phones. I have been beta testing this application from jam11 and you can request a beta code from them and give it a try.
    06-17-10 01:33 AM
    I have a 32GB reserved but I keep waffling on whether I want to get it or drop down to the 16GB.
    06-17-10 06:28 AM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD